Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   New To This, Got An Idea (Poll) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81848)

Dboy23 05-06-2010 11:14 PM

New To This, Got An Idea (Poll)

I have a feeling that the Z28 is going to be a lot like the Jay Leno car, too many hints and with cafe standards it's gonna be hard not to be. They might just offer a special edition SS with the S/C, too many company's with Superchargers for the Camaro for GM to do it too. I'm thinking Twin Turbo 6 with racing suspension/brakes etc. input, ideas? Try to keep it clean guys, just asking opinions, check out the Poll.

oldbowtie 05-07-2010 05:53 AM

I think S/C 8. To be in the league with performance "muscle" it has to make a statement with power from a V8. IMHO

hollywoodGU 05-07-2010 06:01 AM

I dont think anyone else has come up with this idea yet...(not gunna say im 100% sure about that tho)

What if GM released a TT z28 and a LS9 ZL1

Just saying it would fit with what they represent. The Z28 being a high-revving track car and the ZL1 being a monster :)

I know its a long shot...but just throwing it out there...

CAP'N B 05-07-2010 06:55 AM

I already have my SS but they shouldn't even offer the Camaro with a V6, much less a Z28 with a V6,V8, monster cubes, Supercharger or Turboed, and a race level automatic tranny

hollywoodGU 05-07-2010 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAP'N B (Post 1817541)
I already have my SS but they shouldn't even offer the Camaro with a V6, much less a Z28 with a V6,V8, monster cubes, Supercharger or Turboed, and a race level automatic tranny

Just an FYI ppl like you get flamed a lot on this site!
40 posts and already saying something like this???
To me it just sounds ignorant
Camaro's shouldn't be offered as a v6? Name one year in the HISTORY of the camaro that a V6 wasn't offered.

RSHugger 05-07-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodGU (Post 1817547)
Just an FYI ppl like you get flamed a lot on this site!
40 posts and already saying something like this???
To me it just sounds ignorant
Camaro's shouldn't be offered as a v6? Name one year in the HISTORY of the camaro that a V6 wasn't offered.

or straight 6 for the early years.

V6 is needed in the line up for those people who just don't need/want the horse power and want the looks and styling of the Camaro... AND the v6 kicks some serious butt with the efficiency and HP it has... win win situation.

:drinking:

boxmonkeyracing 05-07-2010 10:21 AM

what hints say TT v6? because obviously you are ignoring all the other hints too. . .choosing to only see what you want to see? IF the Z28 were a TT v6 it would need to put out more then the 420 hp the jay leno put out. the weight of the turbo's and such negate any benefit they give to performance. just sayin. . .jay leno's camaro is not a good choice. and a low volume HI performance car like the Z28 is speculated to be would not impact Corp. average that much.

G8GT4now 05-07-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing (Post 1818278)
what hints say TT v6? because obviously you are ignoring all the other hints too. . .choosing to only see what you want to see? IF the Z28 were a TT v6 it would need to put out more then the 420 hp the jay leno put out. the weight of the turbo's and such negate any benefit they give to performance. just sayin. . .jay leno's camaro is not a good choice. and a low volume HI performance car like the Z28 is speculated to be would not impact Corp. average that much.

Exactly!

Dboy23 05-07-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing (Post 1818278)

Well just looking at previous years the Z28 has never had more power output than the SS (if I'm not mistaken). No matter what if the Z28 has an LSA and ends up with 556 HP it won't compare to some of the Mustangs, and definitely won't compare to the GT500 price wise. The GT500 starts at $48,000 and has 550 HP, to compare the CTS-V has 556 HP and starts at $62,000. Also to top it off the Mustang is lighter, it just wouldn't make sense for GM to do something like the Z28 and have it be a S/C V8.

cHaotix 05-07-2010 12:40 PM

This thread has been made a billion times.

hollywoodGU 05-07-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSHugger (Post 1818244)
or straight 6 for the early years.

V6 is needed in the line up for those people who just don't need/want the horse power and want the looks and styling of the Camaro... AND the v6 kicks some serious butt with the efficiency and HP it has... win win situation.

:drinking:

thanks 4 the correction lol i was up too late :D
yes, I meant ANY 6 cylinder (l6 or v6)

BackinBlackSS/RS 05-07-2010 04:37 PM

I know nothing official has been released, but I would be floored if it were anything but the V8 with everything I have read.

BustedCrank 05-07-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dboy23 (Post 1818856)
Well just looking at previous years the Z28 has never had more power output than the SS (if I'm not mistaken). No matter what if the Z28 has an LSA and ends up with 556 HP it won't compare to some of the Mustangs, and definitely won't compare to the GT500 price wise. The GT500 starts at $48,000 and has 550 HP, to compare the CTS-V has 556 HP and starts at $62,000. Also to top it off the Mustang is lighter, it just wouldn't make sense for GM to do something like the Z28 and have it be a S/C V8.

The SS had a higher rating in the first gen and that was it. Cant really count the 4th gens because the SS was made by SLP and was the exact same motor.

Its not just the motor you are paying for in the cts-v. A camaro with that engine could sell for less then 60k. And it makes perfect sense for them to use the LSA, much less engineering to go into it.

BackinBlackSS/RS 05-07-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BustedCrank (Post 1820590)
The SS had a higher rating in the first gen and that was it. .

That may be it, but that is THE generation. SS was in the early 70's and didn't show up again until the 1996 SS when again it had more power than the Z28. SS is a very powerful moniker, but it's life on the Camaro really hasn't been that long.