Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   1100 status ? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70048)

Scrappy Doo 03-09-2010 03:17 PM

1100 status ?

I ordered on 2/23. The dealer put my order in on 2/27. I was at 1100 as of March 3rd, the last update on Camaro tracking. NVGCGR.

I am pretty sure my dealer lied to me about allocation availability. If there was immediate allocation, I should have gone right to 2000 correct?

If I got lied to, anybody out there got immediate allocation?

*UPDATE 03-18-10*

I cancelled my order today. They now told me the order wouldn't go in till April 1st now. I was getting a smoking deal but you can't put a price tag on Happiness. On the search for a lot car now.

papabearcamaro 03-09-2010 05:02 PM

Call Scotty

Frank in MD 03-09-2010 08:45 PM

Why would they wait until Saturday, the busiest day of the week, to place an order done on Wednesday?

That's a red flag right there....

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 03-09-2010 08:50 PM

I can help!

PAUL SS 03-09-2010 08:53 PM

Looks like you waited a while before you ordered. Why is your dealer making you wait more now? You need answers from your dealer now.

Scrappy Doo 03-10-2010 12:25 AM

Come to Jesus meeting with the sales manager and sales guy at 11am.

hubcap 03-10-2010 02:11 AM

I ordered 2-11-10. Still at 1100. I was told my dealer had allocations also........I really dont get it. Others have ordered weeks after i did and already have TPW. Looked on cars.com and found 10 camaros just like i ordered within 100 miles. Thinking about canceling and going out to buy one.

Scrappy Doo 03-10-2010 08:41 AM

Becky just checked it for me. Still at 1100. I know how this meeting is going to go..... :mad0260:

67 Convertible 03-10-2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo (Post 1569678)
Becky just checked it for me. Still at 1100. I know how this meeting is going to go..... :mad0260:

Allocation is your friend.....obviously you dealer doesn't have an allocation for your order........I was at 3000 within 7 days (and that was back in April)

Moorepheus 03-10-2010 08:54 AM

Yea, as much as i love my aunt (who is my sales rep), I sat at 1100 for over 2 months. She told me they had allocations also. However, that was not the case. But in any case, I am glad I waited. Weather here would have not been good for me to get the car when I wanted to. Also, when I turned my lease in 2 weeks ago, it was snowing pretty bad, would have hated to take the car home in that. So, it's working out pretty good for me right now. Last few days it's been in the upper 40's, snow is almost gone and I should have my car some time next week. You will get yours....it will come.

Scrappy Doo 03-10-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moorepheus (Post 1569737)
Yea, as much as i love my aunt (who is my sales rep), I sat at 1100 for over 2 months. She told me they had allocations also. However, that was not the case. But in any case, I am glad I waited. Weather here would have not been good for me to get the car when I wanted to. Also, when I turned my lease in 2 weeks ago, it was snowing pretty bad, would have hated to take the car home in that. So, it's working out pretty good for me right now. Last few days it's been in the upper 40's, snow is almost gone and I should have my car some time next week. You will get yours....it will come.

The weather is finally breaking here. Been 40 and raining the last 3 days. (Gotta get all the salt of the roads)

My car will be my summer toy, so I want it here when the weather gets nice.

I know it will get here, but it's the principle of the dealer telling me up and down that they had allocation when I ordered. I am spending near 40k and don't deserve to be treated this way.

The exact car I want, plus a sunroof, is an hour away from here. If my ordered from dealer doesn't make things right, I'll buy that one today.

Halcyon2k6 03-10-2010 10:29 AM

I would definately set up a meeting with your dealer to see what is going on.

unccescape 03-10-2010 11:06 AM

Hi, I am a big fan of the new Camaro and love this site! The knowledge here is amazing! I finally ordered a Camaro back on 2/20/10 from a large/well known Chevy dealership. I am still confused on the difference between ordering and allocation. I see a bunch of you guys with order numbers that for example start with an "N". My salesman never gave me an order number. So should I be at status 1100?

I emailed them a week after i ordered to see a status and they said they didn’t have any allocations that week but did not send me an order number. So right now I have no idea if I am on a list or my order is even in. I plan on emailing or calling my salesman later this week since I have not heard back since. What questions should I ask so I get the information I need?

Wileytrigger21 03-10-2010 11:54 AM

Hope things go well for ya Scrappy. Looks like you will be driving an hour after your meeting and your next post will be....dumped order bought from another dealer.