Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Stenod, Maryland Speed, My Mods + gains (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106467)

marticus24 09-17-2010 10:09 PM

Stenod, Maryland Speed, My Mods + gains

Props to Joe @ Stenod Performance, in Troy, MI. His shop just installed my Borla S-Type cat back, rotofab CAI, and Kooks LTs with catted mid pipe. I'm up 37 RWHP and 35 lb/ft. They did a quality job, tips perfectly aligned, and I have no issues or worries what-so-ever to speak of. Joe is very up front and will tell you how it is, regardless if it meant that I ordered my parts from Maryland Speed (props to Brandon - best price and FAST shipping) vs. him or chose not to go with something as little as a thermostat at this time. He also kept me in the loop the entire time as he could tell I was a fellow car freak. And even though they experienced some technical difficulties in recording, they were kind enough to have an available person shoot one of the dyno pulls with my camcorder since I couldn't make it from work. :w00t:

As for the setup - if you are one of those that is afraid of a little drone or noise, then this is NOT the setup for you. IMO, it's not horrible, but definitely there at certain RPMs. I love the sound of the exhaust, it just sounds mean and bad -ass, yet not obnoxious... no other way to put it. As for the power increase, definitely noticable. Pulls a lot stronger all the way through the RPM range.

Now my car sounds the way I feel it should've stock (although understand why it did not) :headbang:

Now onto contemplating how to convince my wife that I need a supercharger before we buy our next house... (thanks Mariano) :sm0:

Partial pull on Dyno with mods - not sure what's up w/the crackly noises, those weren't there when I play on PC, only youtube. Oh well.

mikeSS 09-17-2010 10:16 PM

i was going to go there or vector.. but i went with vector.... i know this guy with a procharged challenger with about 650 rwhp.. and he said stenod was really good also...

alfie43 09-17-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marticus24 (Post 2342804)
Props to Joe @ Stenod Performance, in Troy, MI. His shop just installed my Borla S-Type cat back, rotofab CAI, and Kooks LTs with catted mid pipe. I'm up 37 RWHP and 35 lb/ft. They did a quality job, tips perfectly aligned, and I have no issues or worries what-so-ever to speak of. Joe is very up front and will tell you how it is, regardless if it meant that I ordered my parts from Maryland Speed (props to Brandon - best price and FAST shipping) vs. him or chose not to go with something as little as a thermostat at this time. He also kept me in the loop the entire time as he could tell I was a fellow car freak. And even though they experienced some technical difficulties in recording, they were kind enough to have an available person shoot one of the dyno pulls with my camcorder since I couldn't make it from work. :w00t:

As for the setup - if you are one of those that is afraid of a little drone or noise, then this is NOT the setup for you. IMO, it's not horrible, but definitely there at certain RPMs. I love the sound of the exhaust, it just sounds mean and bad -ass, yet not obnoxious... no other way to put it. As for the power increase, definitely noticable. Pulls a lot stronger all the way through the RPM range.

Now my car sounds the way I feel it should've stock (although understand why it did not) :headbang:

Now onto contemplating how to convince my wife that I need a supercharger before we buy our next house... (thanks Mariano) :sm0:

Marty,
I like the fact that you took the time to research your decision carefully and then made an informed purchase. I am glad that it all worked out for you.

My experience with Joe at Stenod Performance was also very positive. I highly recommend them.

Good luck, I'll be seeing you around town somewhere down the road.
Alfie (Mariano)

papabearcamaro 09-18-2010 04:26 AM

Agree 100% on the Kooks/S-Type combo. There is drone but the sound it puts out is great. Gives that low rumble "old school" sound.
Congrats on a good choice.

skar 09-18-2010 05:14 AM

I will keep this in mind when I do my mods. Thanks for the info.

ITGuy11 09-18-2010 09:34 AM

Nice mods! I have the same setup except I went with the Borla Touring exhaust to keep the sound down a bit.

Did you tune as well? We should meet up sometime.

mikeSS 09-18-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITGuy11 (Post 2343728)
Nice mods! I have the same setup except I went with the Borla Touring exhaust to keep the sound down a bit.

lol can i come ? :drinking:

alfie43 09-18-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeSS (Post 2343736)
lol can i come ? :drinking:

Name the place and time...I'll be there also.
Alfie

marticus24 09-18-2010 04:19 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

If you guys want to meet up, I'm game. I'm in SouthEast MI (downriver) but am willing to drive... as long as it's not raining :).

Also - ITGuy - I'm going to guess you're in the IT field (don't ask me why :))... so we may have a thing or two in common outside of driving the best car in the wolrd seeing that I'm also in the same field :thumbup:

marticus24 09-18-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITGuy11 (Post 2343728)

Yes tuned to get the AF ratios back in check after the headers/intake.

mikeSS 09-18-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfie43 (Post 2343755)
Name the place and time...I'll be there also.
Alfie

we really should get some camaros together... sometime i am sure you could get like 4-5 it would be pretty cool