Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   New Camaro Z28 info from GM officials @ Carlisle Nationals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29766)

HINEY1 06-28-2009 07:00 AM

New Camaro Z28 info from GM officials @ Carlisle Nationals

5 Attachment(s)
As reported on Homepage

Scott, Cheryl, John, Al, design guy?(forget his name?) and John Cox
These are the people you should thank for bringing the Camaro back to life!
They were in Carlisle PA showing off the Camaro (which was easy to do)
They answered all questions from the crowd....which brings me to the Z28.

I don't want this thread to be a boring talk again and again about the Z28 speculation.
  • There is no doubt that there will be a Z28
  • It will have the Z28 hood (like bumblebee 2)
  • It will have a different grill which will include the chevy bowtie somewhere (top executive decision making here)
  • It will probably have a different rear spoiler
  • It will have Z28 emblems and/or graphics
  • It will have a high output engine LS ? something (as long as it meets government standards for fuel economy)

They want you to enjoy the NEW Camaro, the way it is offered now, for the next couple years
Then, the convertible will be out in the spring of 2011
Then, the Z28 will probably come out a year later

That's it! Enjoy the pictures! Just thought I'd share them with you guys

OH ya.....I threw in a pic of Sam and Bryan (2 guys garage) doing a seminar under the big tent

Supermans 06-28-2009 07:02 AM

Sounds good.. We'll finally have a GT500 fighter that isn't a Vette.. Marketing and all this should have been released at the same time as Transformers 2 though. I guess now they will coincide it with Transformers 3.

speedster 06-28-2009 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 627824)
Sounds good.. We'll finally have a GT500 fighter that isn't a Vette.. Marketing and all this should have been released at the same time as Transformers 2 though. I guess now they will coincide it with Transformers 3.

Agreed. It will be cool seeing a Z28 to duke it out with a GT500 and a maybe a Challenger R/T special edition. This is healthy competition that gives enthusiasts the performance they crave and the automakers bragging rights. (along with sales) :thumbsup:

Road_Warrior85 06-28-2009 08:04 AM

Just like I was saying before......

They had to bail on the Z28 package, but didnt want to hurt sales..........

So rather than let the public decide "oh Im just gonna wait another year and get the Z28" they had to completey call it dead so that people will buy an SS and then upgrade to the Z28 later.

I also think that they wanted Transformers 2 to be a big help on it..... but since that flopped, waiting till Transformers 3 will certainly be a better decision from the business side of the house.

Plus that gives them like 3 years to get some super efficient econo-boxes on the roads to offset the fleet average fuel mileage. Making it OK to have the Z28... and 3 years to redesign the motor to make 550-600HP at 24MPG

HINEY1 06-28-2009 08:12 AM

That's right.....ENJOY the Camaro NOW

They have a lot of work to do before the Z28 comes out

GRAHL 06-28-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 627832)
Agreed. It will be cool seeing a Z28 to duke it out with a GT500 and a maybe a Challenger R/T special edition. :thumbsup:

The aftermarket allows you to duke it out right now!

Verio 06-28-2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 (Post 627877)

I also think that they wanted Transformers 2 to be a big help on it..... but since that flopped, waiting till Transformers 3 will certainly be a better decision from the business side of the house.

I wouldn't call every theater in my region sold out for Transformers 2, a "flop".

RetroDude 06-28-2009 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Still, to me, I would rather have the "SS" now and add the cosmetic features of the "Z/28" when it becomes available. 400hp is plenty enough for me as I would bet if the Z/28 hits the 500+hp range, my insurance would simply be too expensive to keep it on the road! :(
I believe that SLP will soon be offering a Hood Scoop similar to ( if not the same as BumbleBee's ) in the near future so that will be just fine for me. :w00t:
I'm willing to bet also, that there will be a lot of Z/28 upgrade kits available on the market designed specifically for the "SS" due to the fact that most will not want to shell out tens of thousands more to switch later.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 06-28-2009 09:20 AM

So the new car out in 3 years not to bad this one was 7 years.

Indpowr 06-28-2009 09:29 AM

In 2 years I will already have a car that out looks and performs a Z28...LOL but would have bought the Z28 if it was out the same time as the SS.

manimsoblack 06-28-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 (Post 627877)

60 million on opening day (a wednesday) was a flop?

jeffclark533 06-28-2009 09:37 AM

i don't think you should call it a flop. just because a bunch of critics didn't like it doesn't mean it didn't do well. that movie has done wonderful things for the new camaro, along with giving chevy some much needed time in the spotlight. I just hope if they make a z28 it doesn't cost 50-60k, it will be hard to sell. SS's are already going for close to 40k after dealers are getting their hands on them and marking them up.

Hesh 06-28-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manimsoblack (Post 627971)
60 million on opening day (a wednesday) was a flop?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verio (Post 627950)
I wouldn't call every theater in my region sold out for Transformers 2, a "flop".

I dont think he meant the movie was a flop, that getting out the Z28 with TF2 was a flop.

Tonka 06-28-2009 09:43 AM

wanting to buy the z28 hood already