Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Jan 2 Canadian UPDATE (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11200)

OUR72GTO 01-02-2009 07:22 PM

Jan 2 Canadian UPDATE

I got some WRITTEN responses from management at a dealer to a list of questions.

No IDL broadcast yet scheduled for Canada on the 9th.
No word on Ambient Lighting. (one way or the other)
He understands USA cars will be built 1st.
Mid Feb is still start up date.
Confirmation # ONLY given upon order ACCEPTED. (in Canada )
No known delays due to Lawsuit.
NO paint samples available in Canada yet.
No further updates for Canada since DEC 5TH.
He understands V8 cars built FIRST but not sure for how long.
Confirms SGC replaces spare tire on cars with spare

Seem's like talking to your wife's lawyer to find out what she wants in the settlement.:bow::bow::bow:

Matrix 01-02-2009 07:48 PM

Yeah its def frustrating! My dealer is like a deer in headlights when I call and ask him a question. He always asks where the heck I get my updates from and I always promote this forum. Woops better say good things about him lol!!

MrGazinya 01-02-2009 07:51 PM

It just cracks me up that we all know more than our dealers do:iono:

350 HRSS 01-02-2009 08:15 PM

I agree....my dealer just looks at me like...um, where did you get that info? When I told them back in Nov. that SS would be offered in blue, and the RS package would have the option of polished wheels, he was like, sure....then bam...it happens....what really freaked him out, was when I sent him a pic of the paint color brochure....before they even had any idea it was coming to them :laugh:

djsnoflake 01-02-2009 11:02 PM

OK I am Canadian also, and this is total BS. From what I have heard, no dealer in canada has gotten the paint sample brochures, and yet I look on friggin EBAY and some stupid a-holes are selling them for $10?
I don't know if anyone from the Canadian side of GM or even a Canadian dealership employee looks at this website, but you guys need to get your heads in the game. I have commited almost 50 grand (Canadian price, you Americans are lucky) on a car I haven't seen in person with colors I have only seen on other vehicles, and you can't give me a paint sample book or a friggin thank-you letter?
Also, saw that GMPP released prices on the accesories today, phoned my salesman and yep, you guessed it, no idea what the Canadian prices will be.

Shame on you General Motors of Canada, SHAME

Matrix 01-02-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsnoflake (Post 232517)
OK I am Canadian also, and this is total BS. From what I have heard, no dealer in canada has gotten the paint sample brochures, and yet I look on friggin EBAY and some stupid a-holes are selling them for $10?
I don't know if anyone from the Canadian side of GM or even a Canadian dealership employee looks at this website, but you guys need to get your heads in the game. I have commited almost 50 grand (Canadian price, you Americans are lucky) on a car I haven't seen in person with colors I have only seen on other vehicles, and you can't give me a paint sample book or a friggin thank-you letter?
Also, saw that GMPP released prices on the accesories today, phoned my salesman and yep, you guessed it, no idea what the Canadian prices will be.

Shame on you General Motors of Canada, SHAME

Yeah... like you I also find it hard to believe that an industry can be so in the dark and dare I say it borderline of incompetent. How can this be good for the industry.

I too have ordered the top of the line 2SS/RS with all the whistles and ordered from my dealer who didn’t even KNOW hardly anything on the car.

I run a computer company… if you came to me about buying a computer from me and I looked like I was stoned or YOU knew more about computers than I did… would you wanna buy? Or would you wanna leave it to be fixed?

And b4 anyone says find a better dealer I’m at the BIGGEST Chevy dealer in my town and it’s a relatively small town so I don’t have that many options.

Almost $50K and not even touched it, saw it in person, haven’t heard it, felt it. I’m not that worried cos I KNOW this is the right car for me. Heck we all cant be wrong about this car can we?

I’m not bitter that my dealer knows less than me cos information is power. I KNOW when I am being shafted and when I am not. This way I’m always 10 miles in front of my dealer and NO ONE there can pull one on me, I wont take any BS!! And THEY KNOW IT NOW!

It’s a small price I’m willing to pay to stay ahead!

Hylton 01-03-2009 08:22 AM

Most dealers don't have nearly as much information as regular members here. I find they also tend to BS there way through a conversation if they don't know the answer. I will send an email to the Canadian marketing team to get some answers to your questions.

Inspector 17 01-03-2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGazinya (Post 232368)
It just cracks me up that we all know more than our dealers do:iono:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS (Post 232396)
I agree....my dealer just looks at me like...um, where did you get that info? When I told them back in Nov. that SS would be offered in blue, and the RS package would have the option of polished wheels, he was like, sure....then bam...it happens....what really freaked him out, was when I sent him a pic of the paint color brochure....before they even had any idea it was coming to them :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 232775)
Most dealers don't have nearly as much information as regular members here. I find they also tend to BS there way through a conversation if they don't know the answer. I will send an email to the Canadian marketing team to get some answers to your questions.

