Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   2014 ZL 1 production (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348025)

PolydoraWhite 03-18-2014 11:45 AM

2014 ZL 1 production

I placed an order for a 2014 ZL 1 back in January and was told that production would resume this week (March 17). On "Track your Order" site, my vehicle is still listed as "Queued for Production". Does anyone know if ZL 1 production has resumed? I am a bit anxious to get driving!

KWIK ZL1 03-18-2014 11:59 AM

2014 Zl1 Ordering

:thumbup:Yes it has resumed but your dealer needs an allocation before your order will move? Did you ask them if they have an allocation.

Highland Ranger 03-18-2014 12:05 PM

I think if he is in the queue his dealer had allocation.

Suggest you take your order number and go to this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31115

Becky will get your your status and if a TPW (target production week) has been assigned.

For reference I ordered my ZL1 the day the order book reopened (2/11/14) and my TPW was 3/17 (this week)

I'd bet that they are building yours this week as well as your order was entered sooner.

If you are one of the 3/17 cars, we have a thread going here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347677

Good luck!

PolydoraWhite 03-18-2014 12:35 PM

Thanks! I placed my order the week of 2/11/14 also and my TWP is 3/17. I hope the car is being built this week!

BAD ZL1 03-18-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolydoraWhite (Post 7504705)
Thanks! I placed my order the week of 2/11/14 also and my TWP is 3/17. I hope the car is being built this week!

Oh man, this is such a fun part of the process. I remember in 2012, when I got the tracking stuff for my 13 in the factory, all the steps and even when it was on a train headed my way...Fun stuff checking to see if it updated each day! Enjoy!:thumbup:

Spartan01 03-18-2014 02:16 PM

"Welcome to the party, pal."
-John McClane

Blackdevil77 03-18-2014 02:18 PM

So let's say I place my order the end of April, or beginning of May. When can I expect to get my car?

lbls1 03-18-2014 03:10 PM

^Granted that the dealer has an allocation, it should take 6-8 weeks. My order was delivered on the 7th week....right on the dime. It made the dealer look good!

Brownster 03-18-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbls1 (Post 7505105)
^Granted that the dealer has an allocation, it should take 6-8 weeks. My order was delivered on the 7th week....right on the dime. It made the dealer look good!

Same for me.
Dealer had an allocation and I was quoted same time frame and was at dealership between 7 and 8 weeks.
Have to say it was fall of the year and weather and other factors can come into play.

Blackdevil77 03-18-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbls1 (Post 7505105)

I've never actually ordered a car like this before. Is there a way to tell if the dealer really has an allocation or if they're just lying that they do to get your deposit?

HDRDTD 03-18-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 (Post 7505189)
I've never actually ordered a car like this before. Is there a way to tell if the dealer really has an allocation or if they're just lying that they do to get your deposit?

I don't believe there's any way to check/verify to see if they have an allocation before you place the order, but once you place the order, they should give you the order number.
Once you have the order number, you can begin to track the order.

I don't recall the exact codes off the top of my head, but I believe that the order code will start out around 1000, then move to 1100 once the order has been accepted by GM, etc, etc. If your order remains at an early code for a long time, it's an indication that the order has been entered at the dealer, but the dealer hasn't used an allocation against the order yet.

Go to the 'ordering' forum on here, and you can look up all the codes to expect at each stage of the order/production/delivery process.

HDRDTD 03-18-2014 04:04 PM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31115

lbls1 03-18-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 (Post 7505189)

You might (dunno) through chevy's customer service. Good point that you brought up. I waited about three weeks before I even had an order number. My dealer (they're great but...) isn't big on phone courtesy, and it took that long for me to nail them down on the phone and get an order number. I could've just run in the showroom and hassled them (lol....I did do this when my car came off the truck lol....) but I figured that I'd call first. Those guys had the allocation but since they stink at phone courtesy I was really worried for a bit that they wouldn't follow thru. Obviously the rest was history.

The other point that I was trying to make is that you must hold the dealer to the promised date that they'll give you once they accept the deal. If the car doesn't come in the promised time then that will be grounds for an immediate refund of deposit (don't fall for the non-refundable deposit bs......I could actually start another thread on deposit escapades with some dealers).

The wise thing to do is to ask the dealer about their allocation. In my situation the dealer had a zl1 in their inventory and were also known for selling zls, so I felt secure at the time I ordered.

Kevlar382 03-20-2014 09:09 AM

Very nicely done. Congrads. When I was tracking my car I made copies of ever time it changed as it went along. Nice to have in the long run. When it's done you might want to get the Vehicle Option Info Sheet also. Stuff like that is great to have as documentation when you go to sell it some day.