Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Chassis / Brakes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   R1 Concepts Premium Rotors and Pads - limited time member discount/ groupbuy! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85432)

r1concepts 03-17-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 (Post 2974079)
Aren't these directional? How are the slots on DarkneSS and RockingtheblueSS's car different? See on Darkness' car the top of the slot is facing in the direction of rotation and in Rockin's car the bottom of the slot is pointed in the direction of rotation.

A google search of "slotted rotor direction" agrees with the way Darkness has them. What's the deal on this before I go install mine.

Edit: I think I found a site that might explain it. It says that if the internal cooling vanes are radial or straight, then it doesn't matter which way the slots go. Maybe that's the case here??

Yup,

The Premium rotors on the 2010 Camaros are Straight Pillar Vane construction. So technically does not matter which direction you are going to put it in. The disc surface is also double disc grind-ed so that is also non directional for better pad contact.

CamaroDreams07 03-26-2011 12:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the awesome rotors. Looks great on my car, can't wait til they break in so I can really try the new bigger brakes out.
Attachment 220439

Attachment 220440

VEESIKS 03-26-2011 01:35 AM

Are these lighter than the factory rotors?

topgun1 03-27-2011 03:39 PM

PM sent, interested in a set of 4 slotted and cross-drilled!

hypurone 03-28-2011 10:17 AM

Does anybody have more than 2-3k miles on these yet? I ask because I had these on another car (which weighed 1000lbs less) and they warped right about then... :mad0260:

And because they are drilled/slotted you can't resurface them so they are pretty much junk if this happens. You can PM me if you prefer....

Rockin the BlueSS 03-28-2011 10:40 AM

i have at least that much and no problems here... havent done any on track stuff, but i don't baby my car. ive done a lot of hard stops from 80-0 when the fwy stops and i haven't had any problems with these rotors.

orange-prince 03-28-2011 12:26 PM

can you please check your PM

r1concepts 03-28-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypurone (Post 3019891)
Does anybody have more than 2-3k miles on these yet? I ask because I had these on another car (which weighed 1000lbs less) and they warped right about then... :mad0260:

And because they are drilled/slotted you can't resurface them so they are pretty much junk if this happens. You can PM me if you prefer....

If you are doing any type of racing, do not expect any rotors to last as long as they would if it was driven just for commuting. However, if your rotors warped with the year, we do offer a one year warranty on warping and cracking due to manufacturer defects and workmanship.

You can turn drilled and slotted rotors, or slotted only rotors. You can turn them one time.

Thanks
Steven

topgun1 03-28-2011 12:48 PM

Steven, PM's sent.

hypurone 03-28-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r1concepts (Post 3020619)
If you are doing any type of racing, do not expect any rotors to last as long as they would if it was driven just for commuting. However, if your rotors warped with the year, we do offer a one year warranty on warping and cracking due to manufacturer defects and workmanship.

You can turn drilled and slotted rotors, or slotted only rotors. You can turn them one time.

Thanks
Steven

No racing involved, only spirited street driving...

Resurfacing only holds true if you can get them trued up before the chamfer is gone on the drilled holes (otherwise they are noisy as hell and will eat your pads alive!). PLUS, most places won't even touch a drilled rotor as it ruins the bits on the machine (no matter how careful you are, been there done that) and they really don't want to deal with anything "custom"...

Just my past experiences. For the price these sound great as long as they can stand up to a 3900lb car and its' abuses...

r1concepts 03-28-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypurone (Post 3020914)
No racing involved, only spirited street driving...

Resurfacing only holds true if you can get them trued up before the chamfer is gone on the drilled holes (otherwise they are noisy as hell and will eat your pads alive!). PLUS, most places won't even touch a drilled rotor as it ruins the bits on the machine (no matter how careful you are, been there done that) and they really don't want to deal with anything "custom"...

Just my past experiences. For the price these sound great as long as they can stand up to a 3900lb car and its' abuses...

Well of course if you plan to turn rotors, it would have to stay within the minimum thickness which is way above the counter-sink hole. Not sure if you order premium series rotors or my E-line series rotors (we have three different series). However, PM sent, thanks.

topgun1 03-28-2011 07:58 PM

Steven, do the R1 rotors have any zinc coating to help prevent corrosion?

r1concepts 03-28-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topgun1 (Post 3022477)
Steven, do the R1 rotors have any zinc coating to help prevent corrosion?

Only on the E-line series rotors. On the Premium series, we have the E-Coat Rust protection coating on the center hub, inner vane structures and outer rim of rotor only.

thanks
Steven

topgun1 03-28-2011 08:44 PM

that's perfect, that's the problem areas.