Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Subframe bushings (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114221)

RobRiot88 11-04-2010 11:48 PM

Subframe bushings

so i have bad wheelhop and that is going to be a big problem with my new upgrades. i want to do the stiffer subframe bushings. i hear that will lock up the rear end pretty good. but pfadt is sooo expensive for that lil piece. who else makes a reliable bushing at a affordable price?

blazzin1 11-05-2010 06:41 AM

Take a look at BMR or Pedders, their bushings aren't solid aluminum like Pfadt's, but still
More than capable of getting the job done!

danhr 11-05-2010 06:54 AM

I like bmr's full replacements (not the add on's).

Well i like them on paper.... I haven't bought any yet.

Pfadt is really pricey (but you get what you pay for)

I am not a fan of the ones that just go on top of the factory mounts (seems like you are just putting a bandaid on the problem with that theory)

bmr's design is fairly simple (which I like... simple is a good thing).

Whenever I get subframe bushings, I am going with those.... they aren't as expensive as the pfadt ones, but a lot more effective than the add ons.

Unless, by some act of god, pfadt sponsors me and gives me a sweet deal on theirs. lol.

lexlueger 11-05-2010 07:25 AM

You will need replacement trailing arms for your wheel hop issue. I have BMR's pro bushing kit and love it.

BMR Sales 11-05-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobRiot88 (Post 2517222)
so i have bad wheelhop and that is going to be a big problem with my new upgrades. i want to do the stiffer subframe bushings. i hear that will lock up the rear end pretty good. but pfadt is sooo expensive for that lil piece. who else makes a reliable bushing at a affordable price?

Our BMR subframe bushing (BK024) will definitely help with the wheel hop and they are always in stock and are quite inexpensive compared to our competition. I would also look at the BMR differential bushings (BK029), BMR trailing arms (TCA026), and BMR toe rods (TR002) which will all help out with the wheel hop and solidify the rear of your car. If you are interested in a set give me a call and I can get you taken care of.

BMR Sales 11-05-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danhr (Post 2517551)
I like bmr's full replacements (not the add on's).

Well i like them on paper.... I haven't bought any yet.

Pfadt is really pricey (but you get what you pay for)

I am not a fan of the ones that just go on top of the factory mounts (seems like you are just putting a bandaid on the problem with that theory)

bmr's design is fairly simple (which I like... simple is a good thing).

Whenever I get subframe bushings, I am going with those.... they aren't as expensive as the pfadt ones, but a lot more effective than the add ons.

Unless, by some act of god, pfadt sponsors me and gives me a sweet deal on theirs. lol.

Call me when you are ready for a set and I will take care of you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexlueger (Post 2517591)
You will need replacement trailing arms for your wheel hop issue. I have BMR's pro bushing kit and love it.

Glad to here you are enjoying our parts, the bushings make a huge difference.

RobRiot88 11-05-2010 12:23 PM

hmm...id definitly do the bushing kit. im not quite ready for trailing arms and toe rods and wutnot tho.

BMR Sales 11-05-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobRiot88 (Post 2518465)
hmm...id definitly do the bushing kit. im not quite ready for trailing arms and toe rods and wutnot tho.

When you are ready give me a call or shoot me an e-mail and I will get you set up with what you are looking for.

jamesc1123 11-05-2010 07:05 PM

why not ready for trailing arms and toe rods? Much easier install.

RobRiot88 11-06-2010 08:25 AM

Looking for most bang for my Buck. Most of my cash is going to other parts for the car

Berean 11-06-2010 11:39 AM

Pedders has a good set if bushing inserts to tighten it up without replacing them. That is definitely the most bang for the buck.

I had it done as part of their coilover street package.

d69chris 11-06-2010 11:43 AM

Considering the Pfadt subframe and the diff bushings to tighten it up in back.

kingbambino22 11-06-2010 01:10 PM

I have Pedders bushings on my SS. Can't go wrong with whichever one's you get. My car rides and handles waaayyy better than stock with Pedders Justice package minus his rear sway bar

BMR Sales 11-09-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobRiot88 (Post 2521222)
Looking for most bang for my Buck. Most of my cash is going to other parts for the car

Check price and availability of the parts to get the most bang for your buck. I can tell you that you will be hard pressed to find another companiy's products with the quality and the availability of ours that is as inexpensive as our BMR products.