Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2011 Camaro5 Fest (II) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Air Lift attending Camaro5fest!-Ride Along Opportunity (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138378)

Brian@AirLift 04-01-2011 10:31 AM

Air Lift attending Camaro5fest!-Ride Along Opportunity

Air Lift is excited to announce that we will be attending Camaro5fest along with our dealer and good friend, Eric Rammalaere from Victory Racing!! We plan on bringing 2 incredible Camaros equipped with our Performance Air Suspension so that everyone can get an idea of how well it works and how cool it can make your ride.

On Friday, I will be out on the big track hustling around a supercharged beauty that you all know from this forum. And as part of our “education program”, I am offering to take people out for a couple of laps to give you a first hand taste of what our air suspension can do!! This will happen on a first come basis, and I can’t promise that I can get to everyone, but I will try to put as many people in the seat as possible. I especially encourage anyone who is skeptical about the handling capability to sign up for a ride. You might just become a believer…

We should have spare helmets available so don’t be shy! I have 25 years of racing experience and will make sure you are safe AND have fun. Please send me a PM if you are interested and I will start a list for the ride-along.

In the booth we will have the kit displayed along with another car. Our guys will be there to answer questions and even sell you a kit if you are ready to buy. There will also be a free t-shirt giveaway (limited supply) so make sure you stop by and say HI.

The Air Lift crew is fired up to be a part of this event. We look forward to meeting you and making some new friends. See you there! :thumbsup:

DOH!! I forgot to mention one more great thing...a $200 mail in rebate on the Combo kit!!! And our other Modern Muscle kit too. See flyer.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_o...%20Victory.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_o...0/DSC_0077.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_o.../sidephoto.jpg

SS 2NV 04-01-2011 10:57 AM

I'm in I need to check this out and take a ride:headbang:

This would look sweet on my car:w00t:

Let me know what time to be there I'm Ready

CruznSS 04-01-2011 06:23 PM

I'm in, free in the morning, pfadt friday afternoon. Still building info for suspension upgrades so this would be great getting to feel this in person. See you at the fest!

WadeWilson 04-01-2011 11:51 PM

This would be sweet!

WHIPPLECHARGED 04-02-2011 01:58 PM

Looking forward to checking out the Air Lift Kit.

Brian@AirLift 04-05-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shardik2SS (Post 3043464)
This would be sweet!

Does this mean you are in for a ride? :thumbup:

WadeWilson 04-05-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian@AirLift (Post 3055857)
Does this mean you are in for a ride? :thumbup:

Definitely. :D :burnrubber:

thespymaster 04-05-2011 09:06 AM

Great product...........I would like a ride!

Brian@AirLift 04-06-2011 04:10 PM

Sounds great guys!! I am assuming everyone so far in this thread wants a ride and I will put you on the schedule. if you request morning or afternoon, I will accommodate that segment.

If all goes well, I could have a little surprise for those of you brave enough to sit on the passenger side! :yikes:

Anyone else??

ElManny 04-06-2011 04:48 PM

lock me in :) id have to do it after the pfadt course though. im booked for the morning

WadeWilson 04-07-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian@AirLift (Post 3062345)
Sounds great guys!! I am assuming everyone so far in this thread wants a ride and I will put you on the schedule. if you request morning or afternoon, I will accommodate that segment.

If all goes well, I could have a little surprise for those of you brave enough to sit on the passenger side! :yikes:

Anyone else??

I could do morning or afternoon. Just let me know. ;) I will definitely like to sit on the passenger side!

Nick

Brian@AirLift 04-11-2011 03:35 PM

Ok guys!!

Here is the ride-along list right now:

Morning session is 8:30Am - 12:15Pm

SS2ENV
CRUZNSS
SHARDIK2SS

Afternoon 1:15Pm - 5Pm

OUR BEE
THE SPYMASTER
EL MANNY

If you guys could PM me your actual names, that would be helpful. I plan on running the very first available session for instructors alone to shake down the car and learn the track. I am open for business after that! :thumbsup:

If you have a helmet that fits you, please bring it. I have a couple of loaners if needed, but comfort not guaranteed..

