Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AAC Halos burned out? WTH (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187543)

martinezj454545 12-11-2011 07:21 PM

AAC Halos burned out? WTH

OKAY so today I installed a toggle switch to run the halos by them self instead of running then with the running lights on and by the way the look a lot better like this in my opinion. Well anyways after installing the toggle switch I noticed about 8 led on the fog light halo burned out and there not even in series? They just around the whole fog light. Well I didn't know it could be done but man I hope its something else. I don't feel like replacing the fog light halos . Anyways had this problem before?

The Stig 12-11-2011 07:24 PM

Contact AAC's customer service and I'm sure they will take care of you.

DraggnFrameGMC 12-12-2011 12:16 AM

Yeah, just happened to me the other day and mine are only about a month old. Had 3 white ones in a row go out. Just get with AAC and they will take care of you though....great customer service.

DuhKoDuh 12-13-2011 10:21 AM

Best customer service ive ever used! Just emailed a woman by the name of Melissa and she helped me without question! Very polite also!

The Stig 12-13-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuhKoDuh (Post 4157973)
Best customer service ive ever used! Just emailed a woman by the name of Melissa and she helped me without question! Very polite also!

See OP, I wasn't lying

martinezj454545 12-16-2011 03:36 PM

So i would have to take them out the fog lights and ship them or can i just send the whole thing over there? they didn't installed them but i really dont feel like going through all that hassle taking them apart again

The Stig 12-16-2011 03:43 PM

I'm sure you could just send them the fog light

GB EB 12-16-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinezj454545 (Post 4177147)
So i would have to take them out the fog lights and ship them or can i just send the whole thing over there? they didn't installed them but i really dont feel like going through all that hassle taking them apart again

If their customer service is as good as we're told you should be able to send the entire part over for them to fix..... it would suck if you had to pay to uninstall and re-install (or go through the hassle yourself) for their faulty product.

They have great customer service so I'm sure they'll take care of you.

:popcorn:

Shuffler 12-16-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011 2SS/RS (Post 4177185)
If their customer service is as good as we're told you should be able to send the entire part over for them to fix..... it would suck if you had to pay to uninstall and re-install (or go through the hassle yourself) for their faulty product.

They have great customer service so I'm sure they'll take care of you.

:popcorn:

Your going way out there with your idea of customer service. Most anything you buy that is warranteed will be the part only.

Go buy some lifetime warrantee brake pads. If they fail you will get a new set of pads when you bring the old ones in. They do not change them out for you. That is standard practice.

If a company installs something for you and warrantees the installation, then they will fix or reinstall if there is a install problem.

If someone just sells you lug nuts and warrantees them they will not come over and change them out if one of the nuts fails. They will however send you another.

AAC is a great company with some great employees. They stand behind their products. If they install, they stand behind their installations.

I might add that replacing the foglight halo is a straight forward process. The lense has already been removed once for installation. They use silicone caulk to seal it back up. To remove the lense you just grasp the edge of the lense and pull. The caulk stays flexible. Clean remaining caulk off both sides. Remove halo, it is attached with caulk, Install new halo with dabs of caulk. Then recaulk lense and situate it on the light fixture. let it dry then reinstall.

You do not have to remove the bumper to do any of this.