Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Ported intake manifold questions? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336439)

Peter-5 01-09-2014 03:25 PM

Ported intake manifold questions?

I'm looking to buy a ported intake manifold but I had a few questions about it. Like what's the difference between the rx and mace manifolds? I got a hold of mace about info for there's but who do I get ahold of for info about the rx manifold??? Also is there any major gain between the two? Has Anyone seen any gains with porting them?

lscamaro 01-09-2014 07:04 PM

AVOID RX LIKE THE PLAGUE.

There are dyno sheets with the MACE gains. Let me see if I can find them. But if I remember correctly it was a 15 hp gain with the manifold.

Peter-5 01-09-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 7323826)
AVOID RX LIKE THE PLAGUE.

There are dyno sheets with the MACE gains. Let me see if I can find them. But if I remember correctly it was a 15 hp gain with the manifold.

Why what's wrong with rx?? And yea I know with just ported it's +15 and w/ ported and iceolater it's like +30.

'11CamaroLS 01-10-2014 12:53 AM

Do a search for Rx on the forums, I'm sure it will come up with all the problems members have had with them lol vendors don't get banned for no reason

rtcat600man 01-10-2014 04:54 AM

I bought a used RX manifold from one of the other members here on this forum. You can contact Tracy at RX performance. He can hook you up with one. I have no issues with the manifold I recieved.

http://www.revxtreme.com/

Peter-5 01-10-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '11CamaroLS (Post 7324605)
Do a search for Rx on the forums, I'm sure it will come up with all the problems members have had with them lol vendors don't get banned for no reason

So you would recommend mace over rx??

Peter-5 01-10-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtcat600man (Post 7324694)
I bought a used RX manifold from one of the other members here on this forum. You can contact Tracy at RX performance. He can hook you up with one. I have no issues with the manifold I recieved.

http://www.revxtreme.com/

Did you feel any gains or have a before and after chart?

rtcat600man 01-10-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter-5 (Post 7326466)
Did you feel any gains or have a before and after chart?

I don't have any charts, but I believe there are some available, some searching would need to be done on this forum.

As for feeling the gains, as I just explained to someone yesterday, If your Camaro is making 312 HP at the crank or 323 HP if you have the LFX, and this product provide 15 HP (strictly an example) that is only a 5% (approx.) increase in HP. Can one feel that difference. I personally would have to say that would be difficult to feel, even difficult to notice at the track. The reason I say this is because 15 HP in theory would provide an approx. increase of 0.15 seconds. That gain can happen with just a change in weather conditions, traction, etc.

So all that said, is their an increase yes, can I feel it, maybe, am I happy, YES, I now know I have another bolt on mod that allows me to have as much HP as possible.

Peter-5 01-10-2014 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtcat600man (Post 7326836)
I don't have any charts, but I believe there are some available, some searching would need to be done on this forum.

As for feeling the gains, as I just explained to someone yesterday, If your Camaro is making 312 HP at the crank or 323 HP if you have the LFX, and this product provide 15 HP (strictly an example) that is only a 5% (approx.) increase in HP. Can one feel that difference. I personally would have to say that would be difficult to feel, even difficult to notice at the track. The reason I say this is because 15 HP in theory would provide an approx. increase of 0.15 seconds. That gain can happen with just a change in weather conditions, traction, etc.

So all that said, is their an increase yes, can I feel it, maybe, am I happy, YES, I now know I have another bolt on mod that allows me to have as much HP as possible.

Ok I understand thanks a bunch for the info I'm deffeiantly considering one now!!!

PieNsky 01-10-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '11CamaroLS (Post 7324605)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335288

Peter-5 01-11-2014 05:43 PM

So does this mean no one makes a good ported IM??? I need help guys I don't want any leaks, cracks, or any payment/shipping issues. Has anyone had any luck with there Ported IM beside the member that said his rx one was fine.

KMPrenger 01-11-2014 06:03 PM

Nothing wrong with my MACE ported IM, but I've heard they are hard to get anymore...not sure if they are available or not?

As for power gains...there may have been gains, but really difficult for me to notice much when I installed it.

MagnumForceGB 01-11-2014 06:16 PM

I have the Stage 4 Ported Intake Manifold from MACE, had problems at first since I put mine through extreme pressures and heat, now the filling that kept coming off is holding strong. For gains I know I'm getting more air into the chamber with the ported manifold, my AFR was leaner than with the stock manifold. But I have a supercharger and other heavy mods.

For the RX one... I'm not going to comment on it. If you do get one, make sure you a tune.

Jason@JacFab 01-11-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB (Post 7328957)
I have the Stage 4 Ported Intake Manifold from MACE, had problems at first since I put mine through extreme pressures and heat, now the filling that kept coming off is holding strong. For gains I know I'm getting more air into the chamber with the ported manifold, my AFR was leaner than with the stock manifold. But I have a supercharger and other heavy mods.

For the RX one... I'm not going to comment on it. If you do get one, make sure you a tune.

+1, If you have a bunch of other bolt ons you should consider a tune. Our current testing of our new style manifold spacer and ported intake on the LFX showed appx .4-.5 leaner from the additional airflow.