Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   2010 Camaro SS -- NEW closeup photos of front-end!!! -- 7/11/08 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5024)

Tran 07-11-2008 11:40 AM

2010 Camaro SS -- NEW closeup photos of front-end!!! -- 7/11/08

4 Attachment(s)
Awesome closeup shots

SilverTurtle 07-11-2008 11:43 AM

very very nice!! :drool:

FIRST! :D

The_Blur 07-11-2008 11:44 AM

After seeing this, I don't know if I can get a V6. I need this car. :coolpics:

I like the yellow breaks, but they don't appear to say Brembo like they did at the track.

The rims look like 20s. They look far better than the previous wheels in my opinion. That gunmetal color is beautiful.

The headlights are gorgeous. GM did an exemplary job. The grill is equally phenomenal.

The mirror is as we've seen it. I still like the barely functional concept ones better, but these will do for sure.

If anyone complains about the foglights, I'm sending Suburbans over! :suburban:

Apparently, removing the front badge will not take the bowtie off of the car. This is disappointing for people who want to replace it with the letters RS or SS. EDIT—apparently, that black bowtie is on the grill, so it may be removed. I take back my previous comment.

The orange reflector is bigger than I remember it. That may become white or blacked out on mine due to its sheer size.

The 3 slots on the side are still not cut out. This is an indicator that such work will have to be done at a shop if anyone really cares to cut those out.

Raven 07-11-2008 11:45 AM

That black bowtie is sweet!

SilverTurtle 07-11-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 87783)

I like the yellow breaks, but they don't appear to say Brembo like they did at the track.

The rims look like 20s. They look far better than the previous wheels in my opinion. That gunmetal color is beautiful.

The headlights are gorgeous. GM did an exemplary job.

Apparently, removing the front badge will not take the bowtie off of the car. This is disappointing for people who want to replace it with the letters RS or SS.

perhaps the difference in brakes is Z28 vs. SS? ;)

those are 20s

I, too, love those headlights... and the turn signals beside them

not too sure about that bowtie removal thing... think that removing it might leave a large gap (remember, we've seen this grill with and without the bowtie, so it might still be removable) but the shape of the bowtie is going to still be there... I'd go aftermarket with a billet or matte grill and put the SS or RS letters on there in either white or silver ;)

Camaro Lives On 07-11-2008 11:55 AM

HOLY CRAP... HOLY CRAP!!! It will even look cool with a front plate!!! HOLY CRAP!!! That's the most beautiful car if ever seen IN MY LIFE!!! Please, dont bash the bumper too bad... or foglights. Once again.... HOLY CRAP!! I think I'm having a heart attack!!

Those hips are beautiful!!

chadrcr 07-11-2008 11:55 AM

"mmm sweet!" in Homer Simpson speak

RB43TD 07-11-2008 11:59 AM

Lovin it. That mutha just looks mean in the first pic.

RB43TD 07-11-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tran (Post 87780)
Awesome closeup shots

Are you saying it's an SS because of the front bumper or did I miss the SS emblem somewhere?

SilverTurtle 07-11-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RB43TD (Post 87797)
Are you saying it's an SS because of the front bumper or did I miss the SS emblem somewhere?

front bumper... no SS emblem present

nbjczk71 07-11-2008 12:06 PM

Happy to see those headlights! I was getting a little worried there.....

I wonder if that hood scoop is functional? It better be, otherwise I'll take mine without the fake cut out.

MemphisR24 07-11-2008 12:06 PM

I don't like the orange turn signals in the back...also it needs a flush spoiler like the concept one...Other than that it looks sexy

marticus24 07-11-2008 12:09 PM

I just may have to get it in black... though I don't like how you can see the muffs... and the orange light on the rear doesn't sti too well with me. I'd rather seem red all the way across. Is that a legality thing?

Otherwise :wub:

boxmonkeyracing 07-11-2008 12:11 PM

me likie. . .

bowtiedriver 07-11-2008 12:11 PM

love it, everything on the front looks amazing. good job.

but get that license plate holder off of there, that looks like dog crap. I know,I know, certain states require it, I just hope i can remove it and fill the holes. It will not be on my Camaro !!!

and whats the deal with those headlights and tail lights, if that is the combination that is stupid. I am glad to see that the tow hitch is still there, that way I can continue to pull my u-haul trailer. That makes up for the taillights, so maybe I will get it after all.

The_Blur 07-11-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marticus24 (Post 87803)
I just may have to get it in black... though I don't like how you can see the muffs... and the orange light on the rear doesn't sti too well with me. I'd rather seem red all the way across. Is that a legality thing?

Otherwise :wub:

As we've stated in other threads, those are necessary for some nations, like Australia, that require amber blinkers on the rear of the car. The US-spec Camaro will not have amber rears. They will be all red.

I should add that the bottom pictures do not appear to be the same Camaro. Notice that the brakes are not yellow like the top ones.

Chogan2200 07-11-2008 12:12 PM

no complaints here!!! Absolutely beautiful! I'm digging the black bow tie!

TriPower 07-11-2008 12:15 PM

The front end with all that plastic, especially the grills and lights, has a very low budget look to it. I liked the concept car, and I thought about adding one to my garage, but the production version has left me disappointed so far. I hope things improve.

RCowan 07-11-2008 12:15 PM

In the first pic, it looks like the driver is covering the entire dash...hmmm....

It's probably the sign that says "Shunt now in White car, don't tell ANYONE."

