Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Want to get a Maggie.....but still need advice (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63329)

BlownSS 01-30-2010 10:27 AM

Want to get a Maggie.....but still need advice

I have decided that i am going to install/have installed a Maggie supercharger. I am pretty sure that I can get one installed and tuned ready to go on the road for about 7 grand. I have seen alot of the tuners having install specials. My questions center around warranty and quality of install.
Any insight is appreciated.

1..Can this be installed in my garage?

2..If it says that it comes with a warranty, who does the warranty work if i am not in the same state as the people that did the install?

3..does the warranty include just the supercharger components or the whole powertrain?

4..is it worth the extra money to have a company like hennesey or Lingenfelter do the install? Will the resale be higher on a Camaro with a lingenfelter package?

5..I already have a full exhaust that i love and a cold air inductions cai....can i use both of these with a Maggie?

6..there are NO tuners near me (Lincoln Nebraska) without breaking the bank, where is the best place to have it shipped and about how much would shipping be ?

Thanks in advance. Any vendors please feel free to pm me to keep this thread unclogged.

Andy@Livernois 01-30-2010 12:52 PM

Thank you for the recommendation Alex, I am very glad to have been able to assist you with the transformation of your car.

In regards to warranties; We have different option's for that, some of which include 3/36k warranties. As far as the standard magnacharger warranty goes, it only covers the supercharger and related components, and their powertrain warranty is not valid with any CAI, headers, pulley upgrades, or custom tunes.

I know we have spoken in the past, and as always please let me know if you would like me to work together a quote for you.

Thank you,
Andy Ricketts
Vehicle Service Supervisor
Livernois Motorsports

Shooter1 01-30-2010 01:19 PM

recommendation

I second DNA's suggestion. The transport version of the deal is not as coslty as it sounds. To me; it's worth it for the great service you will get. If you go with the 3/36 and Livernois; you won't be disappointed. I am not saying other companies on C5 aren't good as well but my experience with Andy and the gang is personal. My package resulted in a 589 rwhp/533 rwtq L99 that I friggin love (If you can love a car. :iono:)

You are treated as a customer should be with them. Never do you get the felling like you are wasting their time; which I believe is hard to come by.

If you want to go a little less moola; look at their Cam package too. It drives stock (If you aren't in the go pedal) but sounds and runs awesome.

Sweaver on here is good to PM as well. We hope to run our L99's at the track near Livernois in the Spring. He's a good source for information as a customer as well. :thumbsup:

jon6.0 01-30-2010 01:21 PM

Seems like most shops charge about $1000-$1500 to install a Maggie. It's worth that for me not to hassle with doing it. Right now I'm on the fence about a TVS2300 for my GTO or wait for the Whipple 2.9L front inlet kit for cathedral port heads. The Whipple is at least a month and a half out.

sweaver 01-30-2010 05:00 PM

You know Livernois is a great company when their customers respond like this,
Those of us who have had the priviledge to have them work on our cars, feel other people deserve the experience of a first class shop!
I know I appreciate all the extra effort and time they spend on my build!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooter1 (Post 1431995)
I second DNA's suggestion. The transport version of the deal is not as coslty as it sounds. To me; it's worth it for the great service you will get. If you go with the 3/36 and Livernois; you won't be disappointed. I am not saying other companies on C5 aren't good as well but my experience with Andy and the gang is personal. My package resulted in a 589 rwhp/533 rwtq L99 that I friggin love (If you can love a car. :iono:)

You are treated as a customer should be with them. Never do you get the felling like you are wasting their time; which I believe is hard to come by.

If you want to go a little less moola; look at their Cam package too. It drives stock (If you aren't in the go pedal) but sounds and runs awesome.

