Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   1LE Badging (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255698)

tramtwo 10-15-2012 03:46 PM

1LE Badging

So, what are your plans to badge your 1LE? Looks like GM doesn't have a single one on these cars. :yikes:

Doglife1LE 10-15-2012 04:00 PM

This same question has been spinning in my head since I ordered the car. I'm thinking about replacing the small SS badges in the grill and on the trunck with custom 1LE badges or maybe on the hood, ZL1 style like another member was going to do, but I want the badges black and red instead of chrome and red. But if I put badges on the hood then I might peel off the black vinyl which I'm not sure I want to do. Just some of the ideas running through my head. :iono:

tramtwo 10-15-2012 04:08 PM

I went and looked AFTER I started this thread, seems like it has been discussed a lot but I have only seen one example of a 1LE badge. The other thing that I wonder is how do we refer to these cars?

When asked, "is that the SS?" Of course the answer is yes. Now when asked what will I say? I damn sure don't want to enter into a lame discussion with a non car person about what a 1LE is or what that means.

I think GM should have at least put the 1LE on the bottom of the steering wheel.

Doglife1LE 10-15-2012 06:01 PM

I would probably just say it's a SS. True car guys/girls wouldn't have to ask what model it is. People who know about the 1LE will know how to spot one.

dirkdoesdirt 10-16-2012 12:19 AM

Its an SS, with the "performance package"!

radametz 10-16-2012 06:02 AM

I'm thinking about getting a custom badge made from Emblem Pros to put on the strut brace, but I think that might be it. I like the look of it with the SS badges and wouldn't want to add on to them or remove them.

jameslk55 10-16-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x1sniper3x (Post 5699434)
I'm thinking about getting a custom badge made from Emblem Pros to put on the struct brace, but I think that might be it. I like the look of it with the SS badges and wouldn't want to add on to them or remove them.

Make your strut brace look like this:

http://freakwheel.com/wp-content/upl...1LE-Engine.jpg

radametz 10-16-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameslk350 (Post 5699543)

I thought about doing that as well! My original plan (and still a possible plan) for my 1LE was to make it look as close to the concept as possible, i.e. ZL1 spoiler and rockers, hash tag stripes with the black hood, black mirrors, cosmetics under the hood, and possibly the larger brakes in the long run. Still debating if I want to do that or go with something original. Chances are though, the strut brace will be black, it's just a matter of if it says "CAMARO" or "1LE" on it :thumbsup:

STINGER BEE 10-16-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Will this Brace fit the 2010RS/SS without taking the top strut washer off.If so where did u purchase it.

Ghost1LE 10-16-2012 10:20 AM

I actually contacted Emblem Pros about making some custom 1LE badges yesterday, I think it needs it since I'm taking the hood wrap off and adding stuff, thinking of putting one on the hood and one on the trunk instead of the SS. They will be Satin black to match the rims and maybe the 1 in Red to accentuate the brembo's. I think it will give it a nice addition and won't be overly noticeable or maybe just put them under the Camaro sidescripts. We will see!

stt816 10-16-2012 10:31 AM

here's what i would do if i got the 1le....debadge the stock ss in the back, and the chevy emblem. Then buy a big ss emblem on eBay (comes off trailblazer/impalas) and put it where the chevy logo used to be and have someone create a 1le logo and put that where the old ss logo used to be...That way people still know it's an SS WITH the 1LE package

Mikes SS 10-16-2012 10:43 AM

well that's because its not a model, it is an option package..just say its the SS with the 1LE performance package..seems simple enough

caverman 10-16-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doglife1LE (Post 5697557)
I would probably just say it's a SS. True car guys/girls wouldn't have to ask what model it is. People who know about the 1LE will know how to spot one.

Agreed....if they are asking if it's an SS then they probably don't know about the 1LE. Now, if I were at a car show and had time to shoot the breeze then I would probably explain that it has the 1LE package and what that consists of. Otherwise if it were mostly in passing I would just go with it's an SS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stt816 (Post 5700153)
here's what i would do if i got the 1le....debadge the stock ss in the back, and the chevy emblem. Then buy a big ss emblem on eBay (comes off trailblazer/impalas) and put it where the chevy logo used to be and have someone create a 1le logo and put that where the old ss logo used to be...That way people still know it's an SS WITH the 1LE package

I agree with this other than I would use old school SS on the front grill and in the rear and not the newer SS that comes on the trailblazer. I think a small 1LE where the SS is on the rear would be good.

Then maybe you could put another small emblem on the hood along side the cowl or maybe under the Camaro on the fender. Even that might be too much. I would just have to see it.

PYROLYSIS 10-16-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Is there somewhere you can send your brace off to get that done or do you have to buy it like that? Do you have a link?