Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Questions about exhaust mods in Montréal area? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353079)

Greg_mtl 04-15-2014 11:05 AM

Questions about exhaust mods in Montréal area?

Hi everyone,

like many others, i would like to exchange my stock exhaust. (axle back)
I read lot of things and subjets everywhere on the forum and on internet. (the page with all the youtube likes)

But it still difficult to make a right opinion, specialy about the real sound of the exhaust.

Lot of people a very happy about the MRT v2.0, but on youtube, the sound of corsa or borla looks better...

I'm looking for an exhaust more aggressive than the stock, specialy at low rpm, but no so loud when i drive at regular speed because i don't wanna have trouble with the police (opération trompette ^^).
i don't know if the cops are looking for the v6 exhaust mods.

My questions are :

- if some people are close to Montréal and if you have modifications on you exhaust system, is it possible to meet you for ear the real sound of this mod?

- what are your exhaust mods, do you like it, how much is it?

- do you know a good place for this kind of modification?

- my car is under warranty, is it ok if i just exchange my mufflers?

Thanks a lot

RickRay 04-15-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg_mtl (Post 7582671)
Hi everyone,

like many others, i would like to exchange my stock exhaust. (axle back)
I read lot of things and subjets everywhere on the forum and on internet. (the page with all the youtube likes)

But it still difficult to make a right opinion, specialy about the real sound of the exhaust.

Lot of people a very happy about the MRT v2.0, but on youtube, the sound of corsa or borla looks better...

I'm looking for an exhaust more aggressive than the stock, specialy at low rpm, but no so loud when i drive at regular speed because i don't wanna have trouble with the police (opération trompette ^^).
i don't know if the cops are looking for the v6 exhaust mods.

My questions are :

- if some people are close to Montréal and if you have modifications on you exhaust system, is it possible to meet you for ear the real sound of this mod?

- what are your exhaust mods, do you like it, how much is it?

- do you know a good place for this kind of modification?

- my car is under warranty, is it ok if i just exchange my mufflers?

Thanks a lot

Greg the meets will start soon and there you will have choices...check out the thread for more info
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336123

Greg_mtl 04-17-2014 08:34 AM

No problem and with pleasure, i'll be available next week, after buying my new tires. Currently 46.000 km with the stock p-zero ^^.

i'm very curious to ear the MRT v2 if some people have it.

RickRay 04-17-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg_mtl (Post 7588174)
No problem and with pleasure, i'll be available next week, after buying my new tires. Currently 46.000 km with the stock p-zero ^^.

i'm very curious to ear the MRT v2 if some people have it.

Where are you buying your tires & which ones

eblanchette 04-17-2014 10:49 AM

I have the mrt 2.0's on a convertible. If you don't go past 3k rpm they won't scream too much. but past that, super noisy.

Greg_mtl 04-17-2014 02:04 PM

i will buy tomorrow my new "used" tires from a guy who just change his mags, Pzero, 2.500km 500$. He said "like brand new"

For the MRT v2.0, if you will go to the MTL meet, i will be very happy to hear your car (or if i can cross your road before ^^)

RickRay 04-17-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg_mtl (Post 7589131)
i will buy tomorrow my new "used" tires from a guy who just change his mags, Pzero, 2.500km 500$. He said "like brand new"

For the MRT v2.0, if you will go to the MTL meet, i will be very happy to hear your car (or if i can cross your road before ^^)

For all 4 Tires or just 2 ???

Greg_mtl 04-17-2014 05:52 PM

the 4 ^^, super deal

eblanchette 04-17-2014 07:31 PM

Im in the east of mtl(rdp) but if often go to icar to drag and lap, free for spectators.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Greg_mtl 04-17-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Im in the east of mtl(rdp) but if often go to icar to drag and lap, free for spectators.
Tomorrow i need to go to trois-rivières, maybe can i say hello and hear your car in the end of afternoon (after 4:30pm)

just let me know. thanks

Greg_mtl 04-24-2014 11:39 AM

thank you Emmanuel, i think the MRT is too loud for us, i'm looking for more ''quiet'' or "exotic" sound (like infiniti).

i will try to hear the borla or corsa.

RickRay 04-24-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg_mtl (Post 7608181)
thank you Emmanuel, i think the MRT is too loud for us, i'm looking for more ''quiet'' or "exotic" sound (like infiniti).

i will try to hear the borla or corsa.

Or mine..SOLO = The Best :thumbsup:

Greg_mtl 04-24-2014 07:27 PM

Solo, why not. i know the solo Axel back on a the SS is amazing but i have never hear on a v6. have you a youtube or audio link. i just wanna change my mufflers

Greg_mtl 05-30-2014 11:31 PM

hi everybody,
after the great meet this friday, i have heard an SS with cut outs, just so cool.
and i think i will do this mod on mine.

some people close to MTL have this kind of modification (on a v6)?
what do you think about cut outs on a v6?

thanks