Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   airaid throttle body spacer and cai (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257651)

ilikeplastidip 10-25-2012 11:16 PM

airaid throttle body spacer and cai

has any body installed the TB space and put a CAI on their car any issues fitment etc.?

Lil' Nasty 10-25-2012 11:26 PM

It's garbage...but that's my opinion....

lscamaro 10-25-2012 11:49 PM

It's been proven that throttle body spacers do nothing for power

Wooden Heart 10-26-2012 04:28 AM

I thought it was supposed to give you a litte more pick-up off the line.

ChibiBlackSheep 10-26-2012 09:13 AM

They make great points to tap for nitrous, that's about all I would use one for.

pgustavson 10-26-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooden Heart (Post 5739347)
I thought it was supposed to give you a litte more pick-up off the line.

Maybe back in the day on engines with carburetors or throttle-body injection; since it increased the plenum volume and promoted better mixing of the fuel and air. Since direct-injection engines don't add fuel at the throttle body, the spacer won't have the above mentioned effect.

Now there is a VERY contentious (at least it was when I stopped reading it) thread in the V8 section regarding Vararam's Power Wedge TB spacer that apparently promises some modest gains (8 -12 HP) by adjusting the angle of the throttle body w/r to the flow and some TB repositioning as well. Vararam states that in increases flow. Not really sure the gains are always seen by everyone though, given individual set-ups, etc. Whether they're working on anything for the LLT/LFX, or if the concept would even work on the LLT/LFX is unknown to me.

Lil' Nasty 10-26-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgustavson (Post 5740508)
Maybe back in the day on engines with carburetors or throttle-body injection; since it increased the plenum volume and promoted better mixing of the fuel and air. Since direct-injection engines don't add fuel at the throttle body, the spacer won't have the above mentioned effect.

Now there is a VERY contentious (at least it was when I stopped reading it) thread in the V8 section regarding Vararam's Power Wedge TB spacer that apparently promises some modest gains (8 -12 HP) by adjusting the angle of the throttle body w/r to the flow and some TB repositioning as well. Vararam states that in increases flow. Not really sure the gains are always seen by everyone though, given individual set-ups, etc. Whether they're working on anything for the LLT/LFX, or if the concept would even work on the LLT/LFX is unknown to me.

This is true on the Vararam.....but I talked to Tracy about it and he said once the ECU relearned the spacer it provided no gains