Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Are all Honda drivers d***heads? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21101)

2Muchmark 05-03-2009 01:04 AM

Are all Honda drivers d***heads?

Why are Honda drivers such d***heads?

Almost everyone that drives a Honda here in Montreal have replaced their stock exhaust pipes with these really loud, really annoying pipes that sound completely ridiculous.

Why do they do this? Do they think that the squeaky farrrrrrrt-sound their cars are making when they step on the gas make them sound faster? cooler?

Today I actually asked one of these doofuses why his car sounded like this. He said, very proud-like, "Aw yeah dud I replaced the muffler and exaust with Mark 2 Bing Bang Boo Whateverthehell system! Cost me almost 2 Grand!". I glanced at his girlfriend who was completely embarrassed at the money he spent on this. They had a baby with them and I suddenly got the impression that they had trouble paying for rent and food, but jerk-boy had to have a STUPID-noisy car.

There's nothing like a properly tuned, mature and respectable sounding exhaust system on a V8 (or even V6). An understated sound is even better as in my head anyway, it makes it sound like you're hiding some serious power. 4-Cyl Honda drivers need to stop wasting their money.

argh.

m

drivingincamaro 05-03-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Muchmark (Post 453078)

Almost everyone that drives a Honda here in Montreal have replaced their stock exhaust pipes with these really loud, really annoying pipes that sound completely ridiculous.

Why do they do this? Do they think that the squeaky farrrrrrrt-sound their cars are making when they step on the gas make them sound faster? cooler?

Today I actually asked one of these doofuses why his car sounded like this. He said, very proud-like, "Aw yeah dud I replaced the muffler and exaust with Mark 2 Bing Bang Boo Whateverthehell system! Cost me almost 2 Grand!". I glanced at his girlfriend who was completely embarrassed at the money he spent on this. They had a baby with them and I suddenly got the impression that they had trouble paying for rent and food, but jerk-boy had to have a STUPID-noisy car.

There's nothing like a properly tuned, mature and respectable sounding exhaust system on a V8 (or even V6). An understated sound is even better as in my head anyway, it makes it sound like you're hiding some serious power. 4-Cyl Honda drivers need to stop wasting their money.

argh.

m

:word::word::word:

:facepalm: @ ricers

DeathChill 05-03-2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

argh.

m

Maybe he enjoys the way it sounds the way you enjoy the sound of a V8? I don't see why it's my business if he wants his car to sound that way as long as it isn't breaking the law.

I don't think it's a great plan but I don't get why it makes him a dickhead for taking pride in his car.

Finally, I'm DAMN sure there's a lot of Camaro's being ordered by people who can barely afford them (as evidenced by posts I've seen) and have to get multiple jobs to try and support their payments, but it's not really my business.

2SSJIM 05-03-2009 01:11 AM

AAWWW! You have heard the weedwacker or coffee can sound of a ricer! Welcome to the club!

Milk 1027 05-03-2009 01:12 AM

*sigh*......:facepalm:

My roomate owns a CRX with a giant mufffler and tip.....
I always give him a hard time with it.

I even invite him to look under my car, so he can see my car doesn't have a giant exhaust tip and is still louder than his.(Although, 350c.i. and LT's help).

I don't like riding in his car if we go out somewhere.

bob2the2nd 05-03-2009 01:14 AM

on my way back from work (which is an hour long drive) i always seem to end up next to an RX8 with a coffee can exhaust. the car already looks pretty decent but the exhaust system the guy has set up doesnt even fit where its suppose to so its bent out at an angle. the thing sounds decent once he gets the revs up and takes off but if he is just cruising sounds like my weed wacker. i just dont get it

mbauer14085RS/SS2010 05-03-2009 01:17 AM

ha ha thats funny

fdjizm 05-03-2009 02:02 AM

Quote:

argh.

m

i drive a honda back and forth to work everyday, dont generalize... idiots can own any car...

and yes i agree ricers are pathetic. should have said ricers though not EVERYONE WHO DRIVES A HONDA

Milk 1027 05-03-2009 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdjizm (Post 453123)
i drive a honda back and forth to work everyday, dont generalize... idiots can own any car...

and yes i agree ricers are pathetic. should have said ricers though not EVERYONE WHO DRIVES A HONDA

He was asking a question not making a statement. :iono:
and you're right, not all Honda drivers are like that.

fdjizm 05-03-2009 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk 1027 (Post 453126)
He was asking a question not making a statement. :iono:
and you're right, not all Honda drivers are like that.

oh stop it lol

"Why are Honda drivers such d***heads?"

it's called a rhetorical question.

Chewy 05-03-2009 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdjizm (Post 453123)
i drive a honda back and forth to work everyday

i used to repsect you.......

jk bro lol. most people still need a daily to get from 1 to b

but the cofee can ricer exhausts are annoeying. wy they pay money for it i don't know. i spent a total of around 250 for my exahust inclusing parts and labor, sounds great IMO. finally get that V8 sound (and it IS a v8) :D

Emher 05-03-2009 06:35 AM

Don't know about Honda car drivers, but my dad drives a Honda Varadero motorbike and he is the very definition of a good man.

thejbyrd 05-03-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSJIM (Post 453083)
AAWWW! You have heard the weedwacker or coffee can sound of a ricer! Welcome to the club!

FARTCAN!:D

fdjizm 05-03-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 453129)
i used to repsect you.......

jk bro lol. most people still need a daily to get from 1 to b

but the cofee can ricer exhausts are annoeying. wy they pay money for it i don't know. i spent a total of around 250 for my exahust inclusing parts and labor, sounds great IMO. finally get that V8 sound (and it IS a v8) :D

yea i wouldnt put a ricer exhaust or anything like that it's a stock civic and i play a clip of the v8 rumble on the radio real loud when i roll down the block, thats ok right?