Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   AAC - Potential Quality Issue. Be AWARE of Warranty Policy (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237815)

rmyers 02-13-2013 07:21 PM

Well here is an update to the saga and I would remind everyone not to get off topic. My OP title says be "Aware" not beware....that said, a few days ago I walked out and started my wife's new vert, again having a set of AAC side markers ordered as the first mod we have done on now 3 Camaros. And again in less than a month I have a marker with bad LED's. I am convinced this is probably a manufacturing problem and if they are made overseas, there may be little that could be done by AAC. After all, if they test the light before they ship it, it would have passed inspection. I however wonder if they have a test wall setup where they put 100 lights and turn them on and off at varying intervals to truly test the quality of the LED's. That would indicate to them if they have a failure rate that is consistent with my experience.

So I am still at a consistent 25% failure rate, as I have had one light fail on all of my orders. My main point is that AAC, should look at my history as a customer and send me a new one, with a credit card deposit.

I have purchased, 3 sets of side markers, all have had 1 unit in the set fail.
I have purchased the concept mirrors, and they had to be returned for poor paint quality.
I have purchased 2 sets of back up lights and both sets had to be returned for scuff marks on the tinted lenses.

I have PM'd Jonathan a couple of days ago and have yet to get a response. At the end of the day, I love the products, but implore the company to really test the quality of the products they sell. I should not have to drive my brand new Camaro around with 1 stock lens while I wait on a replacement.

FINALLYSATISFIED 02-13-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmyers (Post 6157362)
Well here is an update to the saga and I would remind everyone not to get off topic. My OP title says be "Aware" not beware....that said, a few days ago I walked out and started my wife's new vert, again having a set of AAC side markers ordered as the first mod we have done on now 3 Camaros. And again in less than a month I have a marker with bad LED's. I am convinced this is probably a manufacturing problem and if they are made overseas, there may be little that could be done by AAC. After all, if they test the light before they ship it, it would have passed inspection. I however wonder if they have a test wall setup where they put 100 lights and turn them on and off at varying intervals to truly test the quality of the LED's. That would indicate to them if they have a failure rate that is consistent with my experience.

So I am still at a consistent 25% failure rate, as I have had one light fail on all of my orders. My main point is that AAC, should look at my history as a customer and send me a new one, with a credit card deposit.

I have purchased, 3 sets of side markers, all have had 1 unit in the set fail.
I have purchased the concept mirrors, and they had to be returned for poor paint quality.
I have purchased 2 sets of back up lights and both sets had to be returned for scuff marks on the tinted lenses.

I have PM'd Jonathan a couple of days ago and have yet to get a response. At the end of the day, I love the products, but implore the company to really test the quality of the products they sell. I should not have to drive my brand new Camaro around with 1 stock lens while I wait on a replacement.

I agree with you. I'd also recommend that they hire a QA department if they haven't done so already. Its obvious there business is booming and growing. Hopefully they can maintain a level of quality and professionalism as they expand.

Haole 02-13-2013 08:08 PM

I had a sidemarker allow water in it years ago. I also had to pay for return shipping. I wasn't too upset abut that. What I was upset about was the weeks I had to wait for my credit card to be refunded after they received the bad light.
Since then I have sold my sidemarkers and am waiting for my set from Showstoppers to get to me. I have many other AAC products on my camaro and happy with them so far.

mikeSS 02-14-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 5342707)
I didn't ask about when the dealer screwed up. I'm talking about normal warranty work. You bring your car in, they find a TSB, and fix it while you wait. Do they give you gas vouchers when this happens?

no but they give you a rental car if you car is not able to drive.

i get if you have a problem and have to pay for shipping, but happeing multiple times is when a company should say this time the shipping is on us.

TJ91 02-16-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmyers (Post 5299726)
Great looking product but buyer should be aware of warranty repair process. This is the second set of concept side markers i have installed, the first was on my wife's 2010 when it was new, and the 2nd set are on my new ZL1. It was the first mod applied to both cars, which should say something about how I feel about these side markers.

That being said, the for the first order, immediately there was a problem with 4-5 of the LEDs in one of the lights not working, leaving a noticeable gap in the light string. I called AAC and gave them a credit card to put a deposit on the replacement unit, which I totally understood. They needed to be assured they would get the defective one back. The downside to that transaction was it required that I pay shipping on the defective product, and it took weeks for me to get my deposit returned to my card. No worries, I figured it was a one-time situation and I wasn't going to post anything about my experience.

I just got off the phone with customer service for the same problem with one of the side marker lights on my ZL1 and was told I needed to send the unit in for repair and wait for it to be repaired. She did not indicate how long it would take but in fairness to her, I did not ask. I explained that was not how it was done previously but she assured me that was the current policy.

I totally respect the business' right, and in fact necessity, to have a clear warranty replacement/repair policy, and that policy is stated on their website. That being said, given the nature of the cars these products are installed, forcing me to put the stock units back on for a week or more, or worse, rolling around with 3 concept markers and 1 stock, or just not driving the car until I get the repaired unit back, are not good options for me. I would urge AAC to rethink this policy in light of how their products are used and the customer's perspective.
I would also caution everyone that purchases this product, to check them frequently after installation. This is the second set I own, and have experienced the same problem with both sets shortly after installation. For both orders, I am having to pay to ship a defective product back to the manufacturer.

I think these are great looking products but unfortunately from my perspective quality is a concern at this point based upon my own experience.

I installed by afterburners last January. Pulled car out of Storage, had an afterburner lose three leds by June. Because of their BS return policy, I would be out of commision for the car for weeks because I did not have a stock part to replace it with.

I had to wait til this winter storage and i still havnt replaced it because its a fn big job to cut open the taillight and replace the burner.
Oh and shipping from Canada to the state, ueah get real. Honestly regret buying from AAC

Best part. Brought my car to all the car shows with the leds out. Everyone wanted them, I made them look at the burnt out leds, told them the BS return policy, then explained how you have to cut open lights. They all said f it

TJ91 02-16-2013 02:51 AM

Wow are you guys blind to the failure rate of their products?

2011 RJT 02-16-2013 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 5574707)
If you need to return something to Home Depot do you not have to drive to Home Depot to return it? So you waste gas driving there but the $3 or $4 in return shipping you complain about? I guess I'll just never understand it.

True, but you have it in the same day. Or your money back the same day. Not weeks later.

DuskSS 02-18-2013 11:42 AM

glad i deal with Phastek and AAC locally and don't have to worry about that stuff.
drive in and they replace unless it was a special order ( like painted)

68/2010 02-18-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed (Post 5302434)
OP, hit up Jonathan at AAC.

He's a great guy, stands up for their products, and has been known to be an even better supporter of our Camaro community than anywhere else.

I'm sure in your case, he'd be more than willing to try to help you directly.

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about your experiences.
Ivan

Totally agree with that!!! Has helped me put before too

BDH 02-18-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed (Post 5302434)
OP, hit up Jonathan at AAC.

He's a great guy, stands up for their products, and has been known to be an even better supporter of our Camaro community than anywhere else.

I'm sure in your case, he'd be more than willing to try to help you directly.

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about your experiences.
Ivan

Ivan...No disrespect or trying to be a jerk, but if I purchased a defective item from you (meaning it never worked properly from the day it left your shop), and I had to return it 3 times, would you reimburse me for the shipping from California? Thanks.