Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Terrible test drive (the dealer, not the car) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106103)

FC_GIBB 09-16-2010 11:12 AM

buy a new 5.0 stang and drive up in it and tell him to piss off

SirBrad 09-16-2010 11:27 AM

Screw him. Buy it somewhere else and then go back to his lot and do a burnout in the parking lot when he's out there trying to make a sell to another customer.

jrc1122 09-16-2010 11:31 AM

Yep, there is a reason, that I have yet to buy a car in Abilene TX (where I live)

Because of the dealerships. Some dealerships think you should buy from them just because they are more conveniently located.

I drove to Anson TX (about 30 miles away) to buy My Pontiac G8 GT (Anson is a much smaller town)

I drove to Shreveport LA (5 1/2 hrs away)to buy my Hummer H3T (but was eyeballing a used H3 in town here)-- But the local dealership was extra pushy.

I drove to DFW to buy my wifes Ford Edge (because the dealership here said "I just can't see how they are selling that car for that cheap". I said "well they are,, and they said go pick it up then" .... He thought I was bluffing about the deal they offered.

Finally I bought my (used) Mustang GT in DFW, because that same Ford Dealership wouldn't give me a good solid number on the 2010 left overs, without doing a credit app first. Not to mention they were charging sticker for 2011s (which was alittle out of my budget)

What is my point..... Some dealerships are just not worthy of business. And that includes nearly all the dealerships in Abilene TX.

The_Blur 09-16-2010 11:42 AM

Your dealer is an idiot. Based on the information you provided, it is clear that your dealer has trauma issues with acceleration past 25 mph. This could have been caused by inappropriate exposure to high-speeds, a serious accident, or the more likely probability that your dealer's youth was spent adapting to the slow pace of grandparents behind the wheel. When next you see this dealer, ask if they spent their childhood in the backseat behind grandma or grandpa.
:idiot:

raqball 09-16-2010 11:52 AM

Ya that is awful... Back in 2007 when I bought my Audi, the salesman actually suggested we take it on a nice curvy road so I could see how it handled... He was actually the one telling me to get on it more than I was... LOL...

Loved the car so much, I left with it that day...

Some sales people are IDIOTS... Find another dealer and try a test drive again...

vinman 09-16-2010 12:16 PM

My test drive was in Detroit on a 2SS manual loaded to the gills, my cousins husband (who owns a trucking company) and I went to his friends dealership, I bought them lunch and afterwards he handed us the keys and said take as long as we wanted, go home and show your wife he says, mind you we were at least 30-40 miles from his house, but I just went a few blocks in town then got on the highway for a few miles to see what she had and took it back, probably 5 miles total. See not everyone is trying to kill these cars on a test drive like the salesmen think.:idiot::idiot: Always wanted to use that smilie, lol.

rodscamaro 09-16-2010 12:23 PM

First off, it's sucks when a salesman acts the way he did. Some people are just jelous of others who can afford a nice car. On different note, as you get older (I'm 42) you wont let people treat you that way. I don't stand for any kind of BS when dealing with sales people or anyone for that matter. When you first notice someone is being an A** you confront it and move on. I'm real good at it now!!!!!

Iwantone2 09-16-2010 02:10 PM

That sucks...when I test drove my car, my pops and I went...my salesman didnt come along :D

CamaroFemme 09-16-2010 02:17 PM

I would definitely talk to his superior about it, and let him know who cost him a sale.

Jessica-Rocks- 09-16-2010 02:23 PM

I told my saleman's I was going to drive mine like a rental car. He was very cool with everything, I do think I scared him going around a few turns but he never let on. He did do the imaginary passenger break stomp though lol

CamaroScotty 09-16-2010 02:57 PM

Of course, the SISTER thread to this one is..... "I don't want to buy a lot car, they are beat on test drives..."

Damned if we do, damned if we don't!

Seriously though, the good guys can usually qualify people without insulting them...and then limit test drives to one unit. Most people selling to forum buyer want to keep their cars under 50 miles ;)

Moreno1 09-16-2010 04:25 PM

That wasn't proper salesman ship at all. Go somewhere else. He's probably pissed because he lost his job and now he's a car salesman.

IBMooreOH 09-16-2010 06:54 PM

I totally understand where you are, learned about Dutch Miller a long time ago. Their commercials should actually say "if you buy at Dutch, you pay too much". Seriously, I pm'd you the name and phone number of a salesman you should give a call, super nice guy at Hurricane Chevrolet, I'm sure he can set you up and with a good deal too. Good luck.

3CamarosOnHand 09-16-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little_bank_robber (Post 2335922)
Good for you for NOT allowing him to do a credit check on you. It is absolutely NONE of anyone's business UNTIL you decide to buy the car.

I really find it incredible that salespeople and dealers still do business this way. It is just CRAZY! I can't believe anybody buys cars from these types of people.

Please know that not all sales people are a-holes like this guy. There are lots of good people out there just trying to make a living and treating their customers as they deserve to be treated, like gold.

Hes a long way from you Anna now that would be a test drive :laugh: