Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Manual transmissions breaking? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28775)

zekefreak 06-22-2009 11:51 AM

Manual transmissions breaking?

There are rumors going around that the manual trannies were breaking and GM has halted the production of manual cars until a fix is done. Anyone hear anything about this or is it a competitor's assumption?

JPAYORK 06-22-2009 11:53 AM

I hope that this is JUST another rumor, I'm still waiting for my manual 2SS damnit!

montej23 06-22-2009 11:53 AM

I havent heard or read anything on this i sure hope its not true

Legend 06-22-2009 11:55 AM

There have been many Camaros hitting the strip of late not to mention the modified ones running the strip too...not heard of any problems?

duder4thgen 06-22-2009 11:56 AM

This is the same manual that powers the ls3 in the vette, the ls3 in the g8 gxp, the ls7 in the z06, the ls9 in the zr1. It is a tremec t6060.

A t56 can easily take ~380 to the wheels without breaking. I'd pass a brick through my colon if there were any validity to this rumor. There is no logical way the manuals are just 'breaking'.

I think this thread needs to go away until there is a reliable source of information to back it up, before people start freaking out.

nards444 06-22-2009 12:02 PM

another company throwing a rumor out there.

trm0002 06-22-2009 12:06 PM

It's really not a rumor but it wasn't happening to "ordered" cars either. There WAS an issue with the V6 manual. That's why it was under constraint for so long. The issues were addressed and V6 manual cars are now being built and delivered; simple as that.

Ltdodge 06-22-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duder4thgen (Post 608756)
This is the same manual that powers the ls3 in the vette, the ls3 in the g8 gxp, the ls7 in the z06, the ls9 in the zr1. It is a tremec t6060.

A t56 can easily take ~380 to the wheels without breaking. I'd pass a brick through my colon if there were any validity to this rumor. There is no logical way the manuals are just 'breaking'.

I think this thread needs to go away until there is a reliable source of information to back it up, before people start freaking out.

I think the tremec t6060 is also in the Dodge viper with the 600 hp

SicSix6 06-22-2009 12:10 PM

If that was true, I have no doubt in my mind that this would be the first and possibly the only source of that info. What source do you have about this? Competitors assumptions????

tom692010 06-22-2009 12:13 PM

Mines felt fine and shifted very nicely.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 06-22-2009 12:51 PM

A new rumor, Stop with the rumors if it is not a problem that you have do not start a Rumor Thread.

MR. FBDY 06-22-2009 12:57 PM

It was just a rumor started on a 2nd generation camaro board and the person who posted the message was very vague in his post. He was probably referring to the V6 manual problems and that is old news.

Primus 06-22-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trm0002 (Post 608778)
It's really not a rumor but it wasn't happening to "ordered" cars either. There WAS an issue with the V6 manual. That's why it was under constraint for so long. The issues were addressed and V6 manual cars are now being built and delivered; simple as that.

The V6 M6 was never on constraint. It was delayed a lot but never actually listed on the constraint report. Yes, the V6 was but there was never anything on there about the manual transmission.

Mayhem 06-22-2009 01:17 PM

There are rumors that Santa is going to fly a sleigh over the entire world and give us all presents in december !!!!

There are also rumors that sarah kissed tina in the girls locker room in grade 11.

There are rumors that Angelina Jolie is an alien and that "it" has been sent to earth to adopt 2,020 children around the world who are really "the chosen babies of the planet adolf khan who were reborn on this planet to fulfill a prophecy and take over the world. She will do this by the year 2020 and all of them have to have 20/20 vision, she will then use her influence over the media to hypnotize all of us with her alien voodoo magic and most of us will be enslaved and forced to make cheap Japanese compact sedans that run on 2 cylinders and run on a special new fuel that is completely green and friendly, instead of emitting CO2 and running on gas, they are actually powered by appologies.. So we'll be forced to make amends with the planet by appologizing to fill up our "fuel tanks" and then the cars emit atmopsheric bandaids which will fix all the damage we have done over the years. The rest of us will be turned into smurfs. (Green smurfs) because that is truly the only way to force us into world peace without making everyone either a homosexual or an Australian.

There are rumors that the z28 will be released in hot pink only, with inferno orange polka dots and a RUBY red SUPER duper high wing spoiler. They will all be released with the nastiest fart cans ever imagined and they will ALL be automatic. It will be a joint effort with Honda. (Rumor has it Honda will take over GM and that most of the funding actually came from Japan not USA, and secretly the share holders that hold a majority are all members of the Yakuza which plans to spread it's influence in the land of the free.)
The new z28 is rumored to have been scheduled also as part of the planned alien invasion and will also have the new engine powered by appologies. This new Engine "R2D2" will be made by portugese eskimo's, japanese sumo's, canadian mounties who have all been converted into green smurfs, only speak chinese and will be given Helium injections through an IV in order to reduce the potency of the laughs fueling the r2d2 motor. This will in the long run have our cherished z28's running 1/10th as fast as the godly Prius !!! YESSSSS

There are rumors that some of you are spreading silly rumors without any hard evidence.

BTW, did you hear that Elvis, the ogopogo, bigfoot, tupac shakur and osama bin laden have already undergone the "green smurf" conversion and that they are all hanging out in area 51 (which is actually in Japan) and that "51" actually represents the number of laugh types that have been deemed acceptable by the aliens from planet adolf khan. They are rehearsing for the take over and probably watching oprah winfrey re-runs. She is rumored to be the real alien leader rather than angelina... who is just the right hand man.

Thank you for reading Mayhem News,

The most reliable source on the interweb. Remember, you read it here first!

Tune in next week to find out how Michael Jackson and Cher are related, and how Britney spears and Tom Cruise have joined them with tom cruise leading of course in an effort to spread scientology to Japan before the takeover to hopefully win favor with the higher-up's so that they might be able to convince them to save the Prius.