Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2010 Camaro's Numbered? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23382)

Dragoth 05-18-2009 10:50 PM

2010 Camaro's Numbered?

Hey everyone, I am considering buying a new 2010 Camaro, and I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I have a quick question.

I have heard that the 2010 Camaro's are all numbered from the factory as they aren't officially 'mass produced' and that they will have some kind of plaque or something that shows what number they are, while the 2011 will enter mass production and will not be numbered in any way.

As far as future collectibles go I would think the 'Numbered' Camaros would be worth the purchase now. I may be WAY off base here, but I figured the people here would probably know the answer.

I may have to wait to purchase a camaro, causing me to have to get a 2011 model year, however, If the 2010's are numbered, I may try and push through to get a 2010 model year....

Any information on this would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks everyone!

JMAN311 05-18-2009 10:52 PM

Please tell me you got this info from a dealer. We have the perfect saying if that's the case.

They are numbered......with VINS.....like every other car will be. Nothing special about them cept they will be the first model year for this gen.

10,000 built in 2 months = mass produced

spi 05-18-2009 10:52 PM

Welcome to the site!

They are numbered by the last 4 digits of the VIN# whatever those are is what number camaro you have....like for instance mine is # 6637

If for some reason i'm wrong someone can correct me, but i'm pretty sure i'm right

Milk 1027 05-18-2009 10:53 PM

no they're not numbered. The only number is the VIN, which every vehicle has.

avro206 05-18-2009 10:53 PM

aren't offically massed produced!:facepalm::bellyroll: I needed a good laugh

Dragoth 05-18-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avro206 (Post 499850)
aren't offically massed produced!:facepalm::bellyroll: I needed a good laugh

haha, Glad I could amuse tonight :) I honestly can't remember where I heard they were numbered (other then the VIN) :iono:

Thanks everyone for the responses, one more quick question though:

Based on past experiences/knowledge, does anyone know if the first model year of a new Generation (Any car i guess, but more specifically the camaro and/or 'pony' cars) is more desirable then the following model years? Or is pretty well 6's ?

avro206 05-18-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoth (Post 499884)
haha, Glad I could amuse tonight :) I honestly can't remember where I heard they were numbered (other then the VIN) :iono:

lol I am the same way some times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoth (Post 499884)

Thanks everyone for the responses, one more quick question though:

Based on past experiences/knowledge, does anyone know if the first model year of a new Generation (Any car i guess, but more specifically the camaro and/or 'pony' cars) is more desirable then the following model years? Or is pretty well 6's ?

I will take a shot at this---NO. Gauging future trends on what is considered popular just is not possible.

Say in 2013 they tweak the styling and up the HP. Now we have a better looking Camaro with more power.

No reason for the first year to be worth more if its the same or inferior to future years.

bcudm 05-18-2009 11:12 PM

it's not an entirely bad question or anything... every car does have a vin... but based on the vin you can tell exactly when your car was built.. and the vins are sequential... so yea.. in like 50 years it will be worth something maybe... i mean my car was built on wednesday and I'm guessing its vin is prolly around the 10K mark.. anyway, early production classics can hold higher value if it is in good condition and all the parts are original to the car.. **a lot of parts on your car are tagged with the vin #** I dunno, I have a 1LT with an auto coming in a week or two so it won't be a classic.. but it will look sweet and be a lot of fun...

Morepwr 05-18-2009 11:12 PM

Kinda like when you see a "limited" model of something, like a jeep cherokee.

Ya, "limited to how many they can crank out in a years time!":sm0:

bballr4567 05-18-2009 11:20 PM

My Formula is numbered. It was #170416. GM uses the last 6 digits to number the cars. In 2000 mine was the 70,416 car to roll off the line. Its really not numbered though. :D

Sinergy 05-18-2009 11:41 PM

You're buying (or thinking of buying) a camaro for the wrong reason. Buy it for the love of the design, power, and simple pleasure of driving experience, not for what it might be worth someday.

PQ 05-19-2009 12:06 AM

I'm getting the 2010 limited edition Camaro. Mines the ONLY one in the US or Canada that's mine.

Dragoth 05-19-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinergy (Post 499973)
You're buying (or thinking of buying) a camaro for the wrong reason. Buy it for the love of the design, power, and simple pleasure of driving experience, not for what it might be worth someday.

Oh, fear not, I am not purchasing the Camaro on a 'what is this going to be worth some day' notion only. Just thought that if I was going to buy one, may not be a bad idea to know what its resale value might be in the future.

I am in love with the styling and design of the new Camaro since the first time I saw one, I have always been a :yikes: Trans Am guy, I have owned 3 different Gen 2 Trans Ams and I have never really liked the styling of the Camaro....until now. This new Gen 5 is an AMAZING car. I have been to my local dealer and checked out the 2LT they have in stock, and I am very much WoW'd by this car.

I already have the car I want all picked out and priced, its just a matter of placing the order. Going to be getting a 2SS RS Auto Trans (yah, yah, I know, but I don't want the hassle of a clutch more times then I want the fun of a clutch) Inferno Orange Exterior with Inferno Orange Accent Interior and a sunroof.

I am soooo excited about this car, I just have to sell or pay off the car I have now so I can afford it :)

GrnMchin 05-19-2009 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 500003)
I'm getting the 2010 limited edition Camaro. Mines the ONLY one in the US or Canada that's mine.

:laughabove:

That what my dealer said too!