Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   6 Months waiting for a big disapointment uggh!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254130)

pumpkinrancho 10-06-2012 10:57 PM

6 Months waiting for a big disapointment uggh!!

:facepalm:So way back in May I ordered a 2013 ZL1. Rally Yellow M6. Been waiting ever since. Thursday the dealer called and said the car came in and they were going to PDI it and it would be ready to pick up yesterday. I had to work at our Colorado store so I was unable to go get it yesterday, however I sent a spy to check on the car for me and he sent me a video of the car,(and offered to buy it if I didn't (LOL)) Anyway between his I phone and my droid the video came out like a postage stamp, however I thought I saw a liscense plate frame installed on the front which set me off like no other. I immediately called the New Car Manager and left him a message as it was like 21 minutes before they closed and reminded him that he and I and both sales guys went over the rule about no front plate or else. Guess what he didn't return my call. Today I was again in Colorado for a biannual Toy Show that we exhibit at and didn't get back to town until 5, luckily they don't close until. So the head sales guy meets me at the door and walks me to the new beast which is pointed nose first out of the bay and sure as F**K there is a liscence plate mounted on the car. Instantly I get majorly pissed and he can tell. He starts telling me that they make some kind of color matched plug kit. You can guess how that went over. So I look at the car and it has 19 miles on it. Not great, however not to bad my last to were 13 (ss) and 11 (gs). So I keep looking. As it snowed here today I already decided I would not drive it until Monday, as we were walking away I thought, I wonder if they put the spring spacers in the glove box. So I went and looked. NOPE. So then instantly I thought maybe they didn't remove them. So I jump out and bounce the front of the car only to hurt my wrist as it doesn't move at friggin all. NO WAY. They left the spacers in. Well then the defication hit the rotary occilator. Immediately I went up to the new car manager who still hasn't returned my call and started in. I am like first off WTF is up with the plate. To which he replys. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Then I go did you here about the Denver Chevy store that totaled a black ZL1 and proceed to tell him about the spacers which he doesn't know anything about. Anyhow he says that the Service manager is not up to the task. (Like I didn't know that since there is still an outstanding recall on my corvette) Anyway now they are going to re PDI the car and fix the bumper and maybe next week I can finally drive my ZL1. Whats another week after this long. NOT A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION. Sorry for the long read I just had to vent....

Deke736 10-06-2012 11:50 PM

Sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully they'll get you all taken care of.

zogster 10-06-2012 11:57 PM

Ask for your deposit back and place the order or find the car at another dealer. You're going to now have a repainted front bumper on a $60k car. Find a dealer that is more responsible and takes better care of their customers.

Supermaro585HP 10-06-2012 11:58 PM

That would suck man.. Most dealers don't give a shit about your car. I would of told them they need to make it right with you.

jimmy5 10-07-2012 12:35 AM

If I were you, I would not be getting that car. Move on to something different.

hognutz 10-07-2012 01:13 AM

Take a deap breath. Make them fix the issue with the bumper. It sucks but lets face it cars don't stay museum pieces if you drive them.

They can body match caps, fill and paint, or put a whole new facia on.

I would not wait another 6th months for this issue.

Luckily I heard this happens to couple people and contacted the service department ahead of time. I think the would have done this same thing.

midnighter 10-07-2012 01:15 AM

Front plates suck arse!

pumpkinrancho 10-07-2012 09:27 AM

Yeah, i know its not going to be perfect, however in june i picked up my grand sport from this same dealerand they remembered not to put the plate on that one. You should have seen there faces when i offered to install the liscense plate frame on the trade in before i brought it in. They are going to fix or replace the front depending on what the painter says she can do.

parkerss 10-07-2012 09:36 AM

19 miles of abuse....Id reorder. Be there when it comes in. The car never needs to go more than 2 miles before delivery. Id bet there was more than 1 joy ride

stikSS 10-07-2012 09:49 AM

Make them locate another car matching your request and dealer trade it....

zkdreads 10-07-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stikSS (Post 5663940)
Make them locate another car matching your request and dealer trade it....

^ i agree(probably wont happen) but u can just hope for the best

Cevin 10-07-2012 10:38 AM

It would be interesting if another yellow ZL1 was in the state (without the front plate) and they dealer traded the bumper.

I live in a state without front plates, and some dealers still attach the plate frame. Go figure.

This front plate issue comes up so often, no matter the car, that the license plate frame bag should have a big orange sticker that says "INSTALL ONLY BY OWNER PERMISSION".

About the spacers, or any other unusual factory PDI requirement, there should be a big sign attached to the steering wheel or gear shift, with instructions for those specific requirements.

Come on manufacturers, it can't be that hard to help make the purchase experience a positive one from the get go.

big dawg 10-07-2012 10:42 AM

this is EXACTLY what i fear happening with my delivery! it's amazing how keen your 6xth sense can be! i'd make GM make the dealer REPLACE the front bumber. and they took it on a joy ride with the spacers still in! i don't know if i would take that car! hopefully you get what you want in the end.

Bad@ssCamaro 10-07-2012 11:12 AM

Isn't it appalling that you give them repeat business and they still have no respect towards your wishes.:mad0260: The incompetence is maddening to say the least. I hope that if you continue to do business with them that you torment them every step of the way, it's what they deserve. ;)