Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   The Camaro Supercar (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264886)

LS3 Handler 06-08-2013 03:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well after forgetting and leaving my window cracked over night and it raining the next day I decided to install some window vents. I had them on my old vehicle and they worked great. Idk how there going to do on the Camaro. They don't look bad and you can hardly tell their there. The only problem I have is they don't seem to over lap on the window too much so you cant leave a big crack in the window to let air pass through. Its not the companies fault its just the way the Camaro is made. On a car with the window frame on the door the vents work great because they stay on the door and can be made long to allow for a good gap. But sence the Camaro has the upper window seal made on the body it makes it difficult to make a good long overlap. Because the window vent has to stay on the body and the window has to pass under it to open the door. I found that having one person slowly open and shut the door as your installing it make the install easier and so you can mount the vent as low as possible without it hitting the window.

jdcvictory11 06-08-2013 03:42 PM

Your car looks really good. I really like the side Camaro emblems and that shift knob. What a great custom touch.

ChadG 06-08-2013 03:50 PM

Why is your sink full of marbles?

SAVDawg 06-09-2013 06:04 AM

Being that you have an LS, how where you able to install the guages in front of the shift like the SS?

lscamaro 06-09-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAVDawg (Post 6648065)
Being that you have an LS, how where you able to install the guages in front of the shift like the SS?

There's a plug and play kit

LS3 Handler 06-09-2013 11:52 AM

ChadG haha I had those in there cause I have a 75 Gal fish tank and I was using those as bottom rocks and I was cleaning them. and SAVDawg as far as I know you can get the 4 Guage pack on any model Camaro just as lscamaro says it plug and play you just have to order the right one and it takes about 10 mins to install your self.

LS3 Handler 06-17-2013 08:29 AM

12 Attachment(s)
This weekend I participated in the 3rd Annual Camaros for Heros event in Fayetteville NC and had a great time. First thing was a Cruise that had about 70-80 Camaros of various Gen's mostly 5th Gens though. On Sat. was the main event with a Car Show, 1/4 mile strip with bracket racing and a Mobile dyno. There was even a 2014 SS, the Tony Stewart Concept ZL1 and a new Touring edition ZL1 with a new green color. On the dyno I laid down 268 HP and 232 TQ and a best 1/4 time of 14.83 @ 95 MPH. I was knocked out in the first round of the bracket racing due to my tranny locking me out of 2nd gear again. It could have been my fault though I may have taken it a little past red line but im not real sure but the locking out is getting irritating. I also got a trophy for being in the top 50 cars out of the car show and with anywhere from 120-150 Camaro out there I was happy.

LS3 Handler 06-17-2013 08:36 AM

4 Attachment(s)
During the CFH event there was an auction where a got an amazing deal on a rear diffuser.:thumbup: IDK what brand it is but it looks good now I just need some bigger tips. But I did have a bit of bad luck as on the way to the event a car came flying past me and when it merged in front of me it through a rock up which chipped the windshield that now has a 6-8" crack in it.:mad:

PoorMansCamaro 06-17-2013 08:42 AM

good meeting you man! car is looking good!

Kartashian 06-17-2013 03:15 PM

Looking good man!! Keep up the good work... :thumbup:

LS3 Handler 06-26-2013 09:03 PM

Well I finally switched over and got Oracles 6000k HID kit for my car. OMG I can finally see now. I noticed that they still have the same beam pattern as factory so the lights aren't shining up into some ones face. They are much brighter than stock and the color is spot on white with barely a hint of blue. I also ordered the BI-Xenon style so I didn't lose my Hi-Beams. It pretty cool how the hi-beams work. It appears to use a magnet and a return spring. On low beam the bulb is forward in the socket, but when you hit the hi beams the bulbs retract into the socket via the magnet and return out when you go back to low. They didn't come with very good instructions for the install but all the connectors are one way so you cant get them wrong. I have noticed that for some reason when the lights come on when I unlock the car that the right side doesn't come on but after I start the car it does. I know that the ballast is a smart ballast and will shut down if it detects a problem at start up to prevent any major damage but IDK. But over all a great kit. With never messing with one before I was able to install it in less than an hour but if knew what I was doing it would have taken much less time.

LS3 Handler 07-05-2013 06:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I just installed my MRT V1 w/ Cerakote (black) tips and I love them. There's a little drone but nothing turning the Vol. up to 14 won't drown out.

lscamaro 07-06-2013 03:15 AM

It should mellow out after some miles

LS3 Handler 07-16-2013 11:59 PM

Well I installed LED Glows 4 Piece Million Color Pro SMD LED Kit and there 6 Piece Million Color Underhood Kit. I started with the interior kit it comes with the control box, remote control, 4 12" SMD LED pieces, and related wiring. The kit is real easy to wire. I put two pieces under the front footwells and put the other two under the front seats facing the rear footwells. The control box just has a red (+) wire and negative (-) wire so that's simple and has two outputs that support up to 4 12" pieces each. The pieces from the control box use USB style wiring and daisy chain together and the kit comes with more than enough wire for the car. The control box is small I hid it under the center console near the driver seat and use the remote to control the system, it uses a basic 4 button system. It can be bit confusing at first to control but you get it after playing with it a few minutes. Over all I like the system it has plenty of color control features and is simple to install and puts out plenty of light for the interior.

Now the underhood kit is basically the same. A control box with remote except the remote is the only way to control the system and one Pos. (+) wire and one Neg. (-) wire and a small ant. wire. The LED pieces are 6" long and water resistant but the control box is not I used some silicone and sealed any where I thought water could get in. The LED pieces have there own wires at standard length. The wires could be longer I was barely able to get the piece to connect to the box from near the air cleaner to underhood fuse box where I mounted the control box. I was able to mount two pieces on the fire wall each on one side of the motor facing the exhaust manifolds, one above the radiator facing the engine, one in the CAI box and the other two I mounted to be grill lights. This system is much more basic than the interior kit. The only control functions are to cut the system on and off. One button to go through the colors and preset light changing/flashing settings sequentially and two other button to change the speed of color change and flash modes. I think to fully light the engine bay all six would be needed, but the way I have it set up works pretty well. Over all I wish the system had better color control features and more wire to mount the LED pieces but for the money not a bad system.

I am happy with both systems, the underhood kit could use some work but not bad. I had read reviews that the remotes range suck but I could stand 10' away with the doors shut windows up and the hood shut and operate both systems just fine so the remote seem to work well. As soon as I can figure out how to post videos I will.

TwentyTen2SSRS 07-17-2013 12:40 AM

Live the build. LS here also so have the same mods going in as well. I want to do grill and engine lights next! Maybe ill need some help!

LS3 Handler 09-01-2013 08:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Had the guys at Emblem Pros hook me up with with some more custom badges for the hood. The badges turned out great and exactly how I wanted them. The only problems I had were my own fault I had them make them out of acrylic for the color I wanted which made them a bit more flexible but did make them conform to the hood well. I also had them made a bit bigger than they normally made them which may have been too big. But they were made exactly how I ordered them and I think they still look good.

LS3 Handler 12-12-2013 04:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well its been awhile and ive changed a few things up. I have changed the front bumper to a stock SS front end, installed IDEALG's clutch master cylinder and added a reservoir for just the clutch and added Katskin Leather orange inserts for the dash and door panels. Im loving the new master cylinder it completely rid the Camaro of the gear grind issues.