Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New to the forums, looking for advice on catback exhaust (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276550)

Dtyler228 02-11-2013 03:18 PM

New to the forums, looking for advice on catback exhaust

New to the forums and was looking for advice on what your thoughts are on a borla atak catback exhaust? I bought my 2010 camaro ss (LS3) last summer and this would be my first mod done to the car. Was looking for some input on how this may compare to others, I was looking for an exhaust that'll stand out with the loud muscle sound. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

Ivan @ Southwest Speed 02-11-2013 03:20 PM

Sounds aggressive. I like it personally. Great quality and fit too.

Popular on this forum.

GL!
Ivan

SPCBA 02-11-2013 04:05 PM

atak is great with stock cats and manifolds. really aggressive. i think it gets obnoxiously loud with headers if thats a route you plan to go later something to think about.

Apex Motorsports 02-11-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dtyler228 (Post 6147904)
New to the forums and was looking for advice on what your thoughts are on a borla atak catback exhaust? I bought my 2010 camaro ss (LS3) last summer and this would be my first mod done to the car. Was looking for some input on how this may compare to others, I was looking for an exhaust that'll stand out with the loud muscle sound. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

The ATAK is loud but I would not necessarily describe it as a deep muscle car tone. If you want that then I would suggest the Stainless Works Retro Chambered cat back. It is my personal favorite and one of our best sellers.

Gibby'SS 02-11-2013 04:23 PM

I agree with Chase. And I purchased the exhaust through Apex!

The Stainless Works Retro Chambered Cat back sounds great to me. My wife on the other hand believes it is a little loud. The system should fit without any problems on your coupe. I have some fitment issues (exhaust hits on unibody braces for convertible) but that should not be a problem for you.

I also listened to the LG Motorsports system and it sounds great as well.

Take your time. Research each system. Listen to clips. Find some local members and meet up to listen to their systems. Good luck with your search!

Apex Motorsports 02-11-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibby'SS (Post 6148127)
I agree with Chase. And I purchased the exhaust through Apex!

Thank you for your order. :thumbsup:

swizlstik 02-11-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Thanks,
Dave

First post too!! Welcome to Camaro5!!

Dtyler228 02-11-2013 09:00 PM

Thanks everyone, I do like the sound of that Stainless Works one you posted. I think that's gonna be the one!

Lil' Nasty 02-11-2013 09:47 PM

Wow I would totally get the SW if i had a LS3 :o

JDP Sales 02-12-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Thanks,
Dave

Welcome to Camaro5! I personally don't care for the sound of the ATAK. IMO, its just not how a muscle car should sound.. I prefer Magnaflow catback systems. They have many options depending on how loud you want the car and what kind of tone you want. They all sound great, but it all comes down to your preference and what you plan to do with the car down the road.

Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions or pricing. We are always happy to help! :thumbsup:

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

byrosol 02-12-2013 01:07 PM

Magnaflow catback, 16580 check that one out, not too loud, it has a deep tone.

swoff32 02-12-2013 02:32 PM

i recently bought a 3'' borla "s"type(140348) exhaust from a fellow memeber on here, its not the 2.5'', its the full 3'' system, and i must say, its not loud, but if your looking for a cat back that is super super deep, get that. i dont find it that loud, but it just sounds awesome cause its so deep. i havent heard it with headers, but ill be doing that later down the road.

Dtyler228 02-13-2013 08:25 PM

So I think I'm going with the 3" Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback. I'm debating about getting the SW headers when I get this too and getting it all outta the way at once. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it something thats going to be obnoxiously loud, to the point where I'll be getting pulled over for it? I'm looking to make it sound as mean as possible, but I'd hate to put all the money into it and be forced to sell it and go back to stock bc of tickets.

SPCBA 02-13-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dtyler228 (Post 6157791)
So I think I'm going with the 3" Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback. I'm debating about getting the SW headers when I get this too and getting it all outta the way at once. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it something thats going to be obnoxiously loud, to the point where I'll be getting pulled over for it? I'm looking to make it sound as mean as possible, but I'd hate to put all the money into it and be forced to sell it and go back to stock bc of tickets.

do it!!!