Camaro Lives On 07-11-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MemphisR24 (Post 87800)
I don't like the orange turn signals in the back...also it needs a flush spoiler like the concept one...Other than that it looks sexy

please read my sig.... dont worry about the amber lights.

ClevelandPlasma 07-11-2008 12:23 PM

Looks like someone beat those up pretty good. Nice way to treat that ride :mad0260:

Geno 07-11-2008 12:27 PM

Anybody got a guess as to how old these pictures are????
Dear God don't let them put that cheap looking silver grill in the production car. The black grill looks so much better to me.
Also, not sure I have seen those headlights before. They don't look like the halo. I'm sure the rear view is an older Austrailian photo with the red and amber lights.

carsismeZ06 07-11-2008 12:27 PM

I don't know if I like the grill on this car, or on this one

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources...maro-Black.jpg

Hylton 07-11-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 (Post 87823)

I prefer this grill over the one in the first picture.

motorhed 07-11-2008 12:37 PM

I know it's pre-pro here but i'm a bit disapointed at the fact that GM still for whatever reason cant figure out how to use projector headlight assemblies....at least this way people can upgrade to HID without having to swap the whole damn headlight. I guess i'm just surprised to see this but they will probably end up surprising us with a projector/HID headlight package as an option on the top end V8, so i'm not getting my undies in a bunch.

I know for most HID might not be a big deal but after having halogens in every vehicle minus my current car, i'll never go back and i have to have them in my future sportscar. :-)

chevydude26 07-11-2008 12:39 PM

i don't like the all blacked out grill and chevy symbol i want the silver

where are the halo's?

and does it have the large lower grille again?

no afterburners ...and that rear lower bump....

keep working on it....

camarosc35 07-11-2008 12:40 PM

Good to see the single headlights.

TAG UR IT 07-11-2008 12:42 PM

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!

And who was bitching about this bumper!!! I'm sure there will still be some who don't like it....as I've read. But, this bumper looks phenomenal. I'd almost have to see them side by side to make my choice. But, this is probably going to be the one that takes the cake.

Just LOOK at that first picture! Gorgeous!!!!! Love the all black grill, the single headlight look, the black bowtie....freaking amazing!

chevydude26 07-11-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 (Post 87823)

i think i like this one over the new one...

i just want the concept or the closest approximation to it as possible...

the new grille makes it look like a mustang or charger

Edit: on second thought i don't know...after looking at both...i need a side-side shot and hopefully we get an option

num1panthersfan 07-11-2008 12:49 PM

Nice!!! Loving the whole front end. Can't wait to get my hands on one!!

nfamous209 07-11-2008 12:55 PM

likin what i see here. liking the fact that both V8's will be sporten some nice brakes. possibly top dog Z28 will sport em in all 4 corners. that will be sweet.

The_Stache 07-11-2008 01:04 PM

Theres the answer to the front plate...

Other wise nothing new...

Camaro Man 07-11-2008 01:05 PM

"Oh my god I think ive just been touched by an Angel"...............
Sick headlights, sleek body

pinkcamaro10 07-11-2008 01:05 PM

halos?????? :cry:

I do like the new bumper, but i just dont like that there are so many bars going through the lower part.

MattG 07-11-2008 01:07 PM

Those bulbs likely are Halogens, but not HID's. A Halogen is not the same thing as an HID -- HID's use an electrical charge to ignite gas (often Xenon) in a sealed bulb, and do not have a filament. Halogen bulbs use a tungsten filament surrounded by a halogen gas (often iodine, or bromide) to help extend the efficiency and potency of the filament.

Hopefully the HID 'halo' lamps will still be available, as an option. If not, I suspect several 3rd party vendors will be all over that opportunity left sitting on the table for some easy revenue.

pinkcamaro10 07-11-2008 01:09 PM

im confused. I thought everyone was 100% for halos. thats all ive heard. so why does everyone love these so much?

Dont get me wrong i like them, they look good, but i want my halos.

chevydude26 07-11-2008 01:13 PM

why does the silver one from the tv show look so much better than this??

Ming 07-11-2008 01:20 PM

WANT!

motorhed 07-11-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattG (Post 87855)
Those bulbs likely are Halogens, but not HID's. A Halogen is not the same thing as an HID -- HID's use an electrical charge to ignite gas (often Xenon) in a sealed bulb, and do not have a filament. Halogen bulbs use a tungsten filament surrounded by a halogen gas (often iodine, or bromide) to help extend the efficiency and potency of the filament.

Hopefully the HID 'halo' lamps will still be available, as an option. If not, I suspect several 3rd party vendors will be all over that opportunity left sitting on the table for some easy revenue.

Thanks for the run down but i understand the technology. I have a non-projector (reflector) HID type setup on the TL and only image it get's better with a projector setup. What i was getting at is that if the setup were at least projector housings, you could buy ballasts/bulb kit and upgrade it yourself. :thumbsup:

Mr. Wyndham 07-11-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 87856)
Dont get me wrong i like them, they look good, but i want my halos.

Don't worry, yet. This still isn't a full, Production intent car. Either it could be Halos and we just can't tell, or this is a different light, perhaps meant for certain trim-levels but not others.

Besides, even Fbodfather was joking about "polishing his Halo headlights", so they do exist....

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevydude26 (Post 87861)
why does the silver one from the tv show look so much better than this??

Because it was still more 'complete' than this one...;)