Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Sea Foam / Supercharger .... ??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145039)

PQ 05-03-2011 01:10 PM

Sea Foam / Supercharger .... ???

I have a TVS2300 Magnacharger and I called Magnuson to ask if I could run seafoam through the system.

I got a resounding NO.

He said DO NOT DO THAT.

So I asked him if he thought it would be ok to run it through the gas tank and oil at least. He said the oil may be fine but he wouldn't run it through the gas either. He told me if I did then just don't run any real boost through it.

But running it through the blower it's self he said was a big no no. The coating and efficiency and lube and yada yada yada.

So what do you guys think? Make sense at all? Is it safe to run fuel injector cleaner through? Seafoam in the oil?

Two vids. One is from cold start. It idles good for a bit then starts to miss. The other is after it's been warmed up. It misses right away.

CamaroSpike23 05-03-2011 01:18 PM

DONT DO THE MANIFOLD PORTION OF THE SEAFOAM WITH THE BLOWER!!!!

CamaroSpike23 05-03-2011 01:18 PM

thru the gas tank and the oil is fine the fuel doesnt come in contact with the rotors, so that wont be an issue

PQ 05-03-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 3175444)
DONT DO THE MANIFOLD PORTION OF THE SEAFOAM WITH THE BLOWER!!!!

:bellyroll:

Ok.

This was a developement after we got off the phone yesterday. lol

CamaroSpike23 05-03-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3175459)
:bellyroll:

Ok.

This was a developement after we got off the phone yesterday. lol

shouldnt have gotten off the phone then....:laugh:

Tallboy 05-03-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 3175446)
thru the gas tank and the oil is fine the fuel doesnt come in contact with the rotors, so that wont be an issue

Correct answer.

PQ 05-03-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 3175464)
shouldnt have gotten off the phone then....:laugh:

:word:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallboy (Post 3175466)
Correct answer.

Well, he just said he worried about the octane level with seafoam and boost. He said I'd probably be fine, which i figured, but he didn't want to be on record telling me it was ok. lol

Tallboy 05-03-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3175473)

Well, he just said he worried about the octane level with seafoam and boost. He said I'd probably be fine, which i figured, but he didn't want to be on record telling me it was ok. lol

When I had my Marauder [Eaton blower] my tuner told me basically the same thing. I used the sea-foam in the gas tank [I was given a couple bottles from a buddy who sold his Mustang]. I really can't say if it helped, I didn't notice any difference...

PQ 05-03-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallboy (Post 3175488)
When I had my Marauder [Eaton blower] my tuner told me basically the same thing. I used the sea-foam in the gas tank [I was given a couple bottles from a buddy who sold his Mustang]. I really can't say if it helped, I didn't notice any difference...

I have a surge, or miss, or hesitation I'm trying to chase down. I've changed the plugs, tested the wires and just don't think a coil would cause an intermitent problem like this. So just for another check, I wanted to Sea Foam it. Mainly the injectors. So I can still do that I suppose. But I still don't have a catch can so I was wanting to do that as well. I will be ordering a catch can soon.

CamaroSpike23 05-03-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3175473)

no worries with the octane level. if anything, it will bump it up by about 1/2 a point.

CamaroSpike23 05-03-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3175513)
I have a surge, or miss, or hesitation I'm trying to chase down. I've changed the plugs, tested the wires and just don't think a coil would cause an intermitent problem like this. So just for another check, I wanted to Sea Foam it. Mainly the injectors. So I can still do that I suppose. But I still don't have a catch can so I was wanting to do that as well. I will be ordering a catch can soon.

you still had the miss after replacing that spark plug?

did you swap the wires as well?

zebra 05-03-2011 01:42 PM

and move the coil to another cylinder. if the problem follows the coil - there's your culprit

PQ 05-03-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 3175521)
you still had the miss after replacing that spark plug?

did you swap the wires as well?

No didn't swap the wires. But I just don't think a wire is the problem. In my experience, the wire is either good or it isn't. My hesitation is just not that big.

The one plug that was bad had me freaking out yesterday. It was just not firing so my scanner told me that cylinder 6 is misfiring. So I swapped the plug with cylinder 1 and cleared the code and then it said cylinder 1 is misfiring. So I went and got another TR6 and it's back to normal.

Normal meaning I had a mis that doesn't show on the scanner.

I'll take a vid so you can see the miss.
Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 3175536)
and move the coil to another cylinder. if the problem follows the coil - there's your culprit

Problam is it isn't registering. So there's no way to know which cylinder.

The bad plug I put in was easy to find that way. But the miss I'm trying to fix is too small.

CamaroSpike23 05-03-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 3175539)
No didn't swap the wires. But I just don't think a wire is the problem. In my experience, the wire is either good or it isn't. My hesitation is just not that big.

The one plug that was bad had me freaking out yesterday. It was just not firing so my scanner told me that cylinder 6 is misfiring. So I swapped the plug with cylinder 1 and cleared the code and then it said cylinder 1 is misfiring. So I went and got another TR6 and it's back to normal.

Normal meaning I had a mis that doesn't show on the scanner.

I'll take a vid so you can see the miss.
Problam is it isn't registering. So there's no way to know which cylinder.

The bad plug I put in was easy to find that way. But the miss I'm trying to fix is too small.

so you are hearing a miss that isnt showing. does the scanner let you see any knock retard or spark advance?

go warm the car up and video tape it idling for me. send it to my phone or youtube it. just dont get too close to the exhaust and ruin the sound quality. :thumbsup:

then you are going to move across the street from me. :cool: