Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   University of Kentucky Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49075)

Canrith 10-26-2009 12:07 AM

University of Kentucky Camaros

Trying to get everyone on the same page, noticed there are just a few Camaros in Lexington, wonder how many are on the site.

*Note*
You do not have to attend the University, anyone in Lexington or the surrounding areas (or State if your up for a drive) feel welcome to jump in on the thread.

--IOM 2SS-Coupe--
'The power of a car is in the way it is driven' - Author Unknown.

turleylox 10-27-2009 05:33 PM

I'm from Brownsville, KY near Bowling Green and would love to get some type of meet and greet here in the central part of the state. Do you know many people in your area that would be up for that? I was thinking maybe Elizabethtown, KY. Thats as close to central Kentucky as you can get. I'm sure I could get several people interested in my local area. There is a guy here I know that specializes in rebuilding older Camaros but he also knows alot of guys that own the newer ones too. E-mail me if your interested at turleylox@aol.com. I'll start checking around with some people I know to see if there is any interest.

Sword5 10-27-2009 07:40 PM

Lexington here, took delivery Oct 14. Black 2 SS with silver stripes

Megatron 10-28-2009 03:00 PM

Lexington, KY as well!

captain5706 10-29-2009 08:19 AM

Taylorsville, KY about 25 southeast of Louisville. I think it would be great to have a meet somewhere in the state. Lets keep this thread going and hopefully we get enough interest. Go big blue!!!

Canrith 10-30-2009 10:57 AM

I have been putting the camaro5 welcome card on camaros on campus, so far none have replied, going to try posting a few to the common board and see if that works out any better. But the idea of a camaro meet in kentucky is great, and exactly what I wanted from this thread.

smileyface3 11-03-2009 06:31 PM

Hey, just saw this thread. We are in Jeffersonville, IN which might as well be Louisville, KY (I grew up in Louisville). We haven't gotten our Camaro in yet, ordered on 10/5/09 and hopefully will arrive SOON!!!! This sounds like it would be fun. We ordered a 2LT/RS with Silver Rally Stripes and grey interior and ABM exterior. Keep me posted if you guys set up anything....Thanks!:chevy:

captain5706 11-05-2009 06:08 AM

Bump keep it going

BalogUK 11-06-2009 08:22 PM

ahh, graduated in 05...

but I'm in GA now.

goooo Big Blue-
helluva win tonight :thumbup:

Canrith 11-06-2009 11:59 PM

Bump.

Sorry your far away Balog, it was a perfect game for sure.

Update on campus, I have found a fellow camaro owner who is willing to drive for a show too, she is to shy to make an account so if any changes occur and I don't immediately reply, please pm me with the details.

Hoping to get the meet completely set up for this coming feburary, and have it set up for a good charity, any suggestions as to the charity?

smileyface3 11-07-2009 11:43 PM

Charity Suggestion:

Just a suggestion, but I think The Make A Wish Foundation or Dream Factory are excellent charities. I may be a little biased because it is personal for me. My 3 year old son died of cancer and The Make A Wish Foundation sent us to Disney World on a last minute thing because of the urgency of my son's condition. We had some wonderful family time together away from the hospital that I will never forget. He died three months later. So, they will always hold a special place in my heart. Like I said, just a suggestion.......

Canrith 11-09-2009 08:54 PM

I was torn between The Make A Wish Foundation and The Kids Wish Network. But if we have a member like you Smiley who has a personal reason I for one am behind you all the way.

Sword5 11-24-2009 08:22 AM

Thought there would be more Camaro owners from Ky on this post. I have seen a few over last few weeks or so around Lexington. So far Aqua Blue, Red, Orange and another Black one.

captain5706 11-24-2009 11:56 AM

Any football fans willing to meet in the Louisville area for the UK-UT game?