Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Livernois Motorsports Upgrades to Maggie Package (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53840)

Shooter1 11-25-2009 06:11 PM

Livernois Motorsports Upgrades to Maggie Package

I just wanted to start a thread to keep members informed in case any of you may be interested in upgrading your Maggie packages from Livernois or are contemplating on using Livernois at all.

I recently had them do the standard Maggie package with Kooks LT's added at the last minute (I had shorty headers) and a 3.6 pulley. I already had the GMPP catback as well. I hammered them with tons of questions and got prompt, professional responses every time. No feeling like you are a number with them. I ended up with 519/516 rwhp/rwtq and was very happy with everything they did.

Well; it became a little addicting and now my SS is back with them for the following:
1.) Fuel Upgrade
2.) Port/Polish heads, TB and lower intake
3.) Cam and required kit/parts
4.) Smaller pulley
6.) Hendrix HD axles
7.) BMR trailing arms and toe bars with poly bushings
8.) Switch the 275 DR to 305 DR

My package should be complete by the end of next week or so and they or I will post pictures of the parts and also video of the 1/4 mile. :headbang:

I will report back then and inform members of my continued experience in the case that others may want to take the next step in performance....

***Beware: If you are married; it may cost you taking your in laws on vacation with you***:mad0259:

sweaver 11-25-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooter1 (Post 1216413)
I just wanted to start a thread to keep members informed in case any of you may be interested in upgrading your Maggie packages from Livernois or are contemplating on using Livernois at all.

I recently had them do the standard Maggie package with Kooks LT's added at the last minute (I had shorty headers) and a 3.6 pulley. I already had the GMPP catback as well. I hammered them with tons of questions and got prompt, professional responses every time. No feeling like you are a number with them. I ended up with 519/516 rwhp/rwtq and was very happy with everything they did.

Well; it became a little addicting and now my SS is back with them for the following:
1.) Fuel Upgrade
2.) Port/Polish heads, TB and lower intake
3.) Cam and required kit/parts
4.) Smaller pulley
6.) Hendrix HD axles
7.) BMR trailing arms and toe bars with poly bushings
8.) Switch the 275 DR to 305 DR

My package should be complete by the end of next week or so and they or I will post pictures of the parts and also video of the 1/4 mile. :headbang:

I will report back then and inform members of my continued experience in the case that others may want to take the next step in performance....

***Beware: If you are married; it may cost you taking your in laws on vacation with you***:mad0259:

Taking your in laws on vacation :confused0068:It might be worth it, How long is the vacation?

Shooter1 11-25-2009 09:06 PM

trade

Yeah; I will advise if it's worth it after two weeks with them! Yep, that's 336 hours together, minus the few hours a day reprieve I call sleep. Makes me wish I would have married a slightly less savvy negotiating woman, just a little...

Maybe if I start drinking it will go a little faster :barf:

In all seriousness; not a bad trade at all. 336 hours of family versus years of fun mods...

Chris@Livernois 12-22-2009 04:57 PM

The first round of mods included:

Magnacharger MP2300 Supercharger Kit
3.6" Pulley
Kenne Bell BAP
Kooks 1 7/8" Longtube Headers
Kooks Catted Connection Pipe
GMPP Catback
Rotofab Cold Air Intake
Livernois Motorsports Dyno Tune

It was baselined with shorty headers, GMPP catback, CAI, and Diablo tune and made 359 RWHP / 375 RWTQ. After the modifications above, it made 519 RWHP / 516 RWTQ.

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/g...ooksround1.jpg

We've since added:
Livernois Motorsports DOD/VCT Delete Kit w/ stage 1C camshaft
3.3" Pulley
Ported the lower manifold and exhaust side of the cylinder heads
Fuel system upgrades

Adding the cam caused the car to loose boost, and the 3.3" pulley ended up making 9 lbs.

He also upgraded the axles and some suspension items.

With these modifications, it made 589 RWHP / 533 RWTQ.

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/g...ooksround2.jpg

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Shooter1 12-26-2009 08:24 PM

Return after 2nd round of mods at LIVERNOIS

I received my car back from Livernois today after my 2nd round of mods. It was quite impressive (to me) before and now it also sounds awesome. The cam really gives it character. I also expected a much stiffer ride after the Hendrix axles, BMR toe links and trailing arms but it is not that noticeable to me. I am very happy with the outcome. It was a nice sunny day here (46 F) so I did not hammer it too hard but when I did; it pulled very, very hard.

At about 46 mph; I went WOT and I kid not, it spun tires and yes; I have 305 DR's on the rear. Putting around is about the same as before; until you apply the lead foot; it is quite tame.

Andy and Rick went
above and beyond for me in terms of my demands and time frame. I am only waiting on the really nice modified engine cover that they came up with which works with the TVS 2300. I suggest all you guys with Livernois TVS2300 packages call or email him. It really tightens up the looks under the hood. After I receive it; I will post pictures (Andy has some of their #1 install) of it, the Hendrix axles and the BMR parts.

Another note on Hendrix; I called them to tap their brain and try to gain some knowledge on their product before I was obligated on a purchase. They were class acts and took their time with me. Just outstanding to talk to.

Here are my mods:
Hendrix 1,000 HP Axles
BMR toe links and trailing arms (poly)
Magnacharger MP2300 Supercharger Kit
Kenne Bell BAP
Kooks 1 7/8" Longtube Headers
Kooks Catted Connection Pipe
GMPP Catback
Rotofab Cold Air Intake
Livernois Motorsports Dyno Tune
Livernois Motorsports DOD/VCT Delete Kit w/ stage 1C camshaft
3.3" Pulley
Ported the lower manifold and exhaust side of the cylinder heads
Fuel system upgrades

Adding the cam caused the car to loose boost, and the 3.3" pulley ended up making 9 lbs.
With these modifications, it made 589 RWHP / 533 RWTQ.

Legend 12-27-2009 01:01 AM

Wow! Congrats on having a kicka$$ Camaro!!

Shooter1 12-27-2009 11:38 AM

Camaro Return

Thanks very much Legend. I am looking forward to putting some miles on it but the weather is not the greatest.

I must say that the sound with the cam is one of my favorite things about the car. I think Rick or Andy will be posting video after the New Year.