You can just meet me at the pit area and introduce yourself. And thanks to Gary, I will be driving this:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_o..._7996613_n.jpg

No silly..the one on the right! And maybe we will do a little of this:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_o...ry%20drift.jpg

In any case, we will certainly have a good time introducing you to the performance aspect of our air suspension. Be sure to stop by the booth and meet Eric from Victory Racing as well as the Air Lift crew: Corey, Jesse & Matt as well as myself.

SEE YOU IN ARIZONA!!

fourhounds 04-11-2011 03:42 PM

I am intersested in the morning run :happyanim:

SS 2NV 04-11-2011 04:02 PM

Air Lift

Alright all see you Friday Morning.

SS 2NV = Scott Sand

Can't Wait:headbang:

ElManny 04-11-2011 04:31 PM

my info. Manny Serrano. have my own helmet

CamaroSkooter 04-11-2011 04:38 PM

I take it y'all will be doing these ride along's during the HPDE event? I'm curious because I'm signed up for both sessions of the HPDE but I would love to be able to get a ride along in the air lift car to feel the difference.

Any chance y'all will be running on Saturday as well? :popcorn:

GearHeadPeter 04-11-2011 04:39 PM

I'll take a morning run if it is still available, and I sent a PM with my real name.

Brian@AirLift 04-12-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter (Post 3083099)
I take it y'all will be doing these ride along's during the HPDE event? I'm curious because I'm signed up for both sessions of the HPDE but I would love to be able to get a ride along in the air lift car to feel the difference.

Any chance y'all will be running on Saturday as well? :popcorn:

All you need to do is find me during AM or PM sessions and I can at least give you a quick trip so you don't miss any track time. I'll be running in the advanced group (assuming they do it like that) so if you are in the Novice group, then it can work perfectly. If not, we can squeeze you in anyway.

I think you can bring great perspective to the debate about air versus coils by riding back to back!:w00t:

See you Friday.

CamaroSkooter 04-12-2011 09:28 PM

Rock on :headbang:

bob vogel 04-12-2011 09:31 PM

wow wright my name down.....i'm in. i would be very interested in this set up.

sidthesloth 04-12-2011 09:33 PM

I can't make it cuz I'm still waiting on my car but I've been stalking this kit for quite a while now. Can't wait to hear everybody's thoughts on this! Take lots of pics:thumbup:

Brian@AirLift 04-13-2011 08:03 AM

Bob-you are in!!

Sidthesloth....pics and videos will shortly follow the event. I may even have a streaming video opportunity in the works...shhhhhh.

On my way!!!!!!:drool:

sidthesloth 04-13-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian@AirLift (Post 3090062)
Bob-you are in!!

Sidthesloth....pics and videos will shortly follow the event. I may even have a streaming video opportunity in the works...shhhhhh.

On my way!!!!!!:drool:

SSSAAAWEEEEET!:thumbup:

Synerbee 04-13-2011 09:18 PM

Can't wait to see you running the track a few times

Brian@AirLift 05-19-2011 12:53 PM

Wow. It has taken WAY too long to get some of this posted! This is a video taken during the afternoon session with Paul (aka fourhounds) on board!

We were running in the Instructors group so you won't see many other cars out there with me. That said, I have yet to see anyone's video posted that had a faster lap time than we did. We ran 1:12's a lot with an occasional 1:11 thrown in. Not bad for a car that was shod with 22" tires with 540 treadwear rating!! :D

While I don't have the data playing with the video, I had our Race Technology data acquisition system running all day showing me lap times on track. Problem was, the memory card was corrupt and saved no data...:facepalm:

So, we'll have to rely on video to capture the moments. I have more, just no time to edit. You should see the ones that show the passengers while I tool around....hilarious!

Anyway, enjoy the clip and don't let anyone tell you that air suspension cannot be used in a high-performance environment!! Ours certainly can.

Hot lap at Camaro5fest 2 with Air Lift Camaro from ALEngineers on Vimeo.
">Hot lap at Camaro5fest 2 with Air Lift Camaro from ALEngineers on Vimeo.

GearHeadPeter 05-24-2011 03:23 PM

Brian that was awesome video. As one of those passengers I can't wait to see how hilarious I was during the ride. All I know is that I still have that big ass grin on my face from the ride. Thanks. :thumbsup:

As an IT guy to make sure you don't have a corrupted data card it is best to format the memory card before each long use. If you do that any corrupted sectors will be marked bad and no data written to that spot. ;)