Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Pedders or Pfadt ? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58785)

Panzer VI 12-31-2009 09:33 PM

Pedders or Pfadt ?

Pedders or Pfadt ??? anyone out there with opinions on which of the two might be better, or what differences anyone has noticed. Have narrowed my suspension upgrade to one of these two...Thanks for any input

axis 12-31-2009 09:46 PM

Both are very good. You won't be disappointed with either, in quality or customer support. The Pfadt's are a 1.25in drop and are the perfect drop that doesn't tuck the wheel under the wheelwell. Pedders has a couple different drop sizes. All of them would be fine but the ~1.25in drop is the best drop on these cars, IMO. It may be too low for some places but if you can get away with it, it sits perfectly. The 1in drop is very nice too if you have some clearance issues anywhere you frequent. You can look around in this section to see some of the stances of the different springs.

Panzer VI 12-31-2009 10:07 PM

Thanks Axis, do you have one of the two?

JJ2010 12-31-2009 10:21 PM

I went with Pfadt and should have them next week.....

camarowa 12-31-2009 11:06 PM

Just installed the pfadt setup today

axis 12-31-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panzer VI (Post 1337070)
Thanks Axis, do you have one of the two?

No I don't. Only had my car for about a month now. I've been here for a couple months though and have seen many that have put both on and heard from both companies. I will lower mine in the near future and it will come down to who has the best price at the time. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either though. Both are VERY knowledgeable and give fantastic customer support. Both are also very active on this board. As I said before, you won't be disappointed with either.

RBD 12-31-2009 11:52 PM

Pedders is BEST...........

CGM2SSRS 01-01-2010 11:33 AM

Want the best one? INVEST some TIME in reading archives here researching others experiences. Formulate educated questions off others information. You'll feel much better knowing that your efforts resulted in your decision. This is part of the joy of,"building" a car to YOUR specs.

Jeanius 01-01-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CGM2SSRS (Post 1337934)
Want the best one? INVEST some TIME in reading archives here researching others experiences. Formulate educated questions off others information. You'll feel much better knowing that your efforts resulted in your decision. This is part of the joy of,"building" a car to YOUR specs.

:word:

:search:

SSchase 01-02-2010 01:35 AM

i agree with cmg2ssrs you have to look at what you want and base your build around that. ive heard good things about both. i ordered the pfadt sways and pre-ordered the pfadt coilovers because i feel they will be perfict for my needs. my car is being built as a grand tourer, so i did alot of research on the different companys out there and picked the one that was best for my needs. once they arive and i install them i will do a write up on the coilovers and sway bars.

Panzer VI 01-02-2010 03:47 AM

to CGM2SSRS et al: I have INVESTED TIME and have my own opinion. I asked for opinions and experiences of others, which I THOUGHT was a big part of this site "Sharing experiences and opinions".

Sterling 01-02-2010 04:09 AM

When I do decide to change my suspension... I'm going with Pedders. After reading everything I have about what is available, I think they have the best stuff fo what I am looking to do. I really like their extreme coilovers.

lawdogg149 01-02-2010 04:26 AM

Pfadt by far. I have these parts on both my race cars and the work wonderful. Arron Pfadt is a extremely knowledgable engineer that wrote the book on these and corvette independent suspensions. Nothing but Pfadt on my cars.

Mr Twisty 01-02-2010 06:08 AM

The Pedders camp has kept us in the loop on their zeta II testing, and have brought their numerous years of zeta platform experience over with them. You'll notice they're always here, glad to answer questions, technical or otherwise.

Pfadt makes good products... For the Corvette. I haven't seen much R&D from their camp on the zeta platform other than a skid-pad video.