Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   My time with the 2014 Camaro Z/28 and SS at the New York Auto Show (long) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285765)

camaro2lt 03-28-2013 09:30 PM

My time with the 2014 Camaro Z/28 and SS at the New York Auto Show (long)

6 Attachment(s)
Hey all, As some of you may know i was chosen as one of 50 special selected Camaro enthusiast to take part in press day at the New York Auto show. First off i want to Thank Al,Scott and Team Camaro for inviting me to this event, it was truly a honor to be there and i will never forget it for the rest of my life.

Soo where were you on 3/27/13?? I was sitting at the end of the end of the 3rd row towrds the center in the chevy display were all the press were sitting. I was 1 row away from Ed welburn, Mark Reuss and many other eginners and designers.....I thought i just was going to see the 2014 camaro redesgin and some other chevorlet products but i was wrong....it started with this lady coming around and giving earplugs out...i said to myself they are probobly going to rev the engines and dont want your ear drums to go dead.....they actually gave them out because at live reveals the noise of the speakers blasting all the sounds of the chevorlet video clips is soo loud. We watched mark talk about chevorlet and they brought out the SS seadan and then the corvette vert then the 2014 camaro i figured thats it....then mark says the words i will never forget "we have something very special to show you" I take a gulp of air and immediately smell fuel and have goose bumps. We watch the clip of the white camaro reving then the image of Z/28 comes up, they roll the car out and the crowd goes wild (see video) It was great and the car looked fantastic......he then invites us to come on stage and look at the car and get some pics...i sprinted to the stage (almost got trampled) and took 400pics of the Z28 i had a great spot right up front with cameras and people surrounding me. Soo enfough about me lets talk about the car.

First i would like to say when i saw pics of the rear and front i hated it. I can now proudly say after seeing the car in person it looks fantastic and very aggresive. The lights are leds in the rear they did change the headlights and that color as shown on the Z/28 will not make it to production as of now.....also the color on the 2014 camaro ss model is new and looks killer in person! I then sat in the long anticipated recaro seats and man were they comfortable, they wraped around your body soo well you can not move around when going into a corner at 150mph......now the best part under the hood a LS7 that sounds awesome and is very powerful the engine bay looks very neat and clean and everything flows well. The exterior of the car is my favorite part with a new front splitter and a larger rear spoiler that puts alot of downforce when you are on the track or even on the highway. Now to the SS coupe the one thing that i love the most is the new Rs headlights....you might not be able to tell but they put the word CAMARO inside the turn signal section of the headlight. I also love the new tailights they are bright and will be very recognizable when you pull up behind the new camaro. One thing that cought my eye when i was talking to scott i looked under the car and they painted the exaust cans black and they blend into the car much better now.

After the show Team camaro invited us to dinner and i got to sit with Mark dickens and Lerick Chissus 2 very important eginneers at gm that are on team camaro i got a wealth of information about the Z/28 and other stuff. Mark said he drove one of the first Z28's and he said it handles great and there is plenty of power....I hope eveyone enjoyed the surprise yesterday! Here are some pics o btw i am the kid in the white camaro shirt to the left of scott in the pic.

KEY DETAILS
- the matte white will not make it to production
- the z/28 will be more expensive than a zl1
- very limited production
- V6 cars will not have the air extractor
- Recarro seats will be an option on ss and zl1 Not sure about v6
- v6 cars will have there own uniqe fascia
- the painted mufflers might not make it to production (camaro5 tell gm you want it and they will deliver)
- 1le will carry over to the 2014 model year as well as Zl1
- ALL export camaros will have the same taillights and headlights as the usa camaros (mirrors will be diffrent to meet rules across the pond)

Part1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP4UzkJ54Qk

Part2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q_c_ukXhO4

camaro2lt 03-28-2013 09:33 PM

11 Attachment(s)
more pics

FINALLYSATISFIED 03-28-2013 09:37 PM

Congrats and thanks for the pictures. I love the color of it hopefully that makes it into production or atleast a special edition of some sort for other models.

OldScoolCamaro 03-28-2013 09:38 PM

......holy smokes!. Smiles all around with the big wigs to boot! Now that's reallllly sweet! It looks great. We need more pics!

350 HRSS 03-28-2013 09:39 PM

Great pics! It was great meeting you at the event and last night at dinner :)

What an amazing day for us, huh?

Angrybird 12 03-28-2013 09:39 PM

Cool story and pictures...one question, I noticed the Z/28 does not have any Camaro emblems on it, did anyone mention why?

OldScoolCamaro 03-28-2013 09:42 PM

...all I can say, if you lucky enough to be the guy to get an allocation for this ride....you will be in like Flint....

77rs 03-28-2013 09:49 PM

That photo of the taillights, where it angles down, looks very close to the same sloping angle of the '74-'77's

camaro2lt 03-28-2013 09:54 PM

12 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 6351841)
Cool story and pictures...one question, I noticed the Z/28 does not have any Camaro emblems on it, did anyone mention why?

funny you ask that i was wondering the same thing but never got a chance to ask....the white car is a preproduction car soo maybe camaro emblems might make when they start making them.....trying to post as many pics as i can

Angrybird 12 03-28-2013 10:00 PM

At least it does say Camaro on the engine cover...

OldScoolCamaro 03-28-2013 10:04 PM

Becky must be lovin' that white Z/28 configuration....man that is just an awesome looking ride...<makes me wanna hop a train and go see it for myself>:nod:

camaro2lt 03-28-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS (Post 6351835)
Great pics! It was great meeting you at the event and last night at dinner :)

What an amazing day for us, huh?

great meeting you too! yes it was great i will never forget that for the rest of my life.

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 03-28-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro (Post 6351981)
Becky must be lovin' that white Z/28 configuration....man that is just an awesome looking ride...<makes me wanna hop a train and go see it for myself>:nod:

White.....Looked Awesome!!!!
:thumbsup:

It was Great to see you Richie!!!!
:love: :love: :love: :love:

Awesome Pics!!!

:thumbup:

Becky

2010 SSRS 03-28-2013 10:15 PM

thank you for posting all these pics and the info, I love the new look of the Camaros and you have made me love them even more with these awesome pics and info, you are one of the greatest Camaro enthusiasts, and with the GM knowledge you have learned, I would love to see you be a GM representative someday, thank you again for this excellent thread.