I completely agree that it is BS the way that information is making its way out to dealers (both US and Canadian) and the fact that there is so much discrepancy in the information that is out there. But I do have to defend the dealers just a bit. We have to remember that we are fanatics and enthusiasts. Many of us spend hours on this and other sites a day researching the Camaro and searching for the latest information. The salespeople have dozens or more different cars to sell and many of them don't have (or take) the time that we do to research the Camaro. They may also not have the luxury that we have of talking with actual GM personnel on this forum and in person. Now, I am not saying it is right, I am just saying that we have to give that a little consideration when slamming a dealer.

I think that the way all dealers should be handling this is the way that my dealer is doing it. They have only one person who can talk about and take orders for the Camaro. That way, everyone gets a consistent message (right or wrong). I applaud dealers like Scotty and TeamLynn (and any others) that have made the effort to be on these forums, educating themselves and providing up with great information too. :clap:

ZYAL8R 01-03-2009 10:47 AM

When selling what seems to me to be the hottest car on the planet in a decade, one would think that GM would do lots more to educate their dealers on these Camaro's. Yes they have other types of cars to sell, BUT as I said this is the HOTTEST car on the planet and guess what? It is selling at MSRP. How many of the other cars/trucks on the dealers lots are selling for this. The answer is........NONE! No one ever pays MSRP on any other vehicle unless they are just plain stupid. The only reason any of us that ARE paying MSRP on the Camaro is b/c we want to be the first, we've been waiting so damn long on it, and did I mention it's the hottest car on the planet? So I guess it boils down to maybe I'm a little stupid for that. However just by paying attention to this site and not my dealer, I've learned tons about this car and I think that it should be kind of an embarrasment of sorts to GM and most of their dealers b/c they are not letting info. out as they should. All this suspense was kind of a fun little game for awhile, BUT now. Let's roll with this and talk about the car and what is absolutely DOES have and DOES NOT have.

I think GM now owes the success of this car to at the very least 10,000 die-hard Camaro fans who have ordered this car sight unseen. How many other cars in history can claim this much fame. I refuse to look up this info. b/c well, I just can't believe any other car can.

I will give kudos to the dealers like CamaroScotty and TeamLynn and any others that have maintained an awesome relationship with the consumers,(the people who pay the bills) and this site and GM. GM should have encouraged this sort of behavior long ago.

Long live the Camaro.

Rant over.:bangdesk::smm7:

The_Blur 01-03-2009 12:37 PM

Your dealer is still an idiot, even if that dealer is right some of the time.

OUR72GTO 01-03-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

This should help.

My responses came from dealer management rather than the newest salesman.

Why is there no IDL on the 9th in Canada ? And paint chips.... made here but N/A? I brought back from SEMA the only material the dealer has.
No update in a month?

We know more about the Jamaican Bob Sled Team for the 2010 Winter Olympics. :rolleyes:

VICTORY RED 1SS 01-04-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

..You mean there IS a Canadian marketing team?...who is it ..Bob and Doug Mackenzie?.
GM Canada really is taking it up the wazoo on this one if they are not promoting the Camaro in exactly the same time frame and fashion as the U.S. market. The argument is false that the market size dictates the performance in these matters. If the material is available it is available.

IF in fact Canadian delivery is intentionally lagged behind US orders, I will cancel my order in a heartbeat. Thats not a threat to anyone, just a fact.:mad0260::brokenheart:

super60 01-04-2009 01:17 PM

Ok for all of the Canadians out there who live in Durham Region, Ontario Motor Sales in Oshawa is the best bet for info and sales. Dana Andrew Golden is my sales consultant and is very well informed with regards to the new Camaro. Considering this dealership is six mins away from the Camaro plant and is the biggest Chev dealership around these parts ,they have a lot riding on the success of the new 5thGen. I'm always asking Dana questions about the car and he has always had the answer or got back to me asap, plus the fact he's a NASCAR nut really helps !!

As an employee of GM in the Camaro plant i want all of you to be happy and satisfied with your dealer. If anyone wants to contact Dana his email is dgolden@ontariomotorsales.com hopefully those in and around the Oshawa region will be able to get some answers and have Dana do a deal for your new Camaro's. As one person who fully believes in GM and Camaro i would just like to say 'Thank You' to all of you for supporting GM and the Oshawa team , you won't be disappointed.

djsnoflake 01-04-2009 03:12 PM

^^ not to sound like a dick, but if you work at the Camaro plant could you answer some of this for us? Like have you heard anything about GMPP canadian prices? Or maybe when we might get some friggin paint sample books?