Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The Official Edmonton & Area Thread (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139479)

CanadianBacon 04-06-2011 08:53 PM

The Official Edmonton & Area Thread

So I've been driving around the city and I really haven't seen any 5th gens out and about. I've seen 3 here in Sherwood Park, but the one's I've seen in the city were all at the dealerships... So to all owners in the E-town area: feel free to introduce yourselves, and use this thread for posting pics, sightings, setting up meets, posting your Castrol times, chatting, ranting, etc.
I'm sure there will be lots of new joiners to the forum this year, so let's welcome them all!:chevy:

DJ ATOMIX 04-06-2011 09:29 PM

Today was the first day I was out on the road with the Camaro. Soo much sand and grit around, I'm taking it slow when driving the streets.

Shaun

bluch 04-06-2011 11:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have been driving mine all year. I'm still sitting on Winter tires at the moment.

2LT RS Victory Red

Hope to see you out there :D

Kitty 04-07-2011 11:26 AM

southwest of edmonton here. i travel mostly hiway 13, 795 and 616. i hate the city with a passion and don't go there very often, but if you do see a black on black v6 rs with transformers center caps, blacked out windows and soon to be all black bow ties send a wave out

my girl

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._2400270_n.jpg

me and my girl

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._2915118_n.jpg

i have a friend in the same area with a rally yellow SS with unpainted ground effects, and also an unknown inferno orange with unpainted ground effects that i've seen in the same area. if you are on here do speak up and say hi

bluch 04-07-2011 08:58 PM

Kitty,

Are you coming on the cruise this year? You didn't come last year did you?

Bond 04-07-2011 09:15 PM

Jeremy in Morinville here! We haven't hit the pavement yet but I hope the roads will be ready for when I get back to town April 18th!

The garage queen is a Black 2010 SS/RS, LS3, with custom white leather.
I can't wait to hit the streets!!

hot ss 04-07-2011 09:20 PM

ive been driving for 10 days....
tank and a half or so.

Kitty 04-07-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluch (Post 3068370)
Kitty,

Are you coming on the cruise this year? You didn't come last year did you?

no i missed the cruise last year and when i was told to come to c5 because there were lots of people in my area i registered specifically cuz i saw the thread about that huge cruise

i was supposed to be in oshawa this year, however i am unable to make that trek and booking the weekend of the cruise off to come and meet some local peeps

i honestly don't spend much time here and have to subscribe to threads just so i know when there are responses lol

hot ss 04-07-2011 10:19 PM

well hope youll make this one then!

Kitty 04-07-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot ss (Post 3068737)
well hope youll make this one then!

that's the plan. i'm going tomorrow afternoon to put registration on my car in hopes that i might be able to take her out for a drive this weekend

worse case scenario she will go straight from my house to the comp shop on april 18th to get her front end fixed from an accident from last year, then i'll have her till the snow is ready to fly again

hot ss 04-07-2011 10:41 PM

oh no, hope you didnt hit a moose, heh.

Silver Ice Man 04-08-2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 3068812)
that's the plan. i'm going tomorrow afternoon to put registration on my car in hopes that i might be able to take her out for a drive this weekend

worse case scenario she will go straight from my house to the comp shop on april 18th to get her front end fixed from an accident from last year, then i'll have her till the snow is ready to fly again

Oh God, I don't know that I could let her sit all winter knowing she was damaged:cry::cry:
Hope to see you on the June 18 cruise

Kitty 04-08-2011 08:44 AM

well the short of the long on the story

end of aug last year i was in line at a touchless car wash and this dizzy b*tch backed into me. she missed the key pad or something, slammed it into reverse and wam nailed the front end of my car. it's taken my insurance company this long to fight for me and get her company to cover all the repairs including my deduc. finally got authorization begining of march and booked her in for apr 18th in hopes the roads are good enough for me to go in

68 RS 04-08-2011 09:26 AM

Here is St. Albert now. The 2010 is still in storage.

However, the 1968 RS is back from the paint shop, now I'm looking for some volunteers to turn wrenches. Any takers? Can't wait until this build is done.