Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   AAC Afterburners + Parking Sensors - Problems? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115004)

x7productions 11-10-2010 03:29 PM

AAC Afterburners + Parking Sensors - Problems?

Hey I want to know if anyone out there has a combination of AAC Afterburners + Parking Sensors.

If so, are you having any issues with your parking sensors?

The day after I wired in my Afterburners (they installed the Halos in the taillights), my parking sensors started malfunctioning when the afterburners (parking lights) were on. Basically, if they were on, when put in R, the DIC will display "Park Assist Off!" and won't work at all. When the lights are off they function properly.

Took the car to the dealer. Back and forth for two weeks and they have no idea what maybe causing the issue, after AAC told me they had one other person with this issue and they took it to the dealer and got it fixed. AAC suggested I go to the dealer to see whats up. But no luck. They even did updates on the software/firmware.

So this is making me think its the Afterburners (which are powered by a 1000 watt/volt or something inverter box for each pair). They are wired following the AAC pdf, which says to connect to the ground and parking wire on each tail light harness.

BUT, I just want to know if anyone else here has these AAC Afterburners along with Parking Sensors, if you are or are not having any issues, and if you are, did you ever get them resolved.

I'm not bashing AAC, I'm just doing research to see if this problem or setup has happened before. And if there are any solutions since no one I've spoken with has given me a direct answer or viable solution.

x7productions 11-17-2010 01:44 PM

Bump

Eric Baker 11-17-2010 05:31 PM

It sounds like they're not wired in correctly and are back feeding into something, or causing some kind of unwanted noise in the cars wiring.

x7productions 11-18-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Baker (Post 2555841)
It sounds like they're not wired in correctly and are back feeding into something, or causing some kind of unwanted noise in the cars wiring.

Yeah thats what I thought... I checked and rechecked and its wired correctly per their instructions. They suggested I add a diode, so I have to call them up for more details on that. Hopefully that solves it. Idk.

agkelly73 12-30-2010 08:59 PM

Did anyone ever figure this out? I just installed my AAC Afterburners today, the CCFL type and I'm having the same issue now.

x7productions 01-03-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agkelly73 (Post 2683160)
Did anyone ever figure this out? I just installed my AAC Afterburners today, the CCFL type and I'm having the same issue now.

Interesting. They told me I must have wired it wrong. But I checked and rechecked and my wiring was correct. I ended up selling the afterburners and going back to stock because I'm looking to sell the car soon. But yeah, now that I see someone else has the same issue, I'm assuming this is a serious problem... UNLESS WE BOTH WIRED IT WRONG!!! :laugh:

Andys562 09-04-2011 03:18 AM

anyone still having this issue? any solutions?

camarohwk23 05-11-2013 11:19 AM

Was there ever a solution to this because I am having the same problem??