Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   4th Generation Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Track Times From Last Night...... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4299)

Bowtie Guy Z28 05-29-2008 09:23 AM

Track Times From Last Night......

Well....Elevation HAS to play a BIG factor that's all I can say!!! I was at 5,860 Feet above sea level (higher than I initially thought).

14.724 @ 97.8 best E.T.

There were 3 other Camaro's 98' and newer all SS and a WS6. The closest one to me was 14.95. @ 99. A 99' unmodified SS couldn't get faster than a 16.1 @ 91 and it was consistent all 3 times I saw it run:iono: . So I had the best ET of the F-Body's :happyanim: . The sligtly modified C5's were running bests @ 14.5 @ 100 (I beat one of these :thumbup: :paddle: ). The C6's were only doing 13.9-14.00 @ 103-104.

:character0229: For you TAG. The State Patrol Challengers were running 17.2 @ 84.9 and the Crown Vic was 18.1 @ 79.8!:character0229:

If it wasn't for the other F-bods and Vettes I would be severely disappointed :mad0260: :mad0259: :bellyroll: .

So, it's no where near what I was hoping and expecting but comparably I guess i'd say it was significantly faster than most of the others! Although, now I'm very interested to see how it would do down at sea level!

TAG UR IT 05-29-2008 12:02 PM

D@mn!! Those times are.....uh....two seconds slower than mine...higher elevation sucks! Come down here to SA and run on the track in March/April during the cooler months. HOLY cRAP does it make a difference! Elevation DOES play a big role, but I didn't think it would make THAT big of a difference!

Oh, and the patrol vehicles aren't that fast. The V8 Charger should be the faster of group. Now....State Patrol's driving around Challengers?!?! LOL...I wanna go work up there! j/k

Camaro_Corvette 05-29-2008 12:09 PM

I can't believe elevation makes that much of a difference.

Of course I never think about elevation as a factor since I live in pretty much the flattest state ever...

Bowtie Guy Z28 05-29-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 73388)
Oh, and the patrol vehicles aren't that fast. The V8 Charger should be the faster of group. Now....State Patrol's driving around Challengers?!?! LOL...I wanna go work up there! j/k

Ha! Woops!

As for the elevation, it would be interesting to see the differences that Motor Trend, or some of the other magazines could do up there. All of sudden cars wouldn't be so fast anymore and we'd have a flashback to the 80's track times!

boxmonkeyracing 05-29-2008 03:35 PM

yea plus if you had any humidity it will play a big factor. that's why I ran as fast as I did 12.5004 with mainly intake and exhaust done. although the spec stage 3 and spec billet aluminum flywheel freed up some power. but yea.

Bowtie Guy Z28 05-29-2008 03:48 PM

Yeah it rained a bit out there and delayed the races for about an hour and a half....so you are likely right.

Muscle Master 05-29-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 73388)
D@mn!! Those times are.....uh....two seconds slower than mine...higher elevation sucks! Come down here to SA and run on the track in March/April during the cooler months. HOLY cRAP does it make a difference! Elevation DOES play a big role, but I didn't think it would make THAT big of a difference!

pause- Challengers, new or old ?

CamaroSpike23 05-29-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Master (Post 73500)
pause- Challengers, new or old ?

i think they meant Chargers. :bonk:

NOODLESgoneWILD 05-29-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro_corvette (Post 73393)
I can't believe elevation makes that much of a difference.

Of course I never think about elevation as a factor since I live in pretty much the flattest state ever...

Thin Air makes for bad compression!

Best Temp and alititude for drag is cold as poss. but above due point, and Sea level and below.

Cold dense air = More HP

TAG UR IT 05-29-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 73516)
i think they meant Chargers. :bonk:

Yep. He originally said Challengers, but I knew he meant Chargers.

Muscle Master 05-30-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOODLESgoneWILD (Post 73524)
Thin Air makes for bad compression!

Best Temp and alititude for drag is cold as poss. but above due point, and Sea level and below.

Cold dense air = More HP

My Hemi loves the winter

Rock36 05-30-2008 01:28 PM

Yeah altitude sucks....

Your time and mph adjusted to sea level based on NHRA correction factors is:

1/4 ET 13.65
1/4 mph 105.35

I used Denver, CO (obviously), and the stock/super stock catagory.

Here is the link if interested:

http://www.nhra.com/tech_specs/altitude.html

EDIT:

I just read your mod list from the other thread you started. I imagine you can do quite a bit better given some practice. Since you were running on street tires, what where your 60' short times? I'm guessing you were spinning pretty good off the line. Maybe a 2.2 or 2.3 60'?

Bowtie Guy Z28 06-02-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock36 (Post 73812)
Yeah altitude sucks....

Your time and mph adjusted to sea level based on NHRA correction factors is:

1/4 ET 13.65
1/4 mph 105.35

I used Denver, CO (obviously), and the stock/super stock catagory.

Here is the link if interested:

http://www.nhra.com/tech_specs/altitude.html

EDIT:

I just read your mod list from the other thread you started. I imagine you can do quite a bit better given some practice. Since you were running on street tires, what where your 60' short times? I'm guessing you were spinning pretty good off the line. Maybe a 2.2 or 2.3 60'?

You are almost right on with the 60', I don't have the slips with me but I'll post up those times when I get them back from the wifey!