Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   service stabilitrack (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253446)

sierra 43 10-02-2012 06:38 PM

service stabilitrack

I was driving my 2012 Zl1 today and shortly after getting off the interstate it began to shutter and buck as I accelerated, not fast do to 5:00 o'clock traffic in Ocala. Then the "service stabilitrack" came on followed by "engine power reduced", (Duh, I was nearly rear ended by the car behind me), and then the engine shutoff. Using Onstar I asked for a diagnostic check, which they can not do if the motor is not running. They began calling me a tow truck, when I was able to restart the car. The check engine light was still on but no computer messages showed.

I started back on the interstate head to the Chevy dealer I bought it from, about 35 miles away. Onstar then said the diagnostic showed "starter system failure". Which I found odd considering it was running when all this happened.

My wife called the dealer and told them we were coming and the service writer advised her that they close at 5:30 and may not be there when we got there. At this point I lost it and advised them that after I gave over $60,000 for this car 50 days and 1300 miles ago, and still had 10 days on the "love it or leave it" plan, somebody had better be there until I got there.

Upon our arrival a loaner car was waiting and the service guy said, "so it just died, huh?" He was told again what the car did and what Onstar diagnostic revealed. To which he replied, " Oh that doesn't mean anything to us". Followed by "We will try to get to it tomorrow and let you know what needs". Never "sorry about this" or "we will get right on it first thing".

At his point I saved his life and left in my loaner Eqinox.

Sorry about the length of this post, but I am not to pleased at this point with the handling of this so far. I do a lot of business with this dealer, ( I have a Corvette also), so I am hoping that tomorrow someone with some since of customer service gets problem solved

DangerZL1 10-03-2012 07:22 AM

I'd be disappointed in the service advisors initial response too, but st least they were still there when you called and didn't have to tow it in. Hopefully today they can let you know what caused the failure and overnight any parts in to get you going before the weekend. It's probably nothing serious.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 10-03-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sierra 43 (Post 5646993)
I was driving my 2012 Zl1 today and shortly after getting off the interstate it began to shutter and buck as I accelerated, not fast do to 5:00 o'clock traffic in Ocala. Then the "service stabilitrack" came on followed by "engine power reduced", (Duh, I was nearly rear ended by the car behind me), and then the engine shutoff. Using Onstar I asked for a diagnostic check, which they can not do if the motor is not running. They began calling me a tow truck, when I was able to restart the car. The check engine light was still on but no computer messages showed.

I started back on the interstate head to the Chevy dealer I bought it from, about 35 miles away. Onstar then said the diagnostic showed "starter system failure". Which I found odd considering it was running when all this happened.

My wife called the dealer and told them we were coming and the service writer advised her that they close at 5:30 and may not be there when we got there. At this point I lost it and advised them that after I gave over $60,000 for this car 50 days and 1300 miles ago, and still had 10 days on the "love it or leave it" plan, somebody had better be there until I got there.

Upon our arrival a loaner car was waiting and the service guy said, "so it just died, huh?" He was told again what the car did and what Onstar diagnostic revealed. To which he replied, " Oh that doesn't mean anything to us". Followed by "We will try to get to it tomorrow and let you know what needs". Never "sorry about this" or "we will get right on it first thing".

At his point I saved his life and left in my loaner Eqinox.

Sorry about the length of this post, but I am not to pleased at this point with the handling of this so far. I do a lot of business with this dealer, ( I have a Corvette also), so I am hoping that tomorrow someone with some since of customer service gets problem solved

I apologize for the frustrations you may be experiencing. If you would like me to set up a case with GM customer service and research this for you further, please provide me with your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership.

I look forward to working with you!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

sierra 43 10-03-2012 09:33 AM

Brandon,

Thank you for your concern. It is 10:22am and I have not heard from the dealership yet. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. They may not have figured it out yet. At this point I have refrained from mentioning the dealer by name, as I have widely praised him for quite some time, both here and on a Corvette forum. Also two of my cowokers have purchased vehicles from him on my recommendation.

I do not want bang him on the forum because of one person. I can do that in private with a supervisor. However I will not be danced around with for long. If I do not hear at least, "We're working on it" soon. I will be in touch. Again, thank you.

nanokpsi 10-03-2012 09:53 AM

Hang in there. My Brother's CTS-V started freaking out and broke down on his drive home from the dealership he bought his car from, 4 yours away. He was also not pleased. He actually just went through a "service stabilitrack" problem as well. I will see what ended up being wrong with his car. I hope they resolve your issue soon :)

sierra 43 10-03-2012 10:03 AM

nanokspi,

Thanks for the support. I thought, and still think, it's the ECM. Another member of this forum had the exact thing happen and it was the ECM. He had some problems with a dealer, but Brandon got it sorted out. I hope this is not a trend.

justa25thTA 10-03-2012 10:24 AM

could be something as stupid as a loose battery cable.

HDRDTD 10-03-2012 10:49 AM

So basically, you are expecting your dealer to drop everything, stay open late just for you? And expect them to work on YOUR car above and before eveything else?

sierra 43 10-03-2012 10:55 AM

HDRDTD,

You got it. When I owned a Motorcycle Dealership we called it "Customer Service". Any way as it turned out they didn't have to wait I got there at 5:18.

Also I had one person who handled warranty work before everything else.

Again my opinion has been mistaken as it should be everyone's. It is my opinion, and that is all.

noxqq 10-03-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDRDTD (Post 5649417)
So basically, you are expecting your dealer to drop everything, stay open late just for you? And expect them to work on YOUR car above and before eveything else?

We do sort of go over the top sometimes...don't we. Especially when our cars aren't working right and we can't drive them. I hope that once everybody cools down this dealer will handle the problem with a quick fix.

I am kind of watching how this all plays out too. Mine threw up the same message while I was running on 1/3 mile oval track. I came off of #4 and when I accelerated the rear kind of came loose. When I pulled into the infield I notice the same message. I didn't have all of the other issues that the OP had. Shut it off and when I restarted it everything seem to be running OK.

nanokpsi 10-03-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sierra 43 (Post 5649212)
nanokspi,

Thanks for the support. I thought, and still think, it's the ECM. Another member of this forum had the exact thing happen and it was the ECM. He had some problems with a dealer, but Brandon got it sorted out. I hope this is not a trend.

I talked to my brother. His turned out to be a bad wheel hub and a bad speed sensor on his V.

qniknam 10-03-2012 12:23 PM

For the price that we paid for our cars, I'd make the dealership stay open as well... My SRT Charger did something like that and Chrysler's district manager told me I'm crazy and there is nothing wrong -- I went to a different dealer they found my problem, my transmission never went limp again. Luckily my ZL1 is still just peachy haha

sierra 43 10-03-2012 01:54 PM

The dealer called me a little while ago and said that the "underhook fuse box" was bad. They will ship in overnight and the car will be ready tomorrow.

All is well, but I still think some missed my point. My problem was with the attitude of the service writer from the start. Apparently another service writer was put off by his attitude and advised the service manager. Who called me to apologize about his attitude, without me saying anything.

DangerZL1 10-03-2012 04:08 PM

Hopefully this will be resolved by a new fuse box and you'll be on the road again with no more problems.