Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Seeing the Camaro in the Transformers movie (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1151)

daddyseth1 07-09-2007 04:06 PM

Seeing the Camaro in the Transformers movie

Well,

The movie a lot of us were anxious to see has came, and I can only speak for myself(and probably the folks in the theater with me), but when they showed the clip of when bumblebee swithched from the '76 Camaro (which I dug being that was when I was born) to the Concept Camaro, there were a lot of oohs and ahhs, claps, whistles, heavy breathing, and excitement from the movie watchers. My wife, who is usually a stuck in the mud at the movies, seemed a little excited and said " I can see you in that car!"
It was a beautiful thing to see.

Anyway, I wanted to know how most of you felt seeing this beautiful car on the big screen? I know for me it made me go to see this movie again. I was literally shaking after seeing this movie,twice. What were you guys emotions?
:headbang: :bow: :thumbup: :eyebulge: :w00t: :burnrubber:

kuulkatdadieo 07-09-2007 04:10 PM

When, the Camaro showed up in the movie. The whole movie theater was yelling and screaming. The hair on the back of my neck stood up and I couldn't stop looking.

Lessk 07-09-2007 04:56 PM

Yeah I heard a bunch of people make a comotion along with me. Heh

And my wife was like "Oh that is sexy! That would look so good next to your '69!"

....Yeah!

Must have......I admit I'm at the obsessing stage in regard to the 5th gen.

SoFlaZ 07-09-2007 07:50 PM

I just got back from seeing the movie and all I can say is WOW:eyebulge:
It looked awesome in motion burning the tires and driving agressive. When it first came on screen a few people were like OOOHH MAN!! I almost jumped out of my seat in excitement but i controlled myself. I want it to hit the showroom floors already so i can be driving one with a hot chick in the passenger seat!!!!!

1bad67camaro 07-09-2007 09:04 PM

:laugh: lol soflaz my wife had to hold me down that car is sweet it is sick !!!!! cant wait to test drive one

daddyseth1 07-09-2007 11:03 PM

A guy in the seat next to me said that "so many people are going to buy this car and in this color(bumblebee yellow)". I said to him, " Amen!, but I am going to get the silver coupe".

CamaroSpike23 07-09-2007 11:34 PM

my gf leaned over when BB changed to the 09 and asked if that was the car I wanted. when I told her yes, she said "that looks so much better than the camaro you have now, do you want one? we can get it."

see http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=906

Mr. Wyndham 07-09-2007 11:53 PM

The theater was mostly empty when I saw it...but of the Ten or so groups in the audience - there were many laughs...screaming, so I could only imagine what it would have been like had the theater been full!

but! when Bumblebee got pissed that she called him a "piece of crap Camaro", and dumped them out - my heart started racing, because by this point I'd been like - wtf, where's the 5th gen? I knew now it was coming VERY soon. when bumblebee came screaming down the street in 5th gen form, I was panting, and twitching with excitement. Of the few people, I was claping and whooping, the old people in front of me gave an approving grunt, some younger guys (25ish) stated: "damn...", and the people nearer to the screen were heard to say "oooh, I like that, yeah! That's really nice!"

needless to say, I was intensely proud of myself, 'cause that was "MY" car on the big screen! and people were already oohing, and ahhing! I can still feel what I felt in the theater! I'm smiling so hard my face hurts right now!:laugh:

daddyseth1 07-10-2007 12:11 AM

It makes you want to see it again and again. Well the good thing about this is that movies nowadays take three months to come out on video. So around halloween or thanksgiving, we can have this movie for our own viewing pleasure!

Mindz 07-10-2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 15292)
The theater was mostly empty when I saw it...but of the Ten or so groups in the audience - there were many laughs...screaming, so I could only imagine what it would have been like had the theater been full!

but! when Bumblebee got pissed that she called him a "piece of crap Camaro", and dumped them out - my heart started racing, because by this point I'd been like - wtf, where's the 5th gen? I knew now it was coming VERY soon. when bumblebee came screaming down the street in 5th gen form, I was panting, and twitching with excitement. Of the few people, I was claping and whooping, the old people in front of me gave an approving grunt, some younger guys (25ish) stated: "damn...", and the people nearer to the screen were heard to say "oooh, I like that, yeah! That's really nice!"

needless to say, I was intensely proud of myself, 'cause that was "MY" car on the big screen! and people were already oohing, and ahhing! I can still feel what I felt in the theater! I'm smiling so hard my face hurts right now!:laugh:

Dragon, now imagine yourself going to see and touch the concept tomorrow. That's how I feel. I went to see it on Tuesday, Wednesday and then rev it up on Friday and Saturday.

:D

BTW: All of the friends I saw the movie with were drooling and asking if it was the car I had been babbling about for the last 6 months. When I replied yes, they said they could see why.

1bad67camaro 07-10-2007 12:49 AM

guys that car is going to kick major rear ends all over i wish it was late 2008 so we can see it on the road smartest thing that gm did is bringing back are camaro

Mr. Wyndham 07-10-2007 12:53 AM

...our Camaro...sorry, it's an old joke - that nobody will remember (faulty grammar). :laugh: (sigh).

but I agree, very smart - chevy was starting to get bland, the Corvette can only make up for so much lack in interesting product...now the Camaro's back...and things are going to get interesting :evil: :laugh:

And Mindz, you lucky Dog - touch it for me, will 'ya? ;)

Mindz 07-10-2007 01:10 AM

I already touched it a few times. The guy that revved the concept while loading it on the youtube video was the head of security for it and watched it like a hawk ALL DAY BOTH DAYS. He went to get food or go to the restroom a few times. I took full advantage.

1bad67camaro 07-10-2007 01:13 AM

:w00t: :thanks: cool mindz your right