Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Dust. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33201)

MB2010CC 07-19-2009 10:17 AM

Dust.

What do you guys like to do for the dust that gathers in between washes? I heard that the California Car Duster leaves scratches so what are the other options. Thanks.

patriotpa 07-19-2009 11:27 AM

Dragging abrasive dust/grit across your paint can scratch it. no matter how lightly you do it. If it's dusty, I wash it.

LSP2010 07-19-2009 11:35 AM

i have a black 2SS everytime i wash it
the next day it looks like it havent been wash
it gets on my nerves but i still love her

SSOOCH 07-19-2009 11:53 AM

California Car Duster's work great. When I saw a guy wiping down his Enzo with one at a Car Show...that's good enough for me. Or you could just move to outer space where there is no dust....

MB2010CC 07-19-2009 01:39 PM

Haha If I moved to outer space then nobody would see me driving me new car! So that option is out. Guess ill be washing her a lot then. Thanks again.

BackinBlackSS/RS 07-19-2009 01:44 PM

I've used the California duster for years!! It works great. Just be sure to shake it out before use just in case something is caught in it. After I use it I hit it with some
Zaino Z6 and she's looking amazing!!!!!

BrianGriffin78 07-19-2009 10:03 PM

Before you polish your car with any kind of detailer spray at least rinse it first and then while the car is drying apply detailer spray. You will get a shiney dust free finish. I also recommend a California Duster for a quick fix. But it won't get out smudge marks and dirt and grit though.

SleepWarz 07-20-2009 02:00 AM

Compressed air imo. Our cars out here get covered in pollen. Just covered, starts turning the black newyorker yellow green.

TAG UR IT 07-20-2009 02:09 AM

Just wipe it down with a microfiber towel after spraying it down with a little detail spray. That's the best way to keep it clean. That California duster picks up dust and simply spreads it out over the rest of your car. I know...I have two. The fist one got too dirty too quickly...I bought a larger one....just picks it up and tosses it all over. Spray works the best w/ micro.

MrGazinya 07-20-2009 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 698072)
I've used the California duster for years!! It works great. Just be sure to shake it out before use just in case something is caught in it. After I use it I hit it with some
Zaino Z6 and she's looking amazing!!!!!

+1

RobertHarriSS 07-20-2009 06:50 AM

You guys might laugh at this, but I have used a swiffer 360. It's supper soft and attracts dust. Just get a new pad, fluff it up and gently glide it across the surface of your paint. Better than a California duster because you use a new clean pad every time.

TheNetGarage 07-20-2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertHarriSS (Post 700275)
You guys might laugh at this, but I have used a swiffer 360. It's supper soft and attracts dust. Just get a new pad, fluff it up and gently glide it across the surface of your paint. Better than a California duster because you use a new clean pad every time.

Good Idea, for those who have no access to compressed air. I use compressed air, and then a microfiber with detail spray!:thumbsup:

Bbrock25 07-20-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 700015)
Just wipe it down with a microfiber towel after spraying it down with a little detail spray. That's the best way to keep it clean. That California duster picks up dust and simply spreads it out over the rest of your car. I know...I have two. The fist one got too dirty too quickly...I bought a larger one....just picks it up and tosses it all over. Spray works the best w/ micro.

And it doesn't scratch anything? I'd think it would, but I've never tried it for that reason lol.

Moose 07-20-2009 09:57 AM

I bought my first Cal. Duster a month ago, and used it once. It seems to work OK for me.

When I attend car shows, I prefer a good quality, soft cotton, detailing towel and some Zaino Z6. :thumbsup:

The SS is washed prior to the show, so the only dust is what is accumulated in driving to the show.

Be careful when using detailing sprays as, if the car is too dirty, you can actually do more harm than good.