Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   dekan513 build thread 2010 rs/2ss nitrous car (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257934)

dekan513 10-27-2012 06:31 PM

dekan513 build thread 2010 rs/2ss nitrous car

3 Attachment(s)
To start off im way behind on this just figured i would try to remember what ive done and when.
The wife and i was lookin for a cyber grey A6 car cause she cant drive a stick at the time, so we took a day and just went lookin had no intentions of buying at the time. So i first looked at the car i have now and i loved it but it was a M6 and low miles , exacly what i was lookin for. she was not digging it :paddle: so we took off and went to probably 10+ lots to find nothing that took both our interest. So she was like lets go back to the red M6 . IT was history from there. :chevy:
i bought my 2010 ss ls3 on feb, 14 2012 the car had 6,578 miles on the clock.
after getting it home i instantly started lookin for mods.
the first night i ordered a axel back magnaflow comp 2.5 exhaust and a volant intake.
about a week later i got them and installed. made the car sound nice. not to loud and not much drone.:w00t:
but as we all know that never enuff.
so i contacted ted at jannety racing , got a tune. bye bye warranty:mad0260:

dekan513 10-27-2012 06:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
about 3 weeks down the road i had done alot of reading on how much headers helped these cars , so i done a lil research on the obx brand and thats what i went with.
It took me about 2 hours to install them in my driveway. I cranked the car up an wow it was loud , like super loud , remind u this has no cats and basically a straight pipe with the factory h pipe. i drove it like that for about a week. i got compliments like crazy but i know it was bothering my neighbors.(which is my grandmother on 1 side and my mom and dad on the other) so i talked to magnaflow and they said i would probably like the same thing i got but with a resonated x pipe. i didnt think it would make much difference but they assured me. so i ordered the cat back magnaflow comp 2.5 with resonated x. Changed them out and it was much better but still loud when wot. (sounds awesome).
so i ended up giving my old exhaust to my mother who has a 2011 ss A6. After talkin to her about fixing her car up a lil she wanted a intake. she loved the look of the volant intake on mine and she thought it looked good with the engine cover so , i bought a k&n intake and give her the volant. cause i was gonna take my cover off and clean under the hood up (ty nathan for the cleanin the engine bay thread). Anyway i got the car running and sounding good , next step the outside need to set me apart from the other local camaros. i put the phantom grill upper and lower and mail slot in. but it still wasnt enuff . So i was gonna powdercoat my wheels back and a member told me about plasti dip. (good stuff) so i dipped my wheels and my lower front bumper and tail light bezals. next was i didnt want nothing but clear black and red on my car . I bought the tint for the side markers and tail lights and got clear bulbs for the front singals, and the fog lights. I got the drl wiring harness too. so i was satisfied with the looks.

dekan513 10-27-2012 06:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Next i took my car to our local 1/8 airport armdrop race and had a blast ,the car did well for what it was but i wasnt happy cause i wasnt where i thought i needed to be. so i started lookin for a cam. At first i was all about the lg g5x3 , it a great cam but i was afraid i would regret not going bigger. so i talked to a few ppl on here and alot loved the g6x3 but some didnt like the drivability so. i talked to a friend that does installs a ls guru. he thought i should go with the g5 cause the wife like to drive the camaro but hadnt learned to drive a stick good yet. but i still ended up with the g6x3 and wow biggggg diff for a cam. I was afraid at first of the it going to drive like crap. but it does fine and she can drive it better accually cause the idle is at 950 -1000 and helps her pull out. car made 462/423 in 107 degree shop temps after a 2 hour drive. i was happy.

idle and low rev clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC96m9R8QI8

dekan513 10-27-2012 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
after the cam i started workin on my other cars and just drove it the car was super fun to drive and we went back to the airport for the final armdrop drags and there were over 140 cars in the street tire class and i came in 2nd , with a ls1 turbo mustang beating me out in the final round . i got 250 bucks . heres a video of the finals that night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45YZ5BdCsl4

dekan513 10-27-2012 06:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
after the 2nd place i thought well , i can do a lil something to help that out so i bought a hsw 90 mm plate kit of my installer. got that installed and been playin with where to put my noids and help clean up the engine bay

i acually changed them again but need to get pics. just runnin a 50 shot atm waiting to get it tuned and pull some timing for a 150 shot.

got to take it to the 1/4 on a prepped track and it was my first time ever and was on street tires here a few slips. the 2 together were n/a and they yellow solo one was a 50 shot.

dekan513 10-27-2012 07:01 PM

10 Attachment(s)
installed le1 axels and hubs, pfadt racing trailing arm and tie rod . also installed a lnc-2000 and a nos launcher and running a 125 shot. man does this thing pull hard now. ill be putting the axels to the test on the 15th weather permitting . lookin for a 12.2 on st tires or 11's with a dr.N/A . on spray lookin for 11.2 on st . or a 10's on dr.

the le1 axels are a lil bigger not sure if they are any better. i know the cv boots are bigger. also they are around 3-5mm thicker.

dekan513 10-27-2012 07:09 PM

4 Attachment(s)
mods

Lil' Nasty 10-27-2012 11:22 PM

Looks great bro, red on these cars make it look sick

dekan513 12-10-2012 11:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
made myself a custom hood. to let more air flow over the intake.

added holley fuel rails also.

drayco513 06-02-2013 02:28 PM

5 Attachment(s)
painted my calipers victory red . also done a fuse box relocation and moved tthe red battery terminal under the hood . ill get pics later of the finshed thing