Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   RX Performance has really gone down the toilet... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295424)

bumblebeecamaro 05-14-2013 11:24 AM

RX Performance has really gone down the toilet...

okay, here's the deal. I ordered my OCC from RX Performance on April 10th. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting. I was expecting to get the item a few days after I placed my order because their website says the item was in stock. I live in the central FL area which means most things come over night.

so a week goes by and no OCC. I emailed them and I was told there was a 2 to 3 week backlog on them due to them having issues with their vendor that actually makes them. so that pissed me off and I asked the person with RX why the hell does their website say the item is in stock when they obviously aren't. she then tells me they were in the process of updating their site.

here I am, OVER ONE FREAKIN' MONTH LATER and I still don't have my damn catch can. and to add insult to injury, their freaking website still shows the item is in stock. meantime I still have to drive my ZL1 daily becasue it's my DD. this pisses me off because I know I keep running the risk of getting oil vapors inside my intake system by not having an OCC.

WTF? what kind of business practice does these kinds of things? :mad0260:

infernometallicSS 05-16-2013 03:07 PM

My shop has been waiting for a catch can for my car for 2 weeks also. I'm not as close as you are but still. Two weeks is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I feel your pain.

bw26ss 05-16-2013 03:09 PM

nothing pisses me off more than placing an order on an in stock item, and then its not really in stock

SSMickey 05-16-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro (Post 6542282)
okay, here's the deal. I ordered my OCC from RX Performance on April 10th. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting. I was expecting to get the item a few days after I placed my order because their website says the item was in stock. I live in the central FL area which means most things come over night.

so a week goes by and no OCC. I emailed them and I was told there was a 2 to 3 week backlog on them due to them having issues with their vendor that actually makes them. so that pissed me off and I asked the person with RX why the hell does their website say the item is in stock when they obviously aren't. she then tells me they were in the process of updating their site.

here I am, OVER ONE FREAKIN' MONTH LATER and I still don't have my damn catch can. and to add insult to injury, their freaking website still shows the item is in stock. meantime I still have to drive my ZL1 daily becasue it's my DD. this pisses me off because I know I keep running the risk of getting oil vapors inside my intake system by not having an OCC.

WTF? what kind of business practice does these kinds of things? :mad0260:

Have you tried contacting Tracy yet?

Bradrulz 05-16-2013 09:01 PM

Why not cancel your order and just order an Elite catch can? Think you wold be much happier. I have had both.

Blues45th 05-16-2013 09:14 PM

Bradrulz I agree 100%. Just because there in here bro doesn't mean you shouldn't do your homework.

BDBiker 05-16-2013 09:17 PM

Placed my order 4/5/13, called and asked if it was "lost in space", was told that they were running behind. Since I still don't have my car(ordered 3/25) it really doesn't matter to me that they are running behind. But I do understand where you are coming from. I don't expect to see my car until the end of June(TPW 6/3), so I am good for another month before my frustration will boil over.

Blues45th 05-16-2013 09:19 PM

Elite. Norris. billet. All catch can. All good products. All are in stock. I love my elite cc. Like I said above.

RubyCamaro 05-16-2013 10:24 PM

Just cancel & get you an Elite! No problems.

The Stig 05-17-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMickey (Post 6552378)
Have you tried contacting Tracy yet?

+1

McBeevee 05-17-2013 07:30 AM

I run an RX on my Camaro, but the Mike Norris can is very good. I had one on my C6 and was extremely happy with the fit-n-finish & performance.

alanhurst 05-17-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 6553650)
Just cancel & get you an Elite! No problems.

This, we have so many options with all kinds of parts, if something is backordered go elsewhere.

Waited 3 weeks for a GM dovetail (backorder) they wanted 700.00 installed which was no biggie but while I was waiting I grabbed a carbon fiber one for about half that price.

menendez1293 05-17-2013 09:50 AM

According to what I have recently heard the Rx cans are on about a 6 week delay now. That is a long time for just a Catch can

jordan 572 05-17-2013 10:50 AM

Took mine about a month but I knew they were backed up. Whatever you do don't go for the stainless lines, there trash. I ended up making my own out of rubber. He said he would refund me but I figured it was my mistake. My only complaints were it took awhile and the quality of the can was alright. The painter didn't completely cover the whole thing, o and it was shipped parcel post.