Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Right rear left lamp check light. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217852)

spoone123 04-20-2012 08:48 AM

Right rear left lamp check light.

Been getting this check light while turning on turning signal. When I turn the car off and back on it stops. Any one have any Idea why? I took it out and check, couldnt find anything wrong with it. If I find it not working, the turning signal flashes really fast and only one right rear lamp works. So, hopefully you guys would give me advice on the problem. The car currently have 25000 miles.

BalogUK 04-20-2012 10:56 AM

Mine does the same- especially if I have bags in the trunk... just a quirk or lose connection somewhere- one day i'll pull the cover back and slide in there to tighten things up. 36k and just rolled over my bumper to bumper #

just another excuse to get out and walk around it while running and say "damn that's a good lookin car!" ;)

spoone123 04-20-2012 02:30 PM

I checked the wires, they're pretty tight

Moonshade 04-20-2012 04:22 PM

One of your bulbs needs to be replaced. Put your signal on and whichever doesn't light up that's the bad one. I just did mine a few weeks ago. I replaced both rear bulbs while back there just so I wouldn't have to go back in later. No problems since.

spoone123 04-20-2012 08:57 PM

The problem is it does turn on. Only when I turn the turning signal on

lrh131 04-29-2012 09:59 PM

I just did a post asking about this..... it sounds like my problem. The tail light works when you turn it on but the signal doesnt flash..... and I replaced both bulbs also. Mines is on the right. Let me know what you find out :)

CamaroDreams07 11-20-2012 09:42 PM

I just got this message on mine tonight and have exact same problem. Did you ever figure this out? Something as simple as a bulb?

The lamp still works, just no turn signal and the other one flashes fast.

Iwantone2 11-21-2012 01:49 PM

I was continously getting this message on the D.I.C. until finally the bulb died. It would light up but would flash pretty quick. Got the replacements from my dealer and haven't had any messages pop up again.

~Stacy~ 11-21-2012 02:18 PM

problem

I had that problem for over 6 months. I got rid of it took out of my stock lights and put in my led tailz;):laugh:

Chevrolet Customer Svc 11-21-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 (Post 5830256)
I just got this message on mine tonight and have exact same problem. Did you ever figure this out? Something as simple as a bulb?

The lamp still works, just no turn signal and the other one flashes fast.

Have you been to a dealership to get this checked out? This may be the first step you want to take.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

CamaroDreams07 11-21-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 5832568)
Have you been to a dealership to get this checked out? This may be the first step you want to take.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

I'd much rather replace the bulb first than go try to deal with my freaking dealership. I don't think either of us would be to happy to see one another yet.

Bulbs only cost $6. Worth a shot.

*Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety*

CamaroDreams07 11-21-2012 04:49 PM

Bulb fixed it. 3157k

*Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety*

ORANGE U NV 11-23-2012 08:35 PM

Yep, I've had to replace both bulbs on the rear driver's side before 35K miles. I think the system may be detecting the weak current of a bulb that is bad or about to go bad.