Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   SLP springs and sway bars (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95606)

JProberts 07-18-2010 10:30 AM

SLP springs and sway bars

I haven't seen where anyone has installed SLP brand sways or lowering springs. I found some at a good price at Late Model Performance and was wondering if I could get some feed back from you guys regarding the SLP products.

One reason I am considering the SLP is that the dealer I go to works with SLP and send cars there for SC packages and other upgrades.

Seems that most people here are using PFADT, Pedders, Hotchkis and others for springs and sways but no SLP stuff.

If anyone has any experience or information regarding the SLP lowering springs and sway bars please let me know what you think about them. The price is so right it makes me a bit nervous.

Thanks JP

J-Rod6410 07-18-2010 03:57 PM

The SLP springs and sway bars are Eibach springs and sways in a SLP box with a price mark-up. You can get the Eibach set-up for 400-500 with the vendors on this forum and also autanything.com.

JProberts 07-19-2010 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrrod6410 (Post 2113288)
The SLP springs and sway bars are Eibach springs and sways in a SLP box with a price mark-up. You can get the Eibach set-up for 400-500 with the vendors on this forum and also autanything.com.

Thanks for the info, I had no idea they were just Eibach springs and sways!

I considered the Eibach kit but wanted to get a little better quality IMHO. From the reseach I have done and what I have read here on the forum they are not one of the better manufacturers of these types of parts which is why they are a little cheaper than others. Thats not to say there is anything wrong with the Eibach stuff but have heard better things about other products.

Thanks for this information, I had no idea. :thumbsup:

Droid6 07-19-2010 07:51 AM

Don't be afraid of the Eibachs, I bought them because I could afford them and was a little worried about quality because people (mostly the other manufacturers who charge nearly a grand more) make generalized comments about their quality but I'm blown away how great they are. I got the Pro-Plus kit for $400 and I was half expecting the box to have 4 slinkys and two pipe cleaners in it the way people throw bias around here. You can check out my thread on th Eibachs here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93824

Quote:

Originally Posted by JProberts (Post 2115411)
Thanks for the info, I had no idea they were just Eibach springs and sways!

I considered the Eibach kit but wanted to get a little better quality IMHO. From the reseach I have done and what I have read here on the forum they are not one of the better manufacturers of these types of parts which is why they are a little cheaper than others. Thats not to say there is anything wrong with the Eibach stuff but have heard better things about other products.

Thanks for this information, I had no idea. :thumbsup:

JProberts 07-19-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droid6 (Post 2115476)
Don't be afraid of the Eibachs, I bought them because I could afford them and was a little worried about quality because people (mostly the other manufacturers who charge nearly a grand more) make generalized comments about their quality but I'm blown away how great they are. I got the Pro-Plus kit for $400 and I was half expecting the box to have 4 slinkys and two pipe cleaners in it the way people throw bias around here. You can check out my thread on th Eibachs here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93824

I have been following this thread actually and may still consider the Eibachs. I'm only looking for a 1" drop and added stability and when I think about it I have to wonder how different can these springs and sway bars be from one another? :iono: At some point I'm going to have to go with a cheaper option for some mod and this may be the one.

Don't plan on going to the track or any type of racing, mainly DD during good weather months and don't drive it in snow or really bad weather so don't think I need the beefiest most elaborate set-up.

I saw in your thread people wanted to charge you more for the install than you paid for the kit, did you ever find a cheaper soloution for the install? Let me know if you did and at what price? Interested in what you came up with.

I've gotten one install quote for $350 but he did not specify if that included alignment. My dealer also said they would install but needed to see the kit first to determine the price :rolleyes: sounds like a set-up to me, get you in there ready to go than tell you it's gonna be $200 more than what you expected because of blah, blah, blah.... but since your there you do it anyway just to get it over with. I want fall for that one again. :mad0260:

Again thanks for your feedback. :thumbsup:

Droid6 07-19-2010 11:56 AM

I ended up doing it myself in the parking lot of my apartment complex and it ended up just costing me the price of some tools which I needed to have around anyways. It won't be that bad if you are a little mechanically inclined. The price some of these mechanics are throwing around these days is insanity, I called a place for just the alignment and they wanted $150 plus whatever else they might encounter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JProberts (Post 2115739)
I have been following this thread actually and may still consider the Eibachs. I'm only looking for a 1" drop and added stability and when I think about it I have to wonder how different can these springs and sway bars be from one another? :iono: At some point I'm going to have to go with a cheaper option for some mod and this may be the one.

Don't plan on going to the track or any type of racing, mainly DD during good weather months and don't drive it in snow or really bad weather so don't think I need the beefiest most elaborate set-up.

I saw in your thread people wanted to charge you more for the install than you paid for the kit, did you ever find a cheaper soloution for the install? Let me know if you did and at what price? Interested in what you came up with.

I've gotten one install quote for $350 but he did not specify if that included alignment. My dealer also said they would install but needed to see the kit first to determine the price :rolleyes: sounds like a set-up to me, get you in there ready to go than tell you it's gonna be $200 more than what you expected because of blah, blah, blah.... but since your there you do it anyway just to get it over with. I want fall for that one again. :mad0260:

Again thanks for your feedback. :thumbsup:

2quick 07-19-2010 01:24 PM

yea you should be able to do it all yourself other than the alignment. im sure this will all work out for ya.