Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Considering a trade to a V8... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285603)

awfarley 03-28-2013 09:52 AM

Considering a trade to a V8...

...Tundra.
Well Camaro faithful, the time has come.

I recently got a Bryant ski boat and now I'm stuck in a sticky situation. My wife's Envoy is a strong I6 4.2 Vortec but it just doesn't have the umph I'd like to trust pulling a 3500lb boat and trailer off a slick launch. I've found a great deal on a 2008 5.7L Tundra double cab and I've setup to drive out Saturday and most likely drive home in it. The kicker is I just paid off the Envoy and don't want to add another payment so trading the Camaro is the only option I really have there.

I've loved my car since day one and she loves it as much as me. Yeah, yeah it's just a V6 but it's my first new car purchase and my gut tells me I may regret it one day. I still plan on getting a V8 model Camaro in the next few years for a toy so I haven't given up on the Camaros yet lol.

My dad has looked for his 69 Chevelle for years and regrets ever selling it. I know the two cars are a little hard to compare but I thought I'd ask if any of you regret selling their first sports car?

Please advise :noidea:

90503 03-28-2013 09:55 AM

No worries, brother...Family First!....There will be plenty of Camaros around for a long time to come...good luck!

nyrfan 03-28-2013 09:55 AM

IBTL. LMAO!

awfarley 03-28-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrfan (Post 6348240)
IBTL. LMAO!

Why would this lock? lol

nyrfan 03-28-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awfarley (Post 6348253)
Why would this lock? lol

It was a joke.

Sent from my 2SS/RS

awfarley 03-28-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrfan (Post 6348291)
It was a joke.

Sent from my 2SS/RS

I figured that, I haven't been on here much lately and didn't know if I missed one of those juicy trade threads that pop up every now and then.

GMTool 03-28-2013 10:11 AM

Well if it was me I would get a Silverado. Or sell the boat keep the Envoy and get an SS or ZL1.

biggerisbetter 03-28-2013 10:15 AM

tundras are nice especially the crewmax with the reclining rear seats and the loaded version with the air conditioned seats

vroomapunk 03-28-2013 10:32 AM

Now you have an SUV and a truck. Sorry.

Sell the envoy and get a truck. Then you have a truck, a camaro, and your boat.

Consider getting a truck that isnt as nice.

Boats really are a pain in the ass, and lose value instantly, so if you are getting this boat on a whim, dont.

But if you really want to keep the boat and the camaro, the OBVIOUS choice is to get rid of the envoy, and get a truck (make the payments work)

awfarley 03-28-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroomapunk (Post 6348451)
Now you have an SUV and a truck. Sorry.

Sell the envoy and get a truck. Then you have a truck, a camaro, and your boat.

Consider getting a truck that isnt as nice.

Boats really are a pain in the ass, and lose value instantly, so if you are getting this boat on a whim, dont.

But if you really want to keep the boat and the camaro, the OBVIOUS choice is to get rid of the envoy, and get a truck (make the payments work)

The boat is a 2002 that was given to me. It's got a 350 mercruiser with very low hours. The owner let it sit out and now its a quick restoration project. I'll have to put about $2000 in it and they sell for around $15000 currently.

I just hate the thought of having just paid one vehicle off and then taking on another loan within a month.

The trade in for the Envoy wouldn't be upside down either though...
hmm.

Ringo64 03-28-2013 10:57 AM

Toyota :shivers:

lol, got to get the vehicle for things you want to do and if the payment or car doesn't do what you need, time to move on. Hope you get back in the Camaro!

awfarley 03-28-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ringo64 (Post 6348582)
Toyota :shivers:

lol, got to get the vehicle for things you want to do and if the payment or car doesn't do what you need, time to move on. Hope you get back in the Camaro!

Yeah, I figured with the added gas cost I'd be basically breaking even as far as payment/cost goes.

I'd be losing the year of payments and down payment on my Camaro though. I'll know for sure by Saturday what I'm gonna do.

cam62 03-28-2013 11:06 AM

Whew.. for a minute there I thought you were going get an ss and put a hithc on it!

SimpleGreen 03-28-2013 11:10 AM

I would ditch the Envoy, IMO. Maybe get a slightly older/cheaper truck.