Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   White Mary Jane...Build Thread [COTW 6/11/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203778)

klatterblast 06-15-2012 09:54 AM

Great looking car :headbang:

nmalik3000 06-15-2012 11:40 AM

Your car looks totally awesome! Million times better than stock! Great taste in mods :thumbup:

camaro_RS 06-15-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klatterblast (Post 5131393)
Great looking car :headbang:

Thanks for the compliment! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmalik3000 (Post 5132061)
Your car looks totally awesome! Million times better than stock! Great taste in mods :thumbup:

Thanks a lot!! :w00t::headbang:

kcm117 06-16-2012 05:51 PM

Those HAVOC wheels are sick, nice ride!

camaro_RS 06-16-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcm117 (Post 5138486)
Those HAVOC wheels are sick, nice ride!

Thanks for noticing Kc. I appreciate the kind comments!

gmg69 06-16-2012 10:32 PM

shweeeet!

Awill 06-17-2012 01:05 PM

You've done great work to your ! I love it. Every thing is perfectly balanced with the white and black on the inside and out! Body kit looks awesome along with the wheels. I would have to say yours is one of the best lookin I've seen.

camaro_RS 06-17-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmg69 (Post 5139404)
shweeeet!

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Awill (Post 5141280)
You've done great work to your ! I love it. Every thing is perfectly balanced with the white and black on the inside and out! Body kit looks awesome along with the wheels. I would have to say yours is one of the best lookin I've seen.

Thanks for the compliments :thumbup:!

chevyswagger 06-23-2012 08:10 AM

might i suggest VHT light tint spray for the lights i used it on my tail light and it came out perfect and you don't have to sand just pre-wash with alcohol and rinse it off and dry it and its ready to paint...the best part is if you mess up it comes off with acetone, and i believe the drl's come out pretty easy 3 torx screws in each wheel well ,reach in and pop the lights right out , i tried the tint overlay but it didnt come out perfect and im too anal about it so i used the VHT, and its avalible ate autozone.

camaro_RS 06-23-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyswagger (Post 5176160)
might i suggest VHT light tint spray for the lights i used it on my tail light and it came out perfect and you don't have to sand just pre-wash with alcohol and rinse it off and dry it and its ready to paint...the best part is if you mess up it comes off with acetone, and i believe the drl's come out pretty easy 3 torx screws in each wheel well ,reach in and pop the lights right out , i tried the tint overlay but it didnt come out perfect and im too anal about it so i used the VHT, and its avalible ate autozone.

Yo I've never heard of that! Thanks for the info, man. I think I might try it. I'd rather not have to take the DRL's out so I might try to tape them off and then spray the VHT? Did you try that at first?

nvthegreen 06-24-2012 02:25 PM

I love the body kit on your ride but I'm curious as to what kind of rear bumper you have. That is not part of the Razzi kit right?

camaro_RS 06-24-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvthegreen (Post 5181241)
I love the body kit on your ride but I'm curious as to what kind of rear bumper you have. That is not part of the Razzi kit right?

Yes. It is the "v8" rear diffuser for the Razzi kit. If you have an LT/LS you have the option of getting either the v6 or v8 diffuser. Both look nice, but I went with this one.

Lucavi 06-24-2012 03:07 PM

Edit: My first two questions were already answered, so I have two more!

1) Is your black rear trunk panel simply painted black, or is it a newly-replaced piece? Same with your black gills behind the doors. I was debating getting both painted, but since yours look exactly how I'd want mine, I figured I'd ask you.

2) Your rear tail-lights; are they separate smoked lights, or are were they personally darkened with a kit from ebay, for example?

camaro_RS 06-24-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucavi (Post 5181392)
1) Is your black rear trunk panel simply painted black, or is it a newly-replaced piece? Same with your black gills behind the doors. I was debating getting both painted, but since yours look exactly how I'd want mine, I figured I'd ask you.

The trunk blackout is actually a matte/flat black decal that I got from a vendor on here. The gills are also decals but they are gloss black :iono: haha but they look really good IMO and most other people's also. I got those from a vendor on ebay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucavi (Post 5181392)
2) Your rear tail-lights; are they separate smoked lights, or are were they personally darkened with a kit from ebay, for example?

I got the tail light tint kit from either a vendor on here or on ebay. I can't quite remember. Haha. But it was a kit that included tint for the four side markers and the tail lights. I just recently got the reverse markers from a different vendor. I'm not sure why it didn't come with the rest of the first kit I got for the rest of the lights.

Hope this helps!