Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unveiling Camaro at 2007 Detroit Auto Show? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381)

rray200 12-11-2006 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourbassist (Post 3613)
Not to be rude because I'm a fan of both the new Camaro and Challenger but I want the Camaro first and I know that I spend some time on this forum looking around but have made no effort to find any extra info about the Challenger other than what I read here. Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that we haven't heard as much about the Challenger because we aren't looking as hard and aren't as interested?

I've been to the Dodge Challenger forums and Dodge forums. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Nothing in Leftlane news. I guess since they're building it on a shortened wheelbase of the Chrysler 300C chassis, they're confident that they don't need to make alot of changes or test the car too much. Not a good strategy in IMO. At least GM is working hard to get the car right. That's good sign. More testing=fewer bugs in production version.

LowRider 12-11-2006 11:03 AM

I like the looks of the new challenger, but I like the Camaro better

ChevyNut 12-13-2006 03:31 PM

A mere 24 days till press time at NAIAS.:headbang:

Mestizo 12-13-2006 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rray200 (Post 3629)
I've been to the Dodge Challenger forums and Dodge forums. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Nothing in Leftlane news. I guess since they're building it on a shortened wheelbase of the Chrysler 300C chassis, they're confident that they don't need to make alot of changes or test the car too much. Not a good strategy in IMO. At least GM is working hard to get the car right. That's good sign. More testing=fewer bugs in production version.

Well....Dodge wants the Challenger to invoke old emotions of the original car. So that's why when the Challenger and Camaro came out I said, "Wow the Challenger looks AWESOME. It's just like the original. "

I didn't have the same first impression of the Camaro, however after looking at both of them completely. The Challenger is nothing more than a "copy" of the 1970 version, and it has no where to go stylistically (is that a word?). However, upon 2nd looking at the Camaro is saw similarities to the 67-69 Camro, but I also knew that this is a car that can evolve over a period of time. It's not just a 3yr model them "Uh, where do we go from here?" kind of thing.

As far as testing, the platform/engines have already been tested. Just because we haven't seen spy-shots doesn't mean they aren't testing.

BigRedCornhead 12-14-2006 08:39 AM

Honestly, I am camaro bias all the way, but that RWD Impala sounds nice. Man I am stuck in the midwest and havent even had a chace to see the concept :( oh well in due time!!!!