Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Solid subframe bushings or toe/trailings? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332959)

Dexman1349 12-16-2013 08:58 PM

Solid subframe bushings or toe/trailings?

If you had to choose between a solid subframe bushing (ADM or Pfadt), or upgraded toe rod & trailing arms, which would you pick?

Application:
2010 2SS/RS M6 - daily driver

See signature for mods list (coming soon items expected within next 3 months)

ssmike 12-16-2013 09:10 PM

Start with the solid subframe bushings first! They are the foundation of the entire IRS! Actually, if you can swing it financially, do everything all at once! You'll have to lower the cradle to do the driver's side toe link so might as well do it when you have the cradle down for the bushings! Also, when you do the trailing arms make sure you replace the outer bushings if the don't come with the arms.

blazzin1 12-16-2013 09:18 PM

100% agree with everything Mike said!!!! Good Advice!!!

Lil' Nasty 12-16-2013 09:22 PM

I agree^ Solid Subframe bushings first.

Dexman1349 12-16-2013 10:03 PM

I just wasn't sure if the step from inserts to solid was as good as the upgrade on the toe rods/trailing arms (with outer bushing).

Lil' Nasty 12-17-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexman1349 (Post 7266024)
I just wasn't sure if the step from inserts to solid was as good as the upgrade on the toe rods/trailing arms (with outer bushing).

Well inserts are better than just then the factory bushings (obviously)

But if you can swing it, full replacement solid bushings are the way to go. Cradle has to come down anyways :) but thats jmo.

Went with the LSR toe links, trailing arms and they have definitely improved the handling, I also need to get some outer bushings.

ssmike 12-17-2013 06:33 AM

I had inserts but didn't feel much improvement till I went with the full bushings!

Bo White 12-17-2013 06:39 AM

You have to drop the cradle a little bit to get the toe rod bolts out anyway. Do it all.

JDP Sales 12-17-2013 12:45 PM

It is best to do them both at once to avoid doing things twice. I also recommend doing the Upper control arm bushings while you are doing the subframe bushings.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Snidely Whiplash 08-07-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty (Post 7266202)
Well inserts are better than just then the factory bushings (obviously)

But if you can swing it, full replacement solid bushings are the way to go. Cradle has to come down anyways :) but thats jmo.

Went with the LSR toe links, trailing arms and they have definitely improved the handling, I also need to get some outer bushings.

I did both bushings with my BMR trailing arms.

You WILL notice that poly outer bushing the first time you drive it. It gives "feedback" on road condition and things out back don't move around as much.

Apex Motorsports 08-07-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssmike (Post 7265906)
Start with the solid subframe bushings first! They are the foundation of the entire IRS! Actually, if you can swing it financially, do everything all at once! You'll have to lower the cradle to do the driver's side toe link so might as well do it when you have the cradle down for the bushings! Also, when you do the trailing arms make sure you replace the outer bushings if the don't come with the arms.

Exactly.