Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   AAC - Potential Quality Issue. Be AWARE of Warranty Policy (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237815)

ActNup NY 07-28-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c_LoW29 (Post 5301790)
I dont think the issue is the warranty I think the issue here is that his experience with multiple sets failing and paying multiple shipping fees outweighs the benefit of having a lifetime warranty. I dont know about anyone else but I dont want to have another part on my car that requires me to constantly check and maintain.

:clap::clap::clap:

Inferno LSX 07-30-2012 12:58 AM

Don't know how I was so lucky but I've gotten the best possible warranty from who ever I've dealt with at AAC. Twice I've had a side marker go out and both times I was taken care of. Yes it sucked that a had a side marker fail but they took care of it. It's part of the reason I haven't posted much about AAC products having failed. I only have the SMD side markers and rear afterburner halos.

90503 09-13-2012 11:21 PM

Never dealt with AAC products, but I will say this...If you are able to return any electrical parts at all, consider yourself lucky. I bought a maf sensor over the counter at a dealership counter, was told "no return, no refunds on electrical items"...sort of made sense...just sayin'....

MARINE1991 09-13-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90503 (Post 5573579)
Never dealt with AAC products, but I will say this...If you are able to return any electrical parts at all, consider yourself lucky. I bought a maf sensor over the counter at a dealership counter, was told "no return, no refunds on electrical items"...sort of made sense...just sayin'....

:word: they do have a great warrenty service, but they need it...:thumbup: :w00t: :laugh: :bellyroll:

sene 09-14-2012 01:10 AM

Paying return shipping on someone's else's mistake still seems wrong to me.

The Stig 09-14-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sene (Post 5573855)
Paying return shipping on someone's else's mistake still seems wrong to me.

If you need to return something to Home Depot do you not have to drive to Home Depot to return it? So you waste gas driving there but the $3 or $4 in return shipping you complain about? I guess I'll just never understand it.

buzzy56 09-14-2012 11:38 AM

Interesting

It would be interesting to know the true failure rate of this product.It seems that there are Frequent postings of failures & return policy complaints.Cool idea but on & off ,wait for repair & replacement is not for me.Love the idea though.

Supermaro585HP 09-14-2012 12:01 PM

I agree with Stieger on this one. I do think it is bullshit that you have to pay shipping on a product that is not working right. However like Stieger said if you have a warranty problem and have to go to dealer they don't pay your time or gas. I had a situation with a company on here that I ordered a hat and they sent me the wrong one. i called them and they said to send it back and they would get me the right one out as soon as they got it back. I had to pay for shipping and at first I was ok with it until I thought about it a little bit and was like what the hell it was there mistake. I called them back and they made it right with me. That is just good business. I think if a company knows there are issues with a product they should at least pay the shipping.

StephenS_84 09-16-2012 01:10 AM

I don't like the policy, but what are you going to do about it.

ToolFan66 09-16-2012 05:50 AM

Shipping a side marker cost about what? $5 max? Yet you buy a car that gets what? Maybe 17mpg?

As Stieger said guess I'll never understand it.

dragom 09-16-2012 06:35 AM

The failure rate is way too high for me to even consider buying any of their products. I don't want to hassle with any of the return stuff plain and simple. It is NOT a matter of a normal warranty it has happened more then once to the same people. Why do you keep defending them is it because they are a sponsor??

The Stig 09-16-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragom (Post 5581288)
The failure rate is way too high for me to even consider buying any of their products. I don't want to hassle with any of the return stuff plain and simple. It is NOT a matter of a normal warranty it has happened more then once to the same people. Why do you keep defending them is it because they are a sponsor??

No. I defend them because A) people only make threads when something goes wrong with a product. You don't see many threads about how much people love their side markers, etc B) because AAC is one of the few companies that stands behind their product 100% and will do whatever it takes to make sure that you, the customer, is happy.

dorfmac 09-16-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 5581650)
No. I defend them because A) people only make threads when something goes wrong with a product. You don't see many threads about how much people love their side markers, etc B) because AAC is one of the few companies that stands behind their product 100% and will do whatever it takes to make sure that you, the customer, is happy.

I will say that there are always tons of threads in other sections that talk about companies great work, including AAC. I almost want to tear my hair out everytime I see a new thread showing off sidemarkers. Tons of people have them, we all know what they look like, we don't care about seeing yours in the same color we've seen already a bunch of times.

Also, while I get the point about buying something from home depot and having to return it, it's somewhat different because you are the idiot who picked out and purchased the wrong thing or didnt check the product to make sure it wasnt broken before going home. You're the idiot that should take it back. When AAC grabs the wrong product off the shelf and ships it or ships out a broken product, it's on them and they should pay for shipping.

If the shipping cost is really so insignificant, why wouldn't the company just eat the 3-4$ that it takes? Based on the fact that we see threads on this very topic so often, I'm sure there would be plenty more happy customers with that small change. That, or just improve product quality.

All that said, my car is AAC'd out, and I love their products. Am I worried that something will stop working randomly? Yes. But thankfully that hasnt yet happenned.

Runin11z 09-16-2012 10:56 PM

With the timeframe of these going bad for the OP I think at the very least AAC would send him a call tag. To compare this to the warranty of a new vehicle is kinda off topic, but consider this if you are stranded in that vehicle they will pay for the tow and provide you with a loaner car...

Had an issue happen with a Ron Davis radiator two months after purchasing and they sent me a call tag for shipping back to AZ.