Sweaver on here is good to PM as well. We hope to run our L99's at the track near Livernois in the Spring. He's a good source for information as a customer as well. :thumbsup:

I'm really looking forward to running our cars together :thumbsup:
I love my car too Adam, So does my 3 year old son, Aiden, He thinks my car is Lightning Mcqueen,lol,

Andy@Livernois 01-30-2010 06:48 PM

Alex, Adam, Stephen, Thank you very much. I am glad that we have the privilege of having customers as good as all of you! I can't wait til some rain comes through to wash the salt away and some nice warm weekends come around so the real fun can begin ;)

paul2010 01-30-2010 08:40 PM

I personally have found that some of the packages Lingenfelter's offer include new internals that are made for running superchargers. The service in my opinion is second to none. For me there are to many unanswered questions about how long the engine will last being supercharged with stock internals. Nobody really knows yet therefore I feel if I am installing one on my car I want forged internals to support the power increase and the best in the business working on my new camaro. Of all the capable shops out there I chose the one that stands out from the crowd. This is just my opinion though.

sweaver 01-30-2010 09:29 PM

Livernois is also doing forged internals on my build to support the power level,
I too chose the best in the business, And they didn't charge extra for their name either!

Shooter1 01-30-2010 09:42 PM

forged

Yes, they are forging mine as well. I think Lingenfelter doesn't forge automatically until the 650 package right??? Billyjk7 only wants a supercharger at this time so he won't be close to 650 with just a maggie.

Lingenfelter is good for sure. Opinions; everyone has them. We were merely stating our satisfaction with Livernois much like the LPE posters. We get the 3/36 just the same. You are right; no one knows for sure but it's sure buzzkill to throw in a doubt inducing post to what was otherwise positive.

jon6.0 01-30-2010 09:48 PM

A little off topic, but how much is the porting of the blower manifold actually getting you?

Shooter1 01-30-2010 10:04 PM

porting lower manifold

Jon6.0,

Truth be told; I don't have a good answer. It was a small part of 2 packages I did with Livernois. Maybe Sweaver or Andy with Livernois could advise?

Wish I could be more help :facepalm:

paul2010 01-30-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweaver (Post 1433219)
Livernois is also doing forged internals on my build to support the power level,
I too chose the best in the business, And they didn't charge extra for their name either!

I am not paying extra for the name and I didn't attack Livernois. I am paying for a service from the provider of my choice who states all the different available packages on the website up front with no suprises. They provide an excellent warranty and as I stated from personal experience that in my opinion they are the best in the business just search the web. Did I say anything negative about Livernois?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooter1 (Post 1433278)
Yes, they are forging mine as well. I think Lingenfelter doesn't forge automatically until the 650 package right??? Billyjk7 only wants a supercharger at this time so he won't be close to 650 with just a maggie.

Lingenfelter is good for sure. Opinions; everyone has them. We were merely stating our satisfaction with Livernois much like the LPE posters. We get the 3/36 just the same. You are right; no one knows for sure but it's sure buzzkill to throw in a doubt inducing post to what was otherwise positive.

I thought Billyjk7 wanted advice about having a supercharger installed. I also noticed a mention of Lingenfelter in one of his questions. I didn't see any question about Livernois? It would almost apear that the thread has been hijacked by Livernois as I recall the thread starter included this statement "Thanks in advance. Any vendors please feel free to pm me to keep this thread unclogged" in his original question????

Christiancoach 01-30-2010 10:21 PM

Livernois = :thumbsup: :thumbup: :headbang: :respekt:

sweaver 01-30-2010 11:04 PM

[QUOTE=paul2010;1433363]I am not paying extra for the name and I didn't attack Livernois. I am paying for a service from the provider of my choice who states all the different available packages on the website up front with no suprises. They provide an excellent warranty and as I stated from personal experience that in my opinion they are the best in the business just search the web. Did I say anything negative about Livernois?

Easy killer, I didn't attack LPE, I didn't even mention them, You were insuating Livernois does not offer forged internals and they do!
There is no suprises with Livernois, because they let you customize your own package specific to the build you want, and how you want it!
And offer the same warranty option,
So don't acuse me of attacking anyone, I'm done with ya:respekt: