Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   The Story of Penny, One of the Few Aqua Blue's! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207232)

2010ABM 03-03-2012 11:20 PM

The Story of Penny, One of the Few Aqua Blue's!

9 Attachment(s)
Well, after being told a million times by Doug(TAG) and Robert(SSE42SS) that I was in need of one, I figured I'd start a build thread. It's gonna be a long time work-in-progress, but here goes!

Back in March of 2010, I started my search for a new car. I had my eyes set on a new RAM initially, but after watching Transformers just once more, my muscle car itch started back up and I knew what I wanted. I test drove an L99 Camaro, and loved it. I went ahead and drove a Mustang GT and a Challenger R/T as well, but ended up back at my friendly Chevy dealer testing out an LS3 car. Months before all of this I had seen an Aqua Blue Camaro, and fell in love with the color at first sight of it, but after finding out that it was a discontinued color I just decided to settle for my second favorite, Red Jewel Tint. I went back to the dealer, rustled up an order sheet with what I wanted, and headed home to discuss it with the parents. I got green light from them and went to bed that night with intentions of going and ordering a 1SS/RS, Red Jewel Tint, with the BA system and polished wheels first thing Monday morning. Unable to sleep (gosh, I wonder why?!), I started perusing the forum at about 2AM. Somehow, I stumbled across a thread started by DonkeySlayer talking about an ABM 2SS/RS that was at a dealer in Pennsylvania that he had recently looked at. I started looking at the dealer site, only to be in awe of the beautiful car that I KNEW I had to have. I was up the rest of the night looking at the same pictures over and over again, waiting for my Dad to wake up so I could start BEGGING for the car. After he took a look at it, he told me to call the dealer and see if they had it and let him know what I found out. About a minute after Independence Cadillac Chevrolet of Bloomsburg, PA opened up, I was on the phone with their internet sales manager, who was giving me the best news ever, they had the car! Luckily, the guy who was supposed to put a deposit on the car on Saturday hadn't come, and was expected to be there sometime that day to claim it...but I HAD to have it. I made the deposit and awaited the papers in mail. After everything was all signed, sealed, and delivered, the waiting game began. It took about 2 weeks to find a trucker that was willing to pick the car up, and another 2-3 before it was picked up and brought down to Texas.

April 21, 2010, she was finally delivered. She'd been sitting on that lot in Pennsylvania just waiting for me to find her for over 4 months, and I was finally able to call her mine. Her name was to be Penny, for an obvious reason, and boy was she a "pretty Penny"! She was delivered to Cavender Chevrolet, in Boerne, Texas, who did the PDI on it, got 1100 miles of dirt and transportation grime off, and removed that pesky dealer sticker for me. An hour later I was on the way home, having the best time of my life.

Exterior Mods:
Heritage grill, painted by RiverCity Creations
Color matched bowties
MPD1 smooth panel rear diffuser
Chromed factory 20" wheels
Window tint, 25% front 5% rear
Brake Calipers painted aqua blue metallic
Color matched shark fin XM antenna
White grand sport stripes
Custom engine cover
Smoked taillights, sidemarkers

Interior Mods:
Metra Kit, painted by River City Creations
4-pack gauges painted by RCC
Kenwood DNX-7140 double din
White GM Accessories door panels and dash trim
White Steering wheel bezel
Emblem Pros dash plaque

Performance Mods:
Cold Air Inductions, Inc. cold air intake
Muffler delete
Hurst short throw shifter
Skip shift eliminator

Suspension Mods:
Hotchkis Lowering springs
Hotchkis front and rear sway bars
Hotchkis sway bar end links
Hotchkis strut tower brace

Braking Mods:
Powerslot Slotted Rotors
Hawk HPS Brake Pads
Russell Stainless Steel Brake Lines
DOT 4 Super Blue Brake Fluid

aquablueL99 03-04-2012 07:09 AM

What a great story..Sounds to me that you were to have that car no matter what! What a find!---One of the chosen few....Got to love the Blue....Congratulations and welcome to the club....:chevy:

SSE 4 2SS 03-04-2012 09:20 PM

Mike,

Great start.... and to think our cars are only two or threee days apart for a birthday....

I'll following along... Subscribed

Now, start posting the mods and things...

2010ABM 03-04-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquablueL99 (Post 4584853)
What a great story..Sounds to me that you were to have that car no matter what! What a find!---One of the chosen few....Got to love the Blue....Congratulations and welcome to the club....:chevy:

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 4588756)
Mike,

Great start.... and to think our cars are only two or threee days apart for a birthday....

I'll following along... Subscribed

Now, start posting the mods and things...

Thanks R....workin' on it, gonna sift through pics and stuff to try and put these mods in a semi correct order LOL

TAG UR IT 03-04-2012 11:34 PM

:clap:

It's about TIME you started a build thread!!!!

:D

But you need some updated pix, brutha...;)

2010ABM 03-04-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 4589322)
:clap:

It's about TIME you started a build thread!!!!

:D

But you need some updated pix, brutha...;)

HA. I know right! And ya, I'm workin on the pics...gotta gather 2 years of progressive pics and mods and start uploading them!

SSE 4 2SS 03-10-2012 07:27 AM

.... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... yawwwnnnnnnn .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... ....

pics???

:bolt:

2010ABM 04-15-2012 09:02 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Updated pics, including my new grand sport stripes!

SSE 4 2SS 04-15-2012 09:40 PM

Looking Good Mike...:D

2010ABM 04-15-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 4811552)
Looking Good Mike...:D

It ain't no 427 twin turbo, but she's aiight....:thumbup:

midnighter 04-15-2012 09:55 PM

She's a beauty! I love how it looks with the smooth painted rear diffuser. :thumbsup:

Dznts 04-15-2012 10:02 PM

looks great!

aquablueL99 04-16-2012 05:23 AM

2010, She is really looking good with the hash stripes and the chrome wheels. It is tough to improve upon perfection, but you are doing it....keep up the good work...NICE......:chevy:

1954 Belair-man 04-16-2012 05:44 AM

I just love that Blue, your doing a fine job!!