Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Audio cable pass-through? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27371)

vdob 06-14-2009 06:56 AM

Audio cable pass-through?

Is there a space to run the audio cable from the jack in the arm rest so i can keep my mp3 player in the cup holder while using it?

Merica 06-14-2009 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdob (Post 583135)
Is there a space to run the audio cable from the jack in the arm rest so i can keep my mp3 player in the cup holder while using it?

Your stearo will work your mp3 using its own knobs and buttons. No need to leave it out:thumbup:

Scott@Bjorn3D 06-14-2009 08:13 AM

Yes there is space. Since my songs are from Napster I have to use that.

Merica 06-14-2009 08:20 AM

:iono:If you download from Napster it wont let you use radio controls????

glambert1 06-16-2009 11:29 AM

songs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D (Post 583216)
Yes there is space. Since my songs are from Napster I have to use that.

all the music on my Iphone is from limewire and my stereo controls it just fine

Rogue Leader 06-16-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glambert1 (Post 589281)

Anything downloaded from music services like Napster or Rhapsody (not itunes) that is DRMed doesnt work on the car from what I have read. Napster has a plan which is $12.95/mo for unlimited music downloads but they only work on your PC and whatever single "PlaysForSure" device you have (Zune, iRiver, etc) they also cant be burnt to CD. And if you cancel your subscription the files no longer play after 30 days. Because they have DRM on them and the Camaro reads your MP3 player the same as a thumb drive the files won't play.

slick rick 06-16-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Check out how 67 GTO routed the power cable from the console, you could probably do the same for the Aux In cable.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24008

CamaroDreams07 06-17-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glambert1 (Post 589281)

Exactly because LimeWire, unlike Napster, doesn't DRM encrust their files. Since so few people still actually PAY for music or a subscription to these services, they have to protect their subscriptions by locking down their music tighter than Fort Knox. You never really own this music, you rent it because if you cancel, guess what, it's all gone. Use Limewire, mIRC, BitTornado, these are all free. Yeah yeah it's technically illegal, but so is speeding, and I'm sure none of us are going to do that in our new Camaros, right? :laugh:

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but there are programs available to get rid of DRM on these files available free online. I'm not gonna tell anyone what they're called, cuz I don't support that sort of thing ;) but I would say if you typed in "remove DRM from WMA" into google you might be able to find something.

tjd24 06-23-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

I have my iPhone USB cable running from the USB port to the iPhone resting in the cup holder - I am used to having it handy, for incoming call ID and such - there is room for a cable...

Gallery606 06-23-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjd24 (Post 613358)
I have my iPhone USB cable running from the USB port to the iPhone resting in the cup holder - I am used to having it handy, for incoming call ID and such - there is room for a cable...

What cable to I need to do this? I had a usb cable, but I received a message that my iPhone would be disabled for incoming calls. ????