Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Terrible test drive (the dealer, not the car) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106103)

R3VoLuTioN 09-17-2010 12:08 AM

sucks you just got a bad dealer/salesman GM corporate has been trying to weed out such things with dealer reviews.

I had a great experience with my test drive at one dealer, friendly lady who let me turn hard in the car pedal to the floor...get the whole feel.

first dealer i went to they did not have a single camaro in stock...told me they would call when they got one for me to test drive but never did.

some people just dont take all customers seriously as they should

justa25thTA 09-17-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 2337236)
Of course, the SISTER thread to this one is..... "I don't want to buy a lot car, they are beat on test drives..."

Damned if we do, damned if we don't!

Seriously though, the good guys can usually qualify people without insulting them...and then limit test drives to one unit. Most people selling to forum buyer want to keep their cars under 50 miles ;)

When I took a test drive, I ASKED if they had a used one I could take instead of a new one. My dealer didn't car, so we took the new one out. I would buy a lot car no problem if it is the one I want.

snowtrill 09-17-2010 09:39 AM

When I took my test drive it was a few months before I was planning to purchas the car. I let Eric Hall know I wanted to take a test drive but I wouldn't ordering yet. He found a 1SS with moon roof which was the closest they had to what I was ordering for my test drive. I asked that we not go on the freeway due to construction in that area and he kept me on a route that avoided the freeway, at one point he encouraged me to gun it a bit to feel the power.

If you have issues on the test drive with a sales person, go somewhere else. You will only have more problems as the deal progresses.

armysig 09-17-2010 09:49 AM

You just had 2 of the best Camaro Sales people make a comment on your thread. My suggestion is, find a dealership that will let you drive the car you would normally. Then, talk to CamaroScotty and see what he can do for you.

I didn't order from him, but I wish I would have. Every time I hear about a new car sale from his dealership, the customer comes out much happier than they thought. Plus it would have been great to go back to Wisconsin where my family is. I think they would have had fun seeing me with the Camaro before I would have drove back to Az. :laugh:

nardox 09-18-2010 07:15 AM

Exactly what happened to my dad when he bought a BMW X5 a few years ago. He dressed really really casual when we went into the 1st dealer and the sales guy was being an A-hole. So we went to the 2nd dealer where they let use test drive the car all we want and he made the decision on the spot :)

SIN R G 09-18-2010 12:04 PM

I stopped one day to look closer at a 2SS that had the ground effects package and listed for 46 something. I only stopped because I had not seen the ground effects package and wanted to get a closer look. A salesman comes out right away and says she is for sale. I asked what he would sell it for, and he replies back and say sticker price and not a penny less. I had not ordered my car yet but I was already told I can get it at GM preffered pricing. He was cocky and said they will never sell it to you for that they are only playing with ya, these cars only go for sticker. I told him I was just looking and said he would need to take my VW R32 in on a trade if I did anything. He then said to me "I don't know what the hell I would do with a VW here, Nobody wants to buy that junk". He asked me if I knew where it was built and went on to tell me that VW's are built in Mexico buy children and women slave labor. I looked at him and said, I bet you don't sell many cars do you. I don't care if you don't like VW's, but after hearing you talk like that I would NEVER BUY A CAR FROM YOU. It did not faze him a bit, he kept bashing VW's as I just got in my car and slowly drove off. What a complete a33hole. Some dealers and salesman just don't have a clue.

That same day I stopped at 2 other dealers. The first one I drove a 1SS and the sales man told me where we could go so I could see what she will do. The second place I drove a 2LT and the salesman gave me the keys, pointed me to some back roads and said have her back within an hour. Both those guys were real cool.

2010BumbleBee 09-18-2010 12:37 PM

My salesman was a 23 yr old kid and i told him i was pre-approved
through my work's employee credit union(which i was) but he threw
me the keys hopped in the passenger seat and said "floor it"

Now only if the service department was just as cool.