Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Soon to be a Proud owner of my 1st Camaro! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319914)

Agregs 09-25-2013 02:13 PM

Soon to be a Proud owner of my 1st Camaro!

I have been looking for a long time and will be pulling the trigger on a 2010 1LT manual Black. I can't explain how excited I am to know that I will be getting my dream car soon!

My only concern is maintaince, possible issues that will come up, and winter handling (I live in MN). This will be my daily driver. My commute 40-60 minutes to and from work in my truck right now isn't cutting it gas wise.

What do I need to know/ look for when I'm about to buy it. It has 50,000 miles. Looks very clean inside and out.

I think premagrin has already started just thinking about!

Sir Nuke 09-25-2013 02:30 PM

Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wives', husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a.../NewFridge.jpg

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

Agregs 09-25-2013 04:10 PM

Thank you for the welcome.

I'm also wondering what are some good first Mods that I could start prepping (saving)for?

1COR.1:18 09-25-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agregs (Post 7036362)

I'm also wondering what are some good first Mods that I could start prepping (saving)for?

Snow Tires and rims

Dyk-NO 09-25-2013 04:17 PM

Well winter is coming, get winter tires and wheels for it. I run 18" wheels (heritage wheels) with Hankook Studded winter tires and boy it makes a difference, Im from Alaska so it makes me smile to see trucks get stuck while my camaro just drive by lol

Agregs 09-25-2013 04:35 PM

I can only imagine what those people in the trucks that are stuck and see a camaro go scooting by without a problem. ha

I have been looking to blizzack tires. If the snow is ever to bad I can use my GMC Sierra with Goodyear Duratracs to get me anywhere I need to go. But it would be nice if I didn't have to use the gas.

mcbeth15 09-25-2013 04:59 PM

Congrats! Enjoy the ride!

VR Code R6P 09-25-2013 05:13 PM

Blizzaks are AMAZING on my son's Mustang. I did not think there would be that much of a difference, but there was!

JDP Sales 09-25-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agregs (Post 7036362)

Welcome and congrats!

The best thing you can do is get a good set of snow tires and some cheap wheels to mount them on to get you through the winter. If you don't have traction, nothing else matters.

From there, The first thing I would suggest is getting a catch can on there. These direct injection engines have a big problems with carbon build up on the valves and most of the issue is from the PCV system recirculation gasses into the intake side to be burnt. By using a catch can you can effectively prolong the periods you can go without doing an upper induction cleaning (pretty costly service from the dealer) and keep your engine clean and running strong for years to come. We offer and recommend the Elite Engineering catch cans.

Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Agregs 09-26-2013 08:56 AM

Thanks for the great advise. I would have never know about this catch can.

sorry I'm a little new to forums and I couldn't figure out how to PM you. Could you provide a breif run down on what this catch can does? How come GM doesn't put these in the car during production?

JDP Sales 09-26-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agregs (Post 7038288)
Thanks for the great advise. I would have never know about this catch can.

sorry I'm a little new to forums and I couldn't figure out how to PM you. Could you provide a breif run down on what this catch can does? How come GM doesn't put these in the car during production?

A PM is heading your way! :thumb:

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Chevrolet Customer Svc 09-29-2013 02:48 PM

Welcome and congratulations! If you have any warranty, recall, or operational questions about your new ride, let us know. :)

Sarah (Assisting William)
Chevrolet Customer Care

CamaroJim56 09-29-2013 03:26 PM

Use the truck in the snow, gas is nothing compared to an idiot hitting you.....

DwRed1LTV6 09-29-2013 05:34 PM

Welcome and Congrats on the 1LS ! ! ! !

I agree with Camaro Jim above.. !
Use the truck in the snow, can always
drive the camaro once the streets are
cleared.