Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How to express to GM interest for high wing spoiler? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11831)

Bruiser 01-16-2009 12:03 PM

How to express to GM interest for high wing spoiler?

about geting a high wing spoiler for my car? I have ordered a Inferno Orange Mettalic SS/RS with Cyber-Gray stripes and the ground effects. I want a high-wing spoiler in Cyber-Gray for the car. It would go great with the dark-argent ground effects and the dark gray RS wheels. How can i make my opinion known to GM?

Thanks,
-Bob George

2010 SS 01-16-2009 12:23 PM

I was under the impression it was available as an accessory?

IMO, it doesn't fit the style of the car. I don't see any real world functionality to it either.

rolnslo 01-16-2009 12:35 PM

It would be easier to add it to your order now - High Wing Spoiler (RPO Code 5V5). When your car comes in, have the dealer pull the spoiler off and send to the body shop for a new coat of Cyber Gray and then re-install it before delivery.

Louie L. 01-16-2009 12:50 PM

It took me a while to like the 91-92 wing on the 3rd gens,but I really do like them,same will happen with Gen 5,done with taste,it should look good...

CamaroSSforme 01-16-2009 01:00 PM

:barf:

Hylton 01-16-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolnslo (Post 250417)
It would be easier to add it to your order now - High Wing Spoiler (RPO Code 5V5). When your car comes in, have the dealer pull the spoiler off and send to the body shop for a new coat of Cyber Gray and then re-install it before delivery.

He won't have to pull it off the car because it won't be on it. The car will have the SS spoiler on it so might as well pull the whole car into the body shop because as it stands now, he will need to remove the SS spoiler, get the holes in the trunk filled and get the trunk lid repainted as well as the high wing spoiler.

rolnslo 01-16-2009 02:05 PM

Hmm, maybe you are right Hylton.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyCamaro (Post 148096)
This is JohnnyCamaro AKA John Cox from GM Accessories. I want to clear up some confusion. ...

As for the High Wing Spoiler, it is available as an LPO at launch with an RPO code. The Spoiler will not work with vehicles that have a lip spoiler from the factory as the mounting points are different. Therefore if one would want this spoiler with a vehicle that already has the lip spoiler, they would have to buy a new decklid and then have the Wing Spoiler installed on the new decklid.

I hope all this info helps and good luck ordering....

So, really, the high wing spoiler is intended for use with the LS and non-RS LT trim levels only. At least until GM comes to their senses and adds a spoiler delete order option.

Hylton 01-16-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolnslo (Post 250550)
Hmm, maybe you are right Hylton.

So, really, the high wing spoiler is intended for use with the LS and non-RS LT trim levels only. At least until GM comes to their senses and adds a spoiler delete order option.

Unfortunately, that looks like the case. The last IDL did mention that they are considering a spoiler delete option. I would think that most of the guys who are buying the High Wing are SS or RS buyers. :iono:

Never2LowChevy 01-16-2009 02:20 PM

I also ordered an IOM SS with the ground effects and I think the high wing spoiler looks mean when included with the ground effects. GM would be smart to offer the spoiler delete option because some may want no spoiler at all with an SS. But what do we know, we are just the ones buying the cars, right?

EllwynX 01-16-2009 05:35 PM

I like the High Wing Spoiler. Much more than the Dove Tail one. And I originally wanted the HW Spoiler until I saw a side profile pic of the Camaro with the GFX and the SS spoiler. I liked that combo even better than the GFX & HW spoiler.

Matrix 01-16-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSSforme (Post 250446)
:barf:

+1:yikes:

CamaroSpike23 01-16-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

How to express to GM interest for high wing spoiler?

http://forums.bigfunonthebayou.com/e...img/Y/puke.jpg

JMHO. lol

TaylorRyanSS 01-17-2009 01:01 AM

^ that picture makes me want to barf

I am getting a black high wing spoiler to match my stripes :D

Milk 1027 01-17-2009 01:05 AM

Too much rice for me.