Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   I Need Help Choosing!? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227481)

Hammer St. James 05-31-2012 10:40 AM

First thing; some sealant/wax, quality microfiber towels, 2 buckets, uv protectant, floor mats, and a Louisville Slugger.

PalmerGA 05-31-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colingordon (Post 5048486)
I agree I plan on keeping this for a long time also and maybe passing it down or something like that. Thank you for telling me about the catch can I am going to look into that. But pretty much my goal is mainly performance with style. I want new rims and Oracle headlights and some tint and maybe some vinyl stripes but that all together will be about $550.00 (without the rims), so I just need to see what performance parts I want first probably a CAI Air Intake, catch can (Thanks you you :bow:)
and a exhaust at first. Then I will see what I have left over and save up for the next item I want

Check out the Catch Can thread, if you haven't already. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224810

Ocikat 05-31-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer St. James (Post 5049201)
First thing; some sealant/wax, quality microfiber towels, 2 buckets, uv protectant, floor mats, and a Louisville Slugger.

:word:,........ I'd invest in products to keep your new Camaro well taken care of first. Take your time on choosing what you want for the rest of your mods, There are a lot of good products available for the 5th gen Camaros and some, not so much, have a plan on what you want to accomplish and spend your dollars wisely.

Congrats on your new Camaro :happyanim:

MediumLabowski 05-31-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010camarolt (Post 5048899)
wheels

:word:

If you cant get 2k again for a while, you'll regret not getting wheels. Everything else is a couple hundred here, a few hundred there.

Dont get wheels and come see me in 2 months, so i can say "i told you so"

GaBoy25 05-31-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria (Post 5047816)
There is also no Vararam intake for the LFX engine, nor is there a plenum spacer available.

John B.

Should have read closer. :sm0:

entire foot in mouth and I exit:yikes:

NoSyT 05-31-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colingordon (Post 5047547)
I am getting a 2012 2LS

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 5048438)
I'm thinking it really depends on what your reason for making mods is. For instance, I love the looks of my 1LT/RS so I'm not spending $$$ on asthetics.

The sound needs some help and I'd like to get max MPGs, so I've ordered MRT-V2 Axleback exhaust and CAI Cold Air Induction. Both are said to increase HP and MPG.

My other concern is keeping my inner engine clean and efficient so, I have ordered an RX Catch Can as well.

So as I said, I think YOU have to pick your priorities once you've put a few miles on it. If I could make only one mod, I'd probably choose the Catch Can. I know the engines are designed to function just fine without it, but I plan on having this car a lonnnnnnnng time. Dirty engine = not good.

Great advice from Palmer here. Set your priorities and go from there. My 1st priority was to get rid of the weak OEM exhaust. I got the MRT V2 exhaust, a CAI Inc Cold Air kit, and the RX catch can to take care of the internals. I've got pics in my garage if you want to check them out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by awfarley (Post 5048835)
In this order:

Get Ashen Gray Metallic ;)

More good advice! :thumbup:

PalmerGA 06-01-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSyT (Post 5052018)
Great advice from Palmer here. Set your priorities and go from there. My 1st priority was to get rid of the weak OEM exhaust. I got the MRT V2 exhaust, a CAI Inc Cold Air kit, and the RX catch can to take care of the internals. I've got pics in my garage if you want to check them out.

Exactly my mods, in the same order. Great minds think alike (I hope). Just finished with the MRT-V2. Awaiting arrival of CAI and Catch Can.

NoSyT 06-01-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 5057231)
Exactly my mods, in the same order. Great minds think alike (I hope). Just finished with the MRT-V2. Awaiting arrival of CAI and Catch Can.

The CAI will change the sound under your hood as much as the MRT V2 exhaust changed the sound out the back. Gret ready for more permagrin!

:emoticon11:

brandonrr 06-02-2012 05:13 AM

are you set on getting the 2LS? the lower diff ratio will make the car slower on acceleration and the automatic transmission will reduce your power output at the wheels even further.

if you aren't completely determined to get an automatic, maybe you should consider getting the 1LS. the higher diff ratio and more efficient transmission will help the car feel and run faster. having a stick-shift will also allow you to enjoy your mods even more.

also, i still haven't seen any confirmation as to whether the 2012 V6 camaros have a flash counter, but if they don't or you aren't too concerned about the powertrain warranty, a tune will also give a nice little power boost, especially if you get the 2LS. on the automatic, the tune also optimizes the transmission to give the car a much sportier feel and better/faster shifting and better shift-points. that will make a big difference, since the automatics like to keep the RPMs a bit too low and the tune fixes the car from shifting into too high of a gear too soon. i can only imagine that effect would be worse on the 2LS, due to the lower diff ratio.

PalmerGA 06-02-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSyT (Post 5058793)
The CAI will change the sound under your hood as much as the MRT V2 exhaust changed the sound out the back. Get ready for more permagrin!

:emoticon11:

Excellent! :D

Omaha 06-12-2012 09:55 PM

Clear bra. Great investment.

colingordon 06-12-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 5117009)
Clear bra. Great investment.

what exactly is a clear bra? I have a idea but I am not sure

Omaha 06-13-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colingordon (Post 5117347)
what exactly is a clear bra? I have a idea but I am not sure

It's a clear film that can be fitted over the front bumper and hood. It prevents road chips and bug debris from damaging the paint on the front end of your car. I have it on my Camaro and it's a really good investment if you want to keep the front from getting messed up from debris on the road. Do a search for 3M clear bra.

mdiaz0618 06-13-2012 09:33 AM

I got my 1ls in Feburary, and first thing i did was get rims, then i got tint, intake, now im searching for a good sounding cat-back exhaust. Clear bra is a